Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aussie Press

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Dont ever get wound up by Aussies ! They refer to themselves as the guys from Down Under and we all know what "down under" means. It means bottom, rock bottom---- and that aptly describes their sporting achievements. Bottom at Soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Cricket, Athletics, Cycling, Swimming etc etc . That's why they invented Aussie rules football. Only they play it, so they cant get beaten by anyone.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dont ever get wound up by Aussies ! They refer to themselves as the guys from Down Under and we all know what "down under" means. It means bottom, rock bottom---- and that aptly describes their sporting achievements. Bottom at Soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Cricket, Athletics, Cycling, Swimming etc etc . That's why they invented Aussie rules football. Only they play it, so they cant get beaten by anyone.

where the f*** have you crawled out of...??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Tit!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's even moronic by troll standards.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
where the f*** have you crawled out of...??

Byron Bay actually ! What a relief it is to get back to civilisation. Spent 4 weeks in a town full of 60 year old hippies. What a sad lot they were trotting around the town with their baggies and surfboards. Like a place that time forgot.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Byron Bay actually ! What a relief it is to get back to civilisation. Spent 4 weeks in a town full of 60 year old hippies. What a sad lot they were trotting around the town with their baggies and surfboards. Like a place that time forgot.

So you don't like Australians because you spent some time in Byron Bay? Not that surprising, why not try Nimbin next time!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
So you don't like Australians because you spent some time in Byron Bay? Not that surprising, why not try Nimbin next time!

I quite liked Byron Bay when I was out there actually. I can think of plenty worse places in Australia. The Gold Coast further north In Queensland is awful. One big stretch of ugly concrete high rise that reminded me of Benidorm.

Australian Media never miss a trick to put the boot into any UK sports team. Just the local gutter press playing to their core readership. They're obsessed with us. They always deny it, but they are.

Whatever makes them happy I guess?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I quite liked Byron Bay when I was out there actually. I can think of plenty worse places in Australia. The Gold Coast further north In Queensland is awful. One big stretch of ugly concrete high rise that reminded me of Benidorm.

Australian Media never miss a trick to put the boot into any UK sports team. Just the local gutter press playing to their core readership. They're obsessed with us. They always deny it, but they are.

Whatever makes them happy I guess?

I didn't mind Byron Bay when i went for a holiday but it isn't really representative of Australia as a whole. Although where is it's such a huge f***ing place and everywhere is different.

I think the press perpetuate a myth of obsession with the poms but in my experience it is usually a pretty light hearted rivalry which I quite enjoy. Same as anywhere though it depends who you are talking to, some people hardly even mention it and some start frothing at the mouth and take it far to seriously.

I once got told to f*** off out of a shop as the owner "hates f***ing poms" that was in the bush and to be fair the fella had a kangaroo lose in the top paddock. It started because i want to buy some strimmer cord on a debit card, to add insult to injury I didn't know the model number of the strimmer I was buying it for. With that sort of behaviour it's not surprising he hates poms.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I didn't mind Byron Bay when i went for a holiday but it isn't really representative of Australia as a whole. Although where is it's such a huge f***ing place and everywhere is different.

I think the press perpetuate a myth of obsession with the poms but in my experience it is usually a pretty light hearted rivalry which I quite enjoy. Same as anywhere though it depends who you are talking to, some people hardly even mention it and some start frothing at the mouth and take it far to seriously.

I once got told to f*** off out of a shop as the owner "hates f***ing poms" that was in the bush and to be fair the fella had a kangaroo lose in the top paddock. It started because i want to buy some strimmer cord on a debit card, to add insult to injury I didn't know the model number of the strimmer I was buying it for. With that sort of behaviour it's not surprising he hates poms.

conkers?

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove

I didn't say I didn't like Aussies or Australia to be truthful, but Aussies are a tad easy to wind up and I had great fun in the big sports bar on the beach opposite Fish Heads restaurant talking about sport with the locals. Admittedly most folk in Byron are " passing through" as there's F all there really, but those who do live there are stuck in a time warp from 60 years ago. Sydney was a great place to visit but Brisbaners were rude and seem to carry a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Brits. I guess it's an inferiority complex !!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Plenty of English cycling fans think he was an utter cock for what he said.

Plenty don't though. The Aussies were as guilty as the Germans (and the Americans, they've got a decent sprinter) for being bitter lazy losers. Disgraceful to see at the Olympics.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Plenty don't though. The Aussies were as guilty as the Germans (and the Americans, they've got a decent sprinter) for being bitter lazy losers. Disgraceful to see at the Olympics.

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. That much is evident.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that other teams had more than one game plan going into this race and that those plans weren't the same as the GB teams.

To say they were lazy is laughable. Especially given one of Australia's riders started the first break away and still finished 6th overall. That's not even taking into account Mick Rogers also made an effort to go away from the peleton. That suggests they worked their arses off rather than being "lazy".

If you actually think they were lazy and their tactics were built around being "bitter" you're rather the nuffer when it comes to cycling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. That much is evident.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that other teams had more than one game plan going into this race and that those plans weren't the same as the GB teams.

To say they were lazy is laughable. Especially given one of Australia's riders started the first break away and still finished 6th overall. That's not even taking into account Mick Rogers also made an effort to go away from the peleton. That suggests they worked their arses off rather than being "lazy".

If you actually think they were lazy and their tactics were built around being "bitter" you're rather the nuffer when it comes to cycling.
I've said it before, but that's why I can't work out why Cav turned on the Aussies.

But Ty, could you please explain Germany's tactics?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I've said it before, but that's why I can't work out why Cav turned on the Aussies.

But Ty, could you please explain Germany's tactics?

Germany I cannot explain to be honest mate.

My theory is that there were a lot of shot legs going round in some of the more fancied teams from the tour riders.

There's nothing to say that there were riders who set off on in the race and a few kms in put the word out they were shot and as such their teams put up the white flag.

Griepel's a solid lad, hauling that frame over the mountains in the tour wouldn't be easy. Maybe he just was gassed and once the team knew that they sat back and cruised around to the end.

That's one take on it anyway perhaps.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

I wouldn't mind , but if you looked at the ancestry of most of them who've got an issue with"poms" you'd find a pretty large proportion of "pom" DNA in there !!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I wouldn't mind , but if you looked at the ancestry of most of them who've got an issue with"poms" you'd find a pretty large proportion of "pom" DNA in there !!

To be fair, it's not like a lot of the "poms" seem to like each other either.

If a neutral observer came on this forum they'd get an overall feeling those in the south of England don't think much of those North.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, it's not like a lot of the "poms" seem to like each other either.

If a neutral observer came on this forum they'd get an overall feeling those in the south of England don't think much of those North.
Yeah because Ditchling is a $hit hole. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here