Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal?

Who would you rather beat?

• Total voters

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Pretty simple question. Who would you rather beat next week?

Be interesting to gauge opinion on this one. My prediction is the poll will end up 60/40 in favour of beating Blackburn.

Arsenal,Gus has got more chance of being blessed by the pope than he has of getting us promoted this season

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surprised at the results here. Blackburn is one game of 19 where there are 3 points up for grabs. Beating Arsenal would give us extra prize money, another potential 27K crowd (or more if away at a big ground), potential TV money and plenty of good publicity generating further interest and income.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I've gone with Arsenal

it would be the biggest result in my history(apart from maybe Hereford but i was very young then) and would bring more money,coverage and potentially another great tie.

i'd take a point at Blackburn to keep us in touching distance of play off's(which is the best we can hope for) and hope that we stay undefeated for as long as possible....still 4 months of the season to go....

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
surprised how many opt for cup over league at this stage.

Normaly would put league 1st but this season you can clearly see we are not getting promoted already and the football is very boring to watch, sitting back on 1 goal leads every week and then throwing away 2 points at the end.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I voted beat Arsenal as *controversial comment alert* I'm not convinced we are good enough to go up this season, so may as well take some cup glory along the way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is only one answer, Blackburn

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My memory of some famous wins and defeats against quality sides in our rise from the old 3rd division to the 1st division is that that we put in great performances against decent higher league sides in the cups, some we won, Ipswich and West Brom and some we lost Derby and Nottingham Forest being the standout games for me, but the confidence it gave the team resulted in us kicking on in the league. So as long as we don't get stuffed by Arsenal, a good performance and a narrow defeat could kick start our play off push. I'll be happy with a win against Blackburn and good performance and loss against Arsenal

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmm. Win a sold-out 4th round FA Cup tie against a top team or win a bog standard league fixture (equalling one forty-sixth of the season) against a load of nondescript, 2nd-rate northerners. Anyone who says 'Blackburn' is a boring anal bobble-hatted dullard with zero imagination, no soul and no sense of adventure. Take your anoraks off, raise your noses from the league grindstone and try, really try to bring a bit of excitement into your sad, pathetic wretched little lives.

"Oh we're going up AND WE'LL win the Cup" as the song says

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hmm. Win a sold-out 4th round FA Cup tie against a top team or win a bog standard league fixture (equalling one forty-sixth of the season) against a load of nondescript, 2nd-rate northerners. Anyone who says 'Blackburn' is a boring anal bobble-hatted dullard with zero imagination, no soul and no sense of adventure. Take your anoraks off, raise your noses from the league grindstone and try, really try to bring a bit of excitement into your sad, pathetic wretched little lives.

J
"Oh we're going up AND WE'LL win the Cup" as the song says

Over the years I have noticed that you are a cup before league man, would that be a fair assessment ? :lolol:

Whilst I see your point, we can enjoy a decent cup run and a promotion, that would, be my preference

Now where's that bobble hat?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Normaly would put league 1st but this season you can clearly see we are not getting promoted already and the football is very boring to watch, sitting back on 1 goal leads every week and then throwing away 2 points at the end.

harsh :lol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Over the years I have noticed that you are a cup before league man, would that be a fair assessment ? :lolol:

Whilst I see your point, we can enjoy a decent cup run and a promotion, that would, be my preference

Now where's that bobble hat?
Yes, I think I may have made similar posts in the past! Yes, obviously I want to win both and I do hate this 'either/or' mentality. But if we beat Arsenal and lose to Blackburn when we look back on this season in years to come, assuming we don't go up, it'll be the Arsenal game that's remembered and all the league games will just be a blur. Hell, I still remember the league cup games against WBA, Ipswich and Derby as being the highlights of that first season under Mullery - when we had a good cup run AND got promoted.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'm old enough to remember the FA Cup when it was equal in importance to winning the old Division One championship. If we could beat Arsenal in the best cup competition in the world and at the same time prove we've got what it takes against a highly regarded club, I'll be very happy! Bragging rights against my Arsenal supporting brother would be good too!

Beating Blackburn is important but not the be all and end all of the season. We could lose and still make the playoffs.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I think I may have made similar posts in the past! Yes, obviously I want to win both and I do hate this 'either/or' mentality. But if we beat Arsenal and lose to Blackburn when we look back on this season in years to come, assuming we don't go up, it'll be the Arsenal game that's remembered and all the league games will just be a blur. Hell, I still remember the league cup games against WBA, Ipswich and Derby as being the highlights of that first season under Mullery - when we had a good cup run AND got promoted.

The Ipswich and especially the West Brom game are two of my all time favourite Albion games, I was a JCL in those days though and games like that along with the emergence of the wonderful Peter Ward ( only Vicente has come close for me since) are essentially a big part of the reason that this Nottingham born and at the time, armchair Spurs fan, is now an ardent Albion fan :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No one will remember the Blackburn game in years to come. Even if we lost, there are many league games left.

The Arsenal occasion will live long in the memory. Let's win that and raise the stature of the club even more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here