Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aussie Press

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This thread reminds me of a joke my dad told me:

Q. What's the difference between Australia and a yoghurt?
A. If you leave a yoghurt unattended for long enough it will acquire a culture.

doesn't yoghurt already have culture....??? isn't that what makes it yoghurt...???

I think in internet terms that's called "pwned".

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i admire the Aussie sporting attitude and will to win mentality, what let's them down is when they lose , they whine and make ridiculous excuses like schoolchildren , and will refute the most glaring evidence that they've been beaten fair and square .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But why blame Australia?

His rant was all directed at Australia's riders who rode to their own teams plan.
I found that a little odd.

But INO the Germans were more to blame than the Aussies - they had a greatSprinter, but contributed NOTHING to help te Peloton catchthe breakaway.
Esp as this is the right answer

I'm into cycling big time. Most people I know would rather Cav and Wiggo win than Contador or Schleck.
Cheers.
I think the French see it the same way.
What a strange world we live in! :lol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
i admire the Aussie sporting attitude and will to win mentality, what let's them down is when they lose , they whine and make ridiculous excuses like schoolchildren , and will refute the most glaring evidence that they've been beaten fair and square .

Are you saying Cavendish is Australian?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
:clap2:

Attachments

• England-celebrate-winning-001.jpg
    England-celebrate-winning-001.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 26

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I found that a little odd.

Esp as this is the right answer

Cheers.
I think the French see it the same way.
What a strange world we live in! :lol:

I think it's been a successful marketing ploy for the likes of USA, UK and AUS cycling teams to cultivate the Anglo aspect of their teams. The success of US Postal and those after it encouraged the likes of Sky and Green Edge for form and challenge the traditional cycling powers.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
There is no question that Australia are a great sporting nation but there is also no question that they are very very touchy about even the slightest criticism from the English. That implies to me that they very much still see us as their biggest rivals. As for America there's no contest as far as medals go, there's also not the same 'rivalry' there was in the pool, they haven't found another Thorpe yet. The U.S.A don't play cricket or rugby at a high level either so no I can't see why Australia would have a special rivalry with them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is no question that Australia are a great sporting nation but there is also no question that they are very very touchy about even the slightest criticism from the English. That implies to me that they very much still see us as their biggest rivals. As for America there's no contest as far as medals go, there's also not the same 'rivalry' there was in the pool, they haven't found another Thorpe yet. The U.S.A don't play cricket or rugby at a high level either so no I can't see why Australia would have a special rivalry with them.

Quite. In sporting terms us and Aus are Liverpool and Everton, America are, say, Man City or Chelsea, someone everyone would want to beat but no real links to either of us.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Quite. In sporting terms us and Aus are Liverpool and Everton, America are, say, Man City or Chelsea, someone everyone would want to beat but no real links to either of us.

I'd say they were a little more like Milwall - They might make a lot of noise and don't like losing but no-one really gives a flying f*** about them....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Could have sworn the thread was about the Aussie press having a proper dig at Cav.

Why wouldn't they?

He had a go at our riders accusing them of racing in a way so as to ruin his chances of winning.

Plenty of English cycling fans think he was an utter cock for what he said.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just been reading The Sydney Daily Mail online (relatives in Oz) and they really ripped into our cyclists with some really disparaging remarks almost to the point of hate. No need for it.
A nation of :tosser:'s

Why wouldn't they?

He had a go at our riders accusing them of racing in a way so as to ruin his chances of winning.

Plenty of English cycling fans think he was an utter cock for what he said.

I'm not arguing that, I merely pointed out that you were Incorrect by stating the thread was about Cav having a moan at Aussies when it's clear the Thread title is about The Aussie Press having a dig at Cav.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here