Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley interested in Hoskins and Harley

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Barnsley have Jacob Mellis on loan. I can't see they need Harley.

- - - Updated - - -

Barnsley have Jacob Mellis on loan. I can't see they need Harley.

Are you sure? I thought Mellis was released by Chelsea in the summer and picked up on a free by Barnsley? I might be wrong, but I read he was shown the door by Chelsea and given a lifeline at Barnsley, where he is doing really well to be fair.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet has looked to get Hoskins out at every chance he has had too. The only thing that is different now, is he can't afford to be that transparent, seeing as what we have at our disposal up front. It's not a masterstoke or great management not to let Hoskins go out on loan. It's called not having a choice, Hoskins will stay, for the time being anyway. Let's not forget this is the guy who was sold to Bournemouth(behind his back), didn't want to go, so was shipped straight out on loan up north.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet has looked to get Hoskins out at every chance he has had too. The only thing that is different now, is he can't afford to be that transparent, seeing as what we have at our disposal up front. It's not a masterstoke or great management not to let Hoskins go out on loan. It's called not having a choice, Hoskins will stay, for the time being anyway. Let's not forget this is the guy who was sold to Bournemouth(behind his back), didn't want to go, so was shipped straight out on loan up north.

You do have a way of twisting things in your world. Hoskins was injured, had family problems and a bid was accepted which is vastly different to actually selling a player. Hoskins turned it down and asked if he could go up north to be nearer his family. Poyet said he was disappointed that Hoskins wanted to go but understood why. He's come back to us, got back in the team despite another injury set back and is now establishing himself in the squad.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You do have a way of twisting things in your world. Hoskins was injured, had family problems and a bid was accepted which is vastly different to actually selling a player. Hoskins turned it down and asked if he could go up north to be nearer his family. Poyet said he was disappointed that Hoskins wanted to go but understood why. He's come back to us, got back in the team despite another injury set back and is now establishing himself in the squad.

Believe what you want, I was under the impression that he was further away from his family in Sheffield than he is here, but whatever...

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton

The only thing that is transparent about any of this is you spouting rubbish as per usual!
Lets say your right, and the only reason Gus hasn't shipped him out is because he can't afford to lose face as we have little to no replacement - why then has Gus been bringing him off the bench when he is clearly not anywhere near being match fit? surely if gus wanted to ship him out that badly then he would leave him to rot in the reserves rather then bringing him off the bench before he's even fully match fit?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Believe what you want, I was under the impression that he was further away from his family in Sheffield than he is here, but whatever...

His family are in Nottingham which is only 30 miles from Sheffield. I don't know if his wife and children are down here now but he is from Nottingham.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Hoskins looked good in pre season and would have appeared more already this season had he not got injured.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The only thing that is transparent about any of this is you spouting rubbish as per usual!
Lets say your right, and the only reason Gus hasn't shipped him out is because he can't afford to lose face as we have little to no replacement - why then has Gus been bringing him off the bench when he is clearly not anywhere near being match fit? surely if gus wanted to ship him out that badly then he would leave him to rot in the reserves rather then bringing him off the bench before he's even fully match fit?

Probably because we have a sum total of zero striking options to bring on. I still say Dobbie is more an attacking midfielder.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Probably because we have a sum total of zero striking options to bring on. I still say Dobbie is more an attacking midfielder.

Given the amount paid for him, I'd rather see him given a chance unless we're on a position to sign a top striker on loan or in January.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought you might have learned your lesson with your wild speculations about Vicente and Crofts.

Sorry have I missed something, is Vicente back??? and I just asked the question of Crofts which every single Brighton fan wanted to know. Which was where was he Saturday. Nine times out of ten, that's the sort of thing fans are told. If he wanted it kept private then good luck to the bloke.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry have I missed something, is Vicente back??? and I just asked the question of Crofts which every single Brighton fan wanted to know. Which was where was he Saturday. Nine times out of ten, that's the sort of thing fans are told. If he wanted it kept private then good luck to the bloke.

Your prediction that Vicente wouldn't start 10 games and Crofts was absent because his wife was in labour. You immediately jumped to conclusions and slated the club for not telling us when the baby wasn't actually born until Sunday. It's because you always think the worst and jump in with size 10 boots each time.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your prediction that Vicente wouldn't start 10 games and Crofts was absent because his wife was in labour. You immediately jumped to conclusions and slated the club for not telling us when the baby wasn't actually born until Sunday. It's because you always think the worst and jump in with size 10 boots each time.

I've held my hands up about being wrong about Vicente, starting ten games towards the end of last season, when he was obviously putting himself in the shop window. We might even see him again come March, although I doubt it this time round.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
His family are in Nottingham which is only 30 miles from Sheffield. I don't know if his wife and children are down here now but he is from Nottingham.

Pretty sure they still live in the Nottingham area. And not to mention that he has three young kids, after his wife gave birth to the third child not that long ago...

But unfounded speculation is fun for some I guess!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've held my hands up about being wrong about Vicente, starting ten games towards the end of last season, when he was obviously putting himself in the shop window. We might even see him again come March, although I doubt it this time round.

I'd say the shop window bit was 50/50 ..no obvious about it

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I really hope Hoskins gets a run in the team. Lad deserves a chance and has only shown promise every time he has played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here