Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game, player ratings etc

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Couldn't give a toss about Brighton Bear right now.

Can't help but think Wilkins bottled it - should have gambled in the last minute - look at the amount of last minute goals we've had. Surely would have been worth whipping a cross in. And the substitutions reeked of negativity too.

Defense was CLASS however, and it was a superb battling performance, backed by fantastic crowd.

Kuipers - 9 - one fumble, but other than that made some great saves which kept us in it
Hart - 8 - a dodgy opening ten minutes, got booked - but then had a blinder. Grew in confidence the longer the game went on.
Lynch - 8 - Brilliant in the air and sweeping up at the back
Elphick - 7 - Steady, solid.
Mayo - 8 - reads the play fantastically well. Great performance, limited their winger.
Martot - 3 - I really hope someone explains the purpose of him as a wideman before the end of the season. He is GASH. Contributed NOTHING today.
Thomson - 7 - Same as ever - lots of good tackling, average in possession though.
Racon - 9 - brilliant, ran the show in the middle of the park. Tackling, dribbling, passing - getting him until the end of the season could be a spectacular coup.
Cox - 8 - great in the middle at running at the Forest defence. Sadly though refused to go to goal - always went wide with the final ball - his only fault.
Murray - 7 - great build up play, tracking down and passing. How anyone can say he's lazy is beyond me.
Forster - 6 - ultimately fluffed an open goal and did little else.

Loft - 4 - out of his depth
Robinson - 4 - did nothing
Butters - didn't have time to make an impact, although managed to put one in the stand.

A good result if we get something from Leeds, but I really think we should have gone for it in the second half. Three points from the two games was considered a MUST before today. Fortunately though, if we're in the play-offs then results must have gone are way.

Good stuff
:clap:

If we had done that and then conceded from a quick break after their keeper had caught it you'd have been the first one on here slaughtering the gaffer for getting it wrong, so don't start calling him a bottler, that point was hard fought and we weren't going to give up in a moment of madness al la Cheltenham. As for the substitutions, the only thing that "reeks" is your understanding of the situation and the reason why those changes were made.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
If we had done that and then conceded from a quick break after their keeper had caught it you'd have been the first one on here slaughtering the gaffer for getting it wrong, so don't start calling him a bottler, that point was hard fought and we weren't going to give up in a moment of madness al la Cheltenham. As for the substitutions, the only thing that "reeks" is your understanding of the situation and the reason why those changes were made.

Why are you having a moan at him, hes praised the team and practically licked all their arses, bit uncalled for.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
It's the player we are trying to work out who is doing the blah, blah, blah isn't it :lolol:

I could just tell you but its not for me to say anyway just throw names at him im sure he won't lie???

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Brightonbear obviously wants his identity to get found out so i'm not sure why he doesn't just tell us who he his so we can get back to the matter at hand, Football!

Great result today, unfortunately couldn't make it myself (still at Uni :() but I hopefully will make it to our CUP FINAL.......home to Port Vale of course :jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

We'd have only been caught out if we sent the whole team up - I wouldn't have blamed the management (for the set piece) in the unlikely event we conceded a last minute goal anyway, as I (in my opinion, as a fan) think you should play for 3 points unless in fairly exceptional circumstances. Given the task ahead next week, we should have gone for it i think. More likely, if we conceded, i'd have been pissed off at the subs, which even with a point I still think were a bit shoddy.

He didn't have the guts to go for the win- that makes him a bottler in my eyes. I clearly wasn't the only one who thought so, given that there fair of booing (from an otherwise 100% supportive following) as we wasted the kick, presumably from fellow fans disappointed at spending a lot of money, only to see us negatively go for the draw. I wasn't one booing, for what it's worth.

A good result - yes, but one that could have been more if we were riskier at the death.

Like it or lump it - this is a fans message board, i'm a fan, and am quite entitled to a not entirely ridiculous viewpoint of the game.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
We'd have only been caught out if we sent the whole team up - I wouldn't have blamed the management (for the set piece) in the unlikely event we conceded a last minute goal anyway, as I (in my opinion, as a fan) think you should play for 3 points unless in fairly exceptional circumstances. Given the task ahead next week, we should have gone for it i think. More likely, if we conceded, i'd have been pissed off at the subs, which even with a point I still think were a bit shoddy.

He didn't have the guts to go for the win- that makes him a bottler in my eyes. I clearly wasn't the only one who thought so, given that there fair of booing (from an otherwise 100% supportive following) as we wasted the kick, presumably from fellow fans disappointed at spending a lot of money, only to see us negatively go for the draw. I wasn't one booing, for what it's worth.

A good result - yes, but one that could have been more if we were riskier at the death.

And I respect your right to do that totally. But he's not a bottler and I think if you had the situation with any of the teams in our league, 99% would have done the same. That 1 point today could make all the difference. But fair do's to you and all the fans who made the journey today, if that's what you thought then fair enough.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And I respect your right to do that totally. But he's not a bottler and I think if you had the situation with any of the teams in our league, 99% would have done the same. That 1 point today could make all the difference. But fair do's to you and all the fans who made the journey today, if that's what you thought then fair enough.

Fair point - if that one point gets us in the play-offs then I take it all back.

But, at this point in time, I think we should have gone for all 3.

Each to their own I suppose. "Bottler" might be a bit harsh, but let's just say the cautious approach was a bit disappointing to me!

Good result regardless! :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that they did exactly right with the free kick and settled fora wellearned point. To have pumped he free kick into their goal would have been pointless unless all the tall men who may win a header, all opur defenders, were up thus leaving the likes of Cox or Robinson one of whom would have taken the kick to track back in the event of a breakaway. Not a viable proposition if their kee[per took a quick long kick from the edge of his area.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Kuipers 9 - some amazing saves, kept us in the game.Great to see him go mental when we missed our chances. Now he has learned to kick, we are under less pressure defensively.

Hart 7 - made some great challenges, but got beat a couple of times for some dangerous crosses going into our area

Mayo 7 - didn’t put a foot wrong,

Lynch 9 - absolutely brilliant, his best game for ages. He went down injured, and looked like he was about to come off, but got up and played even better. Not sure how close his long range shot was, but it looked spectacular. My MOM

Elphick 8 - a great game at the back, made so many last ditch tackles, and won pretty much every ariel battle. Was brilliant to see him CAPTAIN too. Kept urging the crowd to sing up, and it worked a treat

Thomson 7 - why the fcuk didn’t he scream for that ball that fell loose in the box, he had a tap in, but Forster greedily took it even with his back to goal. That was our big chance to win the game. Looked a bit out of place on the right of midfield

Martot 6 - didn’t create much going forward, but was solid enough in defence.

Cox 8 - his best game in a while, and showed that if he trusts his team mates, he can look good too. Our most creative outlet on the day, but still afraid to shoot when he gets into great areas on the edge of the box.

Racon 8 - brilliant player, looks flair with short sleeves and gloves, won loads of challenges in the middle of the park and put some great through balls to Murray and Forster

Forster 7 - ran his nuts off and looked tired at the end, maybe being subbed was best for us, with next week in mind. His movement was creating loads of room for Murray to exploit

Murray 6 - not his greatest game, had a couple of sniffs at goal, but his control for once let him down. Still a great player, and will be back on the goal trail soon

Loft 5 - oh dear oh dear, always out of position, lost pocession everytime he got it, and some of his crosses were really badly overhit

Robinson 5 - again bottled challenges, thought his pace would frighten the defence, but he didn’t look interested and got outmuscled, didn’t go in for challenges, and didn’t have a chance on goal. But he did get his signature 30 yard one-two with Dean Cox

Butters - won his headers and solid as ever

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The only person I can think who might be brightonbear is John Sullivan, don't think anyone else has mentioned him so far, he is certainly heavily involved with the first team squad. I spoke with him very briefly on arrival at Walsall and he struck me as being a pretty intelligent bloke, certainly one capable of conveying his opinion in such an erudite manner as the posts on here.

Just to add my 6 penny worth having gone with NS Junior.

Top day out - great game of football which either team could have won. Shame Nicky took a great opportunity away from Thomo early on but both teams really went for it.

FDM- nothing else to say than has already been mentioned. That performance epitomises why he deserves our total respect. The man has blue and white striped blood and it's about time the attention seeking NSC numpties started a thread to apologise for their attitude towards him and recognise him for what he is.

Well done to the traveling faithfull and well done to all the players and management :clap::clap::clap:

Foot note - what bloody planet was that ref and linesman on? They were inept beyond belief at times and how our players kept their cool was a testament to their professional attitude

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought we looked alittle jaded, espically Thomson. Mayo and Hart were getting seriously raped by Commons and the other winger. Forster was also jaded towards the end, should of put that chance away through in the first half. Thierry Racoon was fantastic, his tackling is first class. And passing is simply sublime. I think we need to get a striker on loan before Thursday, because we're short of a impact striker on the bench, because Gatting won't be it. Our pass and move was brillant. Lynch and Elphick were totally solid at the back, didn't put a foot wrong all game. How the hell did Kuipers save that one on one, I will never know. Four points out of these two games, I would be very happy with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here