Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal?

Who would you rather beat?

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
No brainer for me, too – in the grand scheme of things, and certainly with the club's longer-term ambitions in mind, the Blackburn game is much more important than the Arsenal game. As is every other league game this season. The importance of a game is not solely dependent on the size and glamour of the opponents; otherwise this Cup game would be bigger than a play-off final against, say, Hull City.

Ok so basically the FA cup will never be taken serious as every team would rather focus on their next league opponents...

It would be nice to give it a good run every now and then and i still personally think an FA cup win still carries a lot of prestige. In the course of the season i don't think the 3 points gained at Blackburn will be as enjoyable as a win against Arsenal.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Not to mention a win against Arsenal might mean an even bigger tie in the next round. Football is about entertainment and I'd be FAR more entertained at this prospect than beating Blackburn.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Ok so basically the FA cup will never be taken serious as every team would rather focus on their next league opponents...

Where did I say that? I clearly said 'this season' - priorities change according to circumstance. You think Bradford prioritised the League Cup at the start of this campaign? It's a bit more complicated than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here