Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley interested in Hoskins and Harley

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
They can have Harley ,but after saturdays performanceGus would be mental to ley them have W H

Definately more to come from Hoskins after Saturday's performance. He looked really up for it, linked up well with Buckley and Orlandi and looked a threat without having an opportunity on goal. I hope he's given more opportunities over the next few games

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Those of us who were at the Memorial Stadium when Hoskins played a blinder against us for Bristol Rovers and scored a wonder goal will want to see him get more games in the Championship.

For the Albion.

This

He was outstanding that day. His second goal wasn't to shabby either

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally, if loaning out Hoskins means we free up the funds required for the type of striker we really need (ie, another option), then I think it's a case of take the offered deal and get our man in. Harley isn't going to be getting into the team any time soon so loaning him out, especially to a Championship club makes all kinds of rational and logical sense. Besides, Barnsley are the type of team he may well thrive in. They do like to play football, he will get on the ball and I believe Jacob Mellis is the leading assist maker in the league so far, so presumably he'll be playing in a more central role rather than being advanced. Realistically, that's the type of role he'd have to play here, in an Orlandi type position rather than a Vicente position from last season, which probably better serves him but which Gus doesn't seem to want to try him in. I have always had the impression that Harley is just a luxury, he doesn't have the defensive awareness nor desire to be an effective player in a central midfield position where you have to work forwards and backwards.

Hoskins I like, and would preferrably keep. But, like Craig Noone, if the right offer comes in and we can find someone else to come in and replace him, then I suggest taking the deal. But it's all about getting the replacement in the bag as well.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You testing the new Ignore User button for Bozza? :lolol:

I try to be tolerant of posters who are fellow Brighton fans, but have to keep reminding myself that we have a fair number of kids and mental retards on here.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd rather have Hoskins in the starting 11 than CMS personally, since Hoskins can actually do what we've been missing ever since Murray was forced out; hold the ball up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
odds on Harley will do well elsewhere and with another year on his contract it will do us good if he does. Hope we keep Hosky and he earns a new deal with us - we need another strike option and as it seems highly unlikely that we will be entering the loan market he is going to be essential to our keeping pace.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather have Hoskins in the starting 11 than CMS personally, since Hoskins can actually do what we've been missing ever since Murray was forced out; hold the ball up.

FFS Murray "forced" out?

FFS give it a rest!

- - - Updated - - -

odds on Harley will do well elsewhere and with another year on his contract it will do us good if he does. Hope we keep Hosky and he earns a new deal with us - we need another strike option and as it seems highly unlikely that we will be entering the loan market he is going to be essential to our keeping pace.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt
Swansea certainly saw something in him.

What has that got to do with my comment?

I understand what you were meaning.

Munkfish is either just thick or trying to make you look small as he has lost the argument.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And so called supporters would rather destroy him than help restore the confidence of a once good footballer.

He was NEVER f***ing good FOR US . ONE free kick aside. I dont f***ing care about how good he was at EXETER.

EVERY game and actually yes EVERY game he has played and I have been there for EVERY game he has played he has looked lazy, disinterested and a BOTTLER. Culminating in that "penalty" at Millwall last season.

Get. RID ASAP.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He was NEVER f***ing good. ONE free kick aside.

EVERY game and actually yes EVERY game he has played and I have been there for EVERY game he has played he has looked lazy, disinterested and a BOTTLER. Culminating in that "penalty" at Millwall last season.

Get. RID ASAP.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He was NEVER f***ing good. ONE free kick aside.

Get. RID ASAP.

anyone who saw him play consistently well for Exeter will say you are being one-eyed to say the least. Harley is skillful and more than capable of putting in a shift. His problem seems to be a mental one. As a big fish in a small pond he gave everything but when he went to Swans and then us, among better players, his self belief took a knock. He needs support to regain it but clearly that seems unlikely to happen here.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Then you must be harley himself . How about making an EFFORT instead on poncing about every week you waste of wages.

It continues to be true that as people begin to loose an argument they resort to direct and personal insults.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt
Swansea certainly saw something in him.

I understand what you were meaning.

Munkfish is either just thick or trying to make you look small as he has lost the argument.

No you've just made yourself look like a complete idiot, the only comment I have made on this thread was about your sweeping assumtion that you made about Gus and his Entire scouting team rating Harley, as you seemed to be slating another poster as in his view harley wasnt very good.

what has Swansea's view on Harley got to do with Gus and his Entire scouting team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here