Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes: Couldnt score in a Brothel?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have no idea how anyone in the Brighton end knows whether the chances were easy or not. They could have been - but you have better eyesight than me.

did we have better eyesight than the person who started this thread who 'watched' them on the radio, and said a ten your old could have scored them?

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Personally i'd like to congratulate barnes on his great start to the season,his and murray's partnership is getting stronger and their understanding of each others games is growing,it can only get better.Was at game yesterday and we should have won the game in the first half but hey,Top of the league by 2pts with this squad of players,can't see anything to moan about really.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Personally i'd like to congratulate barnes on his great start to the season,his and murray's partnership is getting stronger and their understanding of each others games is growing,it can only get better.Was at game yesterday and we should have won the game in the first half but hey,Top of the league by 2pts with this squad of players,can't see anything to moan about really.

Totally and its bollocks like this thread that only hinder peoples progress.
For the first miss the goal keeper had him closed right down, I don't think it was a tap in as the radio liked to refer to it. The 2nd chance he should have taken, it looked like he mistimed his jump.

The goals will come and at least he is getting into these positions to miss them!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Exactly, hes a work in progress...
I thought he missed one easy chances yesterday, and I was more concerned because it looked like it might be getting to him. The misses from Oldham game were largely down to great goalkeeping and some bad luck with the one that hit the post. Against brentford he tried to hard - I felt.
The thing is he has the ability to be in right place at right time, I think theres real hope so long as hes brave and his confidence gets better, which happens with goals and getting the breaks..
What he doesnt need as a young lad is the crowd on his back.
Likening him to Craig Davies is idiotic, CD didnt have the knack of being in right place and he didnt hit target at all, during his barren spell....

100% Right! El Presidente, you and those with some understanding of football and people shouldn't have to keep doing this. I despair! Why are there so many cretins on here trying to undermine Albion players? FFS Some players actually read this appalling message board.

Also, why do so many of these jokers come from Mid Sussex commuter land?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So how do people think he did this week? I don't think he improved much, couldn't finish his dinner.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
he gets himself into good positions. his luck has deserted him at the moment. in fact, today he actually scored but it was ruled out . keep the faith.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Had 3 chances today , one of which went into the net but disallowed for offside. Needs more luck than skill.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So how do people think he did this week? I don't think he improved much, couldn't finish his dinner.

I thought he was disappointing today and played below the high level he has attained this season.

You however, are CONSISTENTLY a (unt.........well done.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The service to the front two today was poor due to B'mouth tactics and us not pushing further up the pitch.

Scored one which was very marginally offside.

Had a good long range shot and could have done better with a half chance.

Hardly a horror show

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
From what i have seen over ther past 4 home games, i can't seem to work him out.
Is he a pacey forward that likes to get in behind? in my opinion no not enough pace.
Is he a hold up player who likes to drop off short and bring others into the game? no as that is the role that Murray has.
Is he a natural goal poucher with clinical finishing? as his stats show not at the moment.
Is he a good partner for Murray? at the moment no, I counted 10-15 times today murray flicking balls into dangerous areas for his strike partner to feed off, for me the anticipation was not their.

One thing he has in his favour is time, and hopefully he can improve, and if Gus can see something in him, then I will trust his judgement.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
From what i have seen over ther past 4 home games, i can't seem to work him out.
Is he a pacey forward that likes to get in behind? in my opinion no not enough pace.
Is he a hold up player who likes to drop off short and bring others into the game? no as that is the role that Murray has.
Is he a natural goal poucher with clinical finishing? as his stats show not at the moment.
Is he a good partner for Murray? at the moment no, I counted 10-15 times today murray flicking balls into dangerous areas for his strike partner to feed off, for me the anticipation was not their.

One thing he has in his favour is time, and hopefully he can improve, and if Gus can see something in him, then I will trust his judgement.

I`ll be surpised if he figures after the january transfer deadline.
He is an unlucky striker.................... to be it nicely.
I`ll be glad to be proved wrong here though.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Have to agree with that. I think he will come good, but no where near ready yet. No where near good enough at the moment to justify a place in the first team. Murray is certainly the provider, rather than goalscorer, but Murray is pointless if you have no one too provide for. I would like to see some of the youngsters given a go up front with Murray. Barnes has cost us a lot of points this season, and we may as well try something else sooner rather than later. Barnes will come good in time, but you dont have time all the time you are top of the league

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Barnes did ok, held the ball up well. Linked with Murray and with more luck would have scored. Murray also missed a couple of chances (free header in first half and perhaps should have done better with a shot after a Barnes chest).

Both players are gelling well, but surely we should be encouraging our own players?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barnes did ok, held the ball up well. Linked with Murray and with more luck would have scored. Murray also missed a couple of chances (free header in first half and perhaps should have done better with a shot after a Barnes chest).

Both players are gelling well, but surely we should be encouraging our own players?

So f***ing what, don't you know the rule on NSC..........

When Barnes misses he is slaughtered, when Murray misses he is unlucky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here