Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal?

Who would you rather beat?

• Total voters

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
No contest. Keep winning league games and fixtures like next Saturdays will be come the norm. Beating Blackburn is far more important.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
No one will remember the Blackburn game in years to come. Even if we lost, there are many league games left.

The Arsenal occasion will live long in the memory. Let's win that and raise the stature of the club even more.

Well,I personally hope we beat Blackburn first and then hope we give a good account of ourselves against the Gunners. Certainly don't want it to be as painfully memorable as Anfield last year for all the wrong reasons.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
And may i add that i'd go for a Blackburn victory please. These glamour ties are all well and good, but i disagree with the Brov in terms of what really makes a game. Celebrities who really don't give most of a damn don't do it for me, so it is those dirty little games in far off places that for me stand out in memory and adventure. Just having more people to tell about a true underdog victory or boasting to strangers of a david and goliath affair is one thing, but it's impersonal and doesn't link to my feelings of what the Albion are at present.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
And may i add that i'd go for a Blackburn victory please. These glamour ties are all well and good, but i disagree with the Brov in terms of what really makes a game. Celebrities who really don't give most of a damn don't do it for me, so it is those dirty little games in far off places that for me stand out in memory and adventure. Just having more people to tell about a true underdog victory or boasting to strangers of a david and goliath affair is one thing, but it's impersonal and doesn't link to my feelings of what the Albion are at present.

Not even Piers Morgan ???

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
3pts for me. Although i'm going to the game i don't care about the cup much..... just want to see a good game, and hope we don't get battered

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Minority view but I would go for the money generated by a 5th round tie to make a small contribution to these multi million transfer deals. If 2-3 points is difference between PO and 7th/8th in May would regret but take the chance.

BTW the guy next to me at Brum said yesterday that Arsenal are the only team in League that we have played (ie not Fleetwood etc) that we have never beaten. Is that right?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Minority view but I would go for the money generated by a 5th round tie to make a small contribution to these multi million transfer deals. If 2-3 points is difference between PO and 7th/8th in May would regret but take the chance.

BTW the guy next to me at Brum said yesterday that Arsenal are the only team in League that we have played (ie not Fleetwood etc) that we have never beaten. Is that right?

No, we beat Arsenal in two successive seasons at the Goldstone, in 1981/2 and 1982/3.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I asked this question in another post the other day and I think that is right

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Arsenal (if I was you)

I don't think you will go up, so if you had a memory to hold on to for this season would it be beating Blackburn or the great Arsenal?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We can sustain a few more draws,whilst our new striker settles,before kicking on with wins after a (season changing win versus a full strength Arsenal)

ARSENAL-

Personally i think we will win both

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here