Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game, player ratings etc

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Couldn't give a toss about Brighton Bear right now.

Can't help but think Wilkins bottled it - should have gambled in the last minute - look at the amount of last minute goals we've had. Surely would have been worth whipping a cross in. And the substitutions reeked of negativity too.

Defense was CLASS however, and it was a superb battling performance, backed by fantastic crowd.

Kuipers - 9 - one fumble, but other than that made some great saves which kept us in it
Hart - 8 - a dodgy opening ten minutes, got booked - but then had a blinder. Grew in confidence the longer the game went on.
Lynch - 8 - Brilliant in the air and sweeping up at the back
Elphick - 7 - Steady, solid.
Mayo - 8 - reads the play fantastically well. Great performance, limited their winger.
Martot - 3 - I really hope someone explains the purpose of him as a wideman before the end of the season. He is GASH. Contributed NOTHING today.
Thomson - 7 - Same as ever - lots of good tackling, average in possession though.
Racon - 9 - brilliant, ran the show in the middle of the park. Tackling, dribbling, passing - getting him until the end of the season could be a spectacular coup.
Cox - 8 - great in the middle at running at the Forest defence. Sadly though refused to go to goal - always went wide with the final ball - his only fault.
Murray - 7 - great build up play, tracking down and passing. How anyone can say he's lazy is beyond me.
Forster - 6 - ultimately fluffed an open goal and did little else.

Loft - 4 - out of his depth
Robinson - 4 - did nothing
Butters - didn't have time to make an impact, although managed to put one in the stand.

A good result if we get something from Leeds, but I really think we should have gone for it in the second half. Three points from the two games was considered a MUST before today. Fortunately though, if we're in the play-offs then results must have gone are way.

Good stuff
:clap:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Keep going boys you will get there:bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here