Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley interested in Hoskins and Harley

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd rather have Hoskins in the starting 11 than CMS personally, since Hoskins can actually do what we've been missing ever since Murray was forced out; hold the ball up.

Yeah, I'd rather replace our top goal scorer with someone who's injury prone and is unproven at this level, great shout ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that the answer to Hoskins going out on loan would depend on who Gus is trying to bring in if anybody, and also the fact that he may well score against our promotion rivals so help us out indirectly. As it stands I would be happy to keep him as another alternative rather than bring in somebody like Chris Wood. I think it would do both Harley and Sparrow good to go out on loan and both could do a turn for a championship side like Barnsley.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah, I'd rather replace our top goal scorer with someone who's injury prone and is unproven at this level, great shout ???

Perhaps if you'd been at the match on Saturday you'd have seen what a night and day difference it made once Hoskins came on, he is the man to lead he line for us, preferably with CMS but without if Poyet continues to refuse to play a decent set up.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It continues to be true that as people begin to loose an argument they resort to direct and personal insults.

Oh yes, try not to mention Barnes failings either, that will kick off the insults big time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh yes, try not to mention Barnes failings either, that will kick off the insults big time.

Shall I get the Pringles in?

- - - Updated - - -

Shall I get the Pringles in?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Perhaps if you'd been at the match on Saturday you'd have seen what a night and day difference it made once Hoskins came on, he is the man to lead he line for us, preferably with CMS but without if Poyet continues to refuse to play a decent set up.

How would you know if I was at Huddersfield or not?

And I just think its a ridiculous suggestion taking our top scorer out of the squad to replace with somebody who's hardly played.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Seems totally pointless to ship Hoskins out then try like buggary to get someone in and then end up with a Billy Painter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And I just think its a ridiculous suggestion taking our top scorer out of the squad to replace with somebody who's hardly played.

As big a Murray fan as I am and as much as I think Gus dropped a ricket in letting Murray go, I'm not gonna blame him because he couldn't see that Hoskins would be injured for 16 months. A fit Hoskins may very well have put to bed all the hand wringing about Murray,

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As big a Murray fan as I am and as much as I think Gus dropped a ricket in letting Murray go, I'm not gonna blame him because he couldn't see that Hoskins would be injured for 16 months. A fit Hoskins may very well have put to bed all the hand wringing about Murray,

Yep everytime I see Hoskins Im quite impressed. Apart from Millwall away when he spooned an absolute sitter then clutched his thigh as if he had been shot. Probably embarrassed at missing the chance!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Will Hoskins - would be utter, utter MADNESS for us to loan him out without a replacement in the bag. We lack striker options, and have struggled to acquire in that area since Muzza left.

Ryan Harley - has done NOTHING for us (well, one fantastic free-kick). A failure at Swansea, a failure with us. Some need to ask themselves "why did Swansea offload?" as well as noticing that "Swansea saw something in him": L1 player, sorry.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Then you must be harley himself . How about making an EFFORT instead on poncing about every week you waste of wages.

To be fair, this season Harley has been putting in a lot more effort in the matches and I have seen him tracking back and tackling a lot more when he has had his limited chances on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will Hoskins - would be utter, utter MADNESS for us to loan him out without a replacement in the bag. We lack striker options, and have struggled to acquire in that area since Muzza left.

Ryan Harley - has done NOTHING for us (well, one fantastic free-kick). A failure at Swansea, a failure with us. Some need to ask themselves "why did Swansea offload?" as well as noticing that "Swansea saw something in him": L1 player, sorry.

Swansea resisted selling him for 6 months and then decided to sell him because they got promoted to the Premier League.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
what matches are you referring to ?

The Cardiff and Barnsley games at home. I was interested to see if he was putting more effort in as Gus was putting him on the bench ahead of Sparrow and Vincelot at the time, and from my view he was.

It would also suggest he is putting in more effort in training than the likes of Sparrow in training as he has appeared on the bench and we all know Gus wants to see players fighting for their place, something with Harley must have done more than the above two to have merited his appearences on the bench

- - - Updated - - -

what matches are you referring to ?

The Cardiff and Barnsley games at home. I was interested to see if he was putting more effort in as Gus was putting him on the bench ahead of Sparrow and Vincelot at the time, and from my view he was.

It would also suggest he is putting in more effort in training than the likes of Sparrow in training as he has appeared on the bench and we all know Gus wants to see players fighting for their place, something with Harley must have done more than the above two to have merited his appearences on the bench

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Swansea resisted selling him for 6 months and then decided to sell him because they got promoted to the Premier League.

More like, realised after 6 months that they had fcuked-up buying him in the first place.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Top Yorkshire team ?

Barnsley have Jacob Mellis on loan. I can't see they need Harley.

- - - Updated - - -

Barnsley have Jacob Mellis on loan. I can't see they need Harley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here