Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal?

Who would you rather beat?

• Total voters

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'd go for beating Arsenal. I LOVE the FA Cup, and drawing or losing to Blackburn would in no way mean the end of our push for the play offs. I don't actually subscribe to the opinion that we have no chance of winning the FA Cup. Liverpool away apart, we have upped our game against Prem opposition, and for the first time since the 80's have a squad that can give anyone in the PL a close game.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
BTW the guy next to me at Brum said yesterday that Arsenal are the only team in League that we have played (ie not Fleetwood etc) that we have never beaten. Is that right?

No but Chelsea are, though we have beaten them in the cup

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Normaly would put league 1st but this season you can clearly see we are not getting promoted already and the football is very boring to watch, sitting back on 1 goal leads every week and then throwing away 2 points at the end.

Wow.

Haha.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I would say beat Blackburn for the league oints but kowing pur sj=hower of shite defending late on we'd only drop the points a home game later so ill take beat arsenal for the one off glory.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry but beating Arsenal would be a hell of a scalp. I'd take an Arsenal win and a draw at Blackburn

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd go for beating Arsenal. I LOVE the FA Cup, and drawing or losing to Blackburn would in no way mean the end of our push for the play offs. I don't actually subscribe to the opinion that we have no chance of winning the FA Cup. Liverpool away apart, we have upped our game against Prem opposition, and for the first time since the 80's have a squad that can give anyone in the PL a close game.

Arsenal will whip us (not because Wenger is incredible, but simply because the trophy-less version of Wenger keeps spending vast sums on rated players who will outplay us; and to lose to lower league opposition in both cups would turn yet more plastics against Wenger and some players ... So they will fight to beat us).

On the other hand, an away win at PL class Blackburn would be a massive lift to our promotion prospects following the Kuszchak howler.
It would get the show back on the road, and not let if fizzle out as in 2012.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Arsenal will whip us (not because Wenger is incredible, but simply because the trophy-less version of Wenger keeps spending vast sums on rated players who will outplay us; and to lose to lower league opposition in both cups would turn yet more plastics against Wenger and some players ... So they will fight to beat us).

On the other hand, an away win at PL class Blackburn would be a massive lift to our promotion prospects following the Kuszchak howler.
It would get the show back on the road, and not let if fizzle out as in 2012.
I think you've spectacularly missed the point; of COURSE Arsenal will probably whip us - which is why beating them would be such a massive result that will be talked about for years to come. (The same way those of who were there go on about the League Cup run). So the question of the thread is: would you take a massive Cup shock upset or a hum-drum league win?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think you've spectacularly missed the point; of COURSE Arsenal will probably whip us - which is why beating them would be such a massive result that will be talked about for years to come. (The same way those of who were there go on about the League Cup run). So the question of the thread is: would you take a massive Cup shock upset or a hum-drum league win?

Absolutely!! If we beat Arsenal one of more of our players will be labelled a heroes, great exposure for us. If we don't beat Blackburn we still have plenty of time to make the play-offs.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I'd rather win the cup than get promoted this season so I'll vote arsenal. Of course I would take either, or both :). Personally I feel we need another season to prepare properly for survival in the premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here