Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley interested in Hoskins and Harley

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Will Hoskins? Fucks sake!

Are they interested in Will Buckley too? What about Liam Bridcutt? Good old Barnsley. Are they going to offer £50k for our captain again in the summer?

To be fair it's no more ridiculous as someone suggesting we are going to get Bobby Zamora on loan in January.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Our two Willy attack on Saturday looked very useful.

How long until the chant "We've got two Willys" picks up at the Amex?

On subject though... Hoskins definately should stay (if he wants to) but Harley should go if for no other reason than he's simply not getting games. As a pro, he should be looking to put himself in the shop window and prove to Gus (and most Brighton supporters that have seen him play) wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't believe we would be short-sighted enough to loan Will Hoskins to Barnsley. I thought he had a good game against Huddersfield when he came on as a sub on Saturday and did more than CMS had done up to that point. So why ship him out? Just give him more time from the bench to regain his fitness. It's not as if we are flush with strikers FFS.

Forgot ya calms this morning? :)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Go for it I say, win-win for us.

Barnsley aren't promotion contenders, so if they can help them beat our rivals, then great. If they do well, we can always bring them back as on-form match fit players.

Except that the last time Hoskins went on loan he was crocked after 2 games and hardly played again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
From seeing Hoskins in recent games I never realised how stocky he is (not in a poof way) , seems to have a fair bit of power about him and hold it up . . . has suprised me

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Those of us who were at the Memorial Stadium when Hoskins played a blinder against us for Bristol Rovers and scored a wonder goal will want to see him get more games in the Championship.

For the Albion.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ill happily pay for a one-way ticket for Harley to get to Barnsley !!

Hoskins should stay though, good useful back-up and seeing as we dont have many strikers, selling him would be a big mistake.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ill happily pay for a one-way ticket for Harley to get to Barnsley !!

Hoskins should stay though, good useful back-up and seeing as we dont have many strikers, selling him would be a big mistake.

From what I've seen of Hoskins, if he gets fully fit then I wouldn't be surprised to see CMS as Hoskins' back-up. Hoskin's awareness in the box, control and first touch are much better than CMS's. Nobody has the energy or enthusiasm of CMS but personally I think Hoskins looks a better player.

Very unlikely that Gus will loan him out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hoskins can STAY.

If Harley wants a f***ing lift to Barnsley (one way only) then PM me. Gladly drive him up there. GLADLY.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Forgot ya calms this morning? :)

I thought I was being calm.:lolol: We had a great result on Saturday so no cause for alarm. Didn't get to the game but a friend who did go indicated that Hoskins' movement was very impressive. I'd be very disappointed, therefore, if we now shipped him out on loan. 6 points from the next two games and I'll be well relaxed.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
He probably is, however harley is lazy, lethargic and cannot put a pass in the correct place.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He probably is, however harley is lazy, lethargic and cannot put a pass in the correct place.

And so called supporters would rather destroy him than help restore the confidence of a once good footballer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
And so called supporters would rather destroy him than help restore the confidence of a once good footballer.

Fair comment but it's difficult to find much to be positive about ... a great free kick and a good 15 minutes against a totally gash Burnley side. I think his level is L1, at least he's not proven himself beyond that, so better he goes back and tries to rebuild from there I reckon

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think his level is L1, at least he's not proven himself beyond that, so better he goes back and tries to rebuild from there I reckon

So let me get this straight, you can judge a player better than Gus and his entire scouting system.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So let me get this straight, you can judge a player better than Gus and his entire scouting system.

Do you think Gus and the ENTIRE scouting system watched Harley play before we signed him? and if they did, they all agreed?

Quite a sweeping statement. Just Saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here