Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can imagine you may take a bigger interest in their results than anyone other than ours, but I don't think second team is the right way of expressing that interest.

:lolol:

I think you've sussed me out :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
he was full of “Well, Brighton fans are really Chelsea fans with a second team”. I’ve never met such a fan but it does seem to be a trope. Anyone out there admit to being a big-six supporter in disguise, or know of one?

Palace fans are obsessed with this and spout it all the time. Just the usual bollocks they come out with (we’re all Tarquinius that like rugby more etc). Weren’t the guys that started their Ultras ex-Spurs fans? Seems more like they’re projecting their own fan base on to ours.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watching MotD it is clear that most grounds had a very reduced attendance, even those that were during the day and/or with easy public transport. Huge numbers of empty seats, so nothing exceptional about the Amex.

Same nonsense Chailey posted.

The two games in London seemed about 50 - 60% attended. Covid is running at 2000 cases per 100K there. Norwich and Villa were full (though Norwich did a fire drill when the third and fourth goals went in). City looked normal.

East Sussex has a Covid rate of 700/100K in comparison.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The uni car park wasn’t full. We were in the multi storey and there were at least 2 floors above (maybe more) unused that could have taken more cars.

Reckon a lot of people that were meant to park in the multi-storey parked in the big main car park instead (probably as they didn’t know where they were meant to go) and that made the main car park full. There were loads of spaces available around campus.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's because [MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] were not there, tutting at people and asking them to sit down and be quiet.

As someone who often sits with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], I can tell you for sure that it is him who needs to be told to sit down and shut up.

It was much more peaceful without him sitting by me last night.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep, great 3 points! Brentford seemed to have a reduced allocation compared to all the other away fans this season - much wider gap of seats than normally between them and the Albion fans in the South Stand - at a guess around 1,000 fewer than Leeds. Definitely made a lot of noise though - shows the benefit of a load of singing fans all compressed in one space together!

I hope they are all triple jabbed !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'll try and remember to ask when I am back at work as it seems to mean so much to people. Never entirely sure why though. Not sure why other people doing or not doing something as simple as going to a football match can be embarrassing to other people but it seems to be.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

The two games in London seemed about 50 - 60% attended. Covid is running at 2000 cases per 100K there. Norwich and Villa were full (though Norwich did a fire drill when the third and fourth goals went in). City looked normal.

As you have already said previously in this thread.

Maybe come at it from a different angle? Maybe E Sx has such a lower rate of infection because there are a higher proportion of people who assess the risk to themselves and their families, such as preferring not to spend an hour or so in a packed concourse with an overwhelming maskless crowd drinking beer? (Yes, I know it is not compulsory to drink in the concourse - but plenty of others do not seeem to realise this, from my experience.)

Just saying, you can view this from a variety of perspectives, and taking one stat as 'proof' of a theory is less likely to be correct, overall?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
is there an official requirement for the club to announce the attendance? Lack of announcement and obviously fans draw their own conclusions, but the club could use a low attendance to argue against 8pm Boxing Day ko essentially with NO TRAINS

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
is there an official requirement for the club to announce the attendance? Lack of announcement and obviously fans draw their own conclusions, but the club could use a low attendance to argue against 8pm Boxing Day ko essentially with NO TRAINS

Well there clearly isn't, else they'd have done so. Not even the BBC match report is, er, reporting it. Maybe they'll stop announcing it altogether. At best, based on the Wolves game and many others, they just get (rightly) ridiculed for the announcement. At worst they get (wrongly) accused of faking the 'attendance'. PB's latest massive missive in the B&H News, and linked to on here, seems to suggest that the criticism has hit home

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Yes - I did. And these were exactly my thoughts.

Swathes of empty presold seats to season ticket holders but the general sale seats were pretty full. It was no more than half full where I sit.

Combination of factors but all points to the club maxing out on potential revenue and fans not being able to get better seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They were also singing a lot

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well there clearly isn't, else they'd have done so. Not even the BBC match report is, er, reporting it. Maybe they'll stop announcing it altogether. At best, based on the Wolves game and many others, they just get (rightly) ridiculed for the announcement. At worst they get (wrongly) accused of faking the 'attendance'. PB's latest massive missive in the B&H News, and linked to on here, seems to suggest that the criticism has hit home

I think the only requirement is that the home club are aware of how many people are actually inside the ground for safety purposes etc. other than that they can pretend as much as they like how many millions are in attendance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the only requirement is that the home club are aware of how many people are actually inside the ground for safety purposes etc. other than that they can pretend as much as they like how many millions are in attendance.

The actual clicks through the turnstiles are clearly and easily measured, for all sorts of reasons. Good luck with getting hold of that number tho

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

They are now 30,141 as I posted above.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

You can be an aggressive **** sometimes, can't you.

I said "most grounds had a very reduced attendance" and you confirmed that they were perhaps 50-60% attendance. My point exactly. Our game was at 8pm, finishing at around 10pm with real public transport issues. I think that's far from nonsense. But you can't help yourself can you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here