Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game, player ratings etc

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
just watching sky sports news....didnt realise Wilkins got sent from the dug out for taking action over the multi ball system !

I saw him run along and nick a ball of a ball boy, give it to Dean White and then sit back down in the dug out, thought it was quite amusing but he wasn't sent to the stands, as the ref was on the other side of the pitch

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree with Mr Badger not sure what he was thinking by bringing Loft on for Thomson we totally surrendered midfield after that. Lets hope dean learns from it.

As for Forster he may have just been knackered as he ran his arse off today or I believe he is one booking away from a ban? If so maybe it was so he definitely starts against leeds.

Minor gripe is murray compared to the other players he did look a bit lazy but thats a minor grumble really.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
what i couldn't understand was when we had that last free-kick in the last minite why the hell did we go for the corner flag it was begging for a good cross and guy butters to head it in the back of the net i was very disappointed with that

Which is why me and a few others started booing.

Just wondering by the way, was you on the 17.45 train back to Lincoln sat with a Forest fan ???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Michel 9.95 - worthy of a ten but you people get funny if people give tens.
Hart 8 - their number 19 had a shit day because of OGH.
Elphick 8 - just overshadowed by Joel today
Lynch 8 - I thought he's have to go off injured. But no. Awesome.
Mayo 8 - another solid defensive performance. Richards can't be certain to get his place back
Cox 8 - another eye catching performance.
Thomson 7 - I'm sure there is more to come from him. Looking forward to seeing it.
Racon 9 - The classiest player on the pitch. Red or Blue.
Martot 7 - Promising glimpses, but not quite enough
Forster 8 - Should have given us the early lead. Baffled why he was subbed.
Murray 7 - Just did enough for a seven, but not fulfilling the early promise

Jake - we were defending by the time he arrived, so little influence
Lofty - got involved, broke up their play. Good performance.
Guy - Worked tirelessly for his 45 seconds on the pitch

Great day out. Thanks lads. Same again next week please, just with one more goal

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just passed the team coach on the M23! A good 10 miles ahead of the Costa Express (see match thread). They all looked knackered!!
PG

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We were magnificent in the second half, and pretty good in the first half.

If I was a Forest supporter I would probably think we were robbed, but top marks to the Albion for holding back the tide.

How their shot that hit the inside of the post in the second half didn't go in I'll never know. A real let off. To lose after such a battling performance would have been an injustice.

The ref was awful. Some bad decisions.

Kuipers 9. MOM. Kept us in the game in the first half. Still cannot understand why he wasn't given the No 1 shirt at the beginning of the season. He certainly deserves it.

Hart 8. Great performance by a player everyone had written off.

Elphick 8. One dangerous miskick, but another excellent game.

Lynch 8. Keeps getting better. A couple of good runs upfield.

Mayo 8. Defended well and managed the odd forage forward.

Cox 8.5. Probably the best game I've seen him play.

Thomson 7. Did what he did well, but doesn't shine. Would have scored in the first half if Forster had left the ball to him.

Martot 6. Did OK, I guess, but nothing memorable.

Racon 8. Very impressive again, but gave the ball away two or three times in dangerous positions.

Forster 7.5. Worked hard. Not many shooting chances.

Murray 5. A poor game I thought. Didn't do enough of anything.

Subs:
Loft 4. Did nothing positive.
Robinson 3. Got knocked off the ball a couple of times. Nothing else.
Butters. Not long enough.

Manager: 7. Picked the right team, but his substitutions could have cost us the game. We needed strong players on there at the end, not Loft and Jakey.

Crowd 10!!

(Where was Westlake, injured?)

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Great performance from the back four, Cox was also superb. FDM was immense. Thomson and Martot didnt have great games but I think Martot would of been better on the right, not sure why Loft went down the right when he came on? Foz and Murray looked tired and hopefully get a good rest before Saturday. Racon broke up play brilliantly, just lacked the final ball.

Overall a good point well deserved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:To everyone of the players who started a big:clap2::clap2::clap2: You were fanastic none more so than Kuipers and I am his biggest critic but yes BG is applauding MK and he earnt the bit of luck he had when the ball hit the inside of the post and ran virtually along the goal line. Well done Michel.

Do not however agree with the negative comments being made about Glen Murray as I feel that he worked extreemly hjard to try and create a chance but did agree with the commenmts re the subs, by settling for the draw Wilkins nearly lost it for us.

Final comment re the free kick near the end somebody said they were disppointed we didnt hit the ball in the middle for Butters to try fora goal I think that we had settled fora draw and the last thing you wanty to do is give the ball to their keeper to kick, possibly the length of the field.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Yes, I though Elphick and Lynch were outstanding as well-the whole defence was magnificient second half. We hardly created a chance, but they never really looked like scoring either (I never thought the shot off post was going in-though it was damn sight closer than I expected).

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I cant see why we didnt get all the big players forward and go for goal from that free kick, the 3 points could be the difference to us getting play offs or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant see why we didnt get all the big players forward and go for goal from that free kick, the 3 points could be the difference to us getting play offs or not.

And giving the ball to their goalkeeper with our big defenders on the attack would have made us vulnerable to a counter attack and a defeat like that would be very demoralising. I think that in the circumstances we did the right thing and settled for the one point. If we do the same at Leeds and Southend and win the other games we will get in the playoffs.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
I agree with Mr Badger not sure what he was thinking by bringing Loft on for Thomson we totally surrendered midfield after that. Lets hope dean learns from it.

As for Forster he may have just been knackered as he ran his arse off today or I believe he is one booking away from a ban? If so maybe it was so he definitely starts against leeds.

Minor gripe is murray compared to the other players he did look a bit lazy but thats a minor grumble really.

Yeah thanks for that Im sure Dean will learn from the fact that both players are f***ed after 8 games in 24 days and that Tommo was suffering from tight calfs before the game let alone when he was subbed, but what does he know.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Great day my 5 year old son;s 1st game. Players came into toddington services to a nice round of applause, thanks to Fdm for saying hello to my son

kuipers-10 outstanding 4 unbelievable saves
mayo- 8 very solid got turned a couple of times 1st half
elphick 8 superb all game unlucky not to score with header against the bar
lynch 9 battered by tyson with no support from a poor ref but just got on with it class, nearly scored with that 25 yard screamer

hart 8 no one got passed him great display
martot 6 worked hard but drifted in and out of the game at times
thomson 8 got stuck in missed him when he went off
racon 8 real class what i like about him is when he loses the ball he gets after the man and wins it back
cox 9 another fine display at times he bossed the game
forster 7 unlucky after a few mins with back to goal
murray 6 looks tired inches away from hartys cross

subs
loft 5 not in the same league as thomson but gave us some energy
robinson 5 not the impact we have come to expect when on late gave the ball away to easliy
butters 5 not enough time great clearance into the roof of the stand
ref 2 hopeless was he wearing a red shirt underneath
away support 9 singing all the way through great turnout:albion2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
just watching sky sports news....didnt realise Wilkins got sent from the dug out for taking action over the multi ball system !

Players Earn Time Off | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest

Wilkins was sent to the stand as the final whistle approached for taking a ball from a ball-boy after referee Nigel Miller had stopped the use of the multi-ball system during the second-half.

"The only downside for me was that there were a few poor decisions out there.

"To his credit the fourth official was agreeing with me but he was asking me to calm down and for five minutes I tried to stay calm but then there were another couple of incidents where there were blatant fouls that did not go our way.

"The two balls came onto the pitch and the multi-ball was stopped. However Forest, quite slyly - and I have to say that I am not at all happy with it - kept a ball down their attacking end. Then when the ball went off the pitch and ended up high in the stands, within seconds they had taken the throw-in, and I think that is a massive flaunting of the rules.

"After that incident occurred the game carried on, and as I looked down the touchline they had another ball there, which I think is wrong. If the multiball has been stopped then it is stopped.

"So I did what anybody else would have done, I went and collected the ball from the ball-boy and gave the ball back to the fourth official. I thought that I was doing a good job for him to be honest, but then he sent me to the stands.

"I'm a little bit baffled by it and I will have to have a word with them to see what it was all about."

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Yeah thanks for that Im sure Dean will learn from the fact that both players are f***ed after 8 games in 24 days and that Tommo was suffering from tight calfs before the game let alone when he was subbed, but what does he know.

Didn't see you at the service station with the others did you drive up by yourself great game today,eh:thumbsup:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Kuipers - 10 - There you are I've given him a perfect 10. Don't believe he could have done anything better today and without him we would have lost 3 or 4 nil.

Hart - 7 - Worked his socks off and brilliant cross in the first half.
Lynch - 8 - His best game in a long while.
Elphick - 7 - For once not our best defender today.
Mayo - 7 - Didn't let anyone down.

Cox - 9 - His best game of the season
Thomson - 7 - Does his job without a fuss.
Racon - 8 - Sheer quality.
Martot - 6 - We missed Westlake today.

Murray - 6 - I thought he worked hard enough but his first touch let him down today.
Forster - 7 - Ran and ran but looked tired in the second half. What shame he couldn't get his foot around that early chance.

Loft - 5 - His appearance shows we still lack strength in depth
Robinson - 5 - Can understand why the substitution was made but was always going to struggle against a big strong defence.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
I was in the service station!:clap:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Didn't see you at the service station with the others did you drive up by yourself great game today,eh:thumbsup:

No my car was parked at the services so I didn't go inside got in my car and went, didn't fancy the Gillingham fans who turned up at the same time.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008

Sorry, yes I was a great performance when you consider the amount of games we've played and the players we're missing as well, so all very pleased, bring on the Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here