Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game, player ratings etc

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I cant see why we didnt get all the big players forward and go for goal from that free kick, the 3 points could be the difference to us getting play offs or not.

How often do teams actually manage to score these chances in the last few seconds, not many, and then there is the big risk of the counter attack and you could end up conceeding, so going for the corner is the right thing to do.

We had the previous 90 minutes in which we had be unlucky not to score (the effort that was tipped onto the cross bar, and the Forster / Thompson chance)
So why is it suddenly so much easier to score in the last few seconds? is it guarenteed you will have scored if you went for it? - no! (previous managers also got their players to head for the corner to kill of a match, managers like Adams and Coppell, but did they get anywhere near as much undeserved stick, - no!)

It was a very good point, and could end up being the difference between making the play-offs and failing, why take a big risk on something that is still only, in reality, a small chance of scoring at a point when, if it did go wrong, we wouldn't be able to recover.

Well done to Wilkins and the players, a great performance.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
No my car was parked at the services so I didn't go inside got in my car and went, didn't fancy the Gillingham fans who turned up at the same time.

I know they looked f***ing ugly:D

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Kuipers - 10 - There you are I've given him a perfect 10. Don't believe he could have done anything better today and without him we would have lost 3 or 4 nil.

he could have scored :lolol:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
I know they looked f***ing ugly:D

i had to get petrol and got clobbered by some of them in the station, they're just pissed off that they're so far adrift and looking like going down, very complimentary to us though,,,,,,which is nice lol.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kuipers 9
Hart 7
Elphick 8
Lynch 8
Mayo 7
Cox 8
Thomson 7
Racon 8.5
Martot 7
Forster 7
Murray 7

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
i had to get petrol and got clobbered by some of them in the station, they're just pissed off that they're so far adrift and looking like going down, very complimentary to us though,,,,,,which is nice lol.

Thats unusual them being complimentary like that you didnt promise them with you presence there i hope you know which side your bread is buttered, you know it makes sense:bigwave:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Just seen some highlights on Sky Sports. I didn't realise that Forster probably took that early chance off of Thomson's foot. I wasn't aware of Thomson being that close at the match.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Thats unusual them being complimentary like that you didnt promise them with you presence there i hope you know which side your bread is buttered, you know it makes sense:bigwave:

Don't you worry about that big boy lol, now I'm worried you REALLY do know who I am. :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here