Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was really really good cheers. I've posted about it on a couple of other threads. Oh, and sent an email to Seagull Travel telling them so. And posted a very positive Google review also. So, yeah, you could say it was good :smile:

What is the best way to contact Seagull Travel? It seems to be the only way I can now travel to games (walking disabled) as the trains are no longer suitable.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Thought Brentford did well to bring down what looked like about 1500 last night. Their club subsidised ticket prices for 10 coaches, which was decent of them. Any other day (or even kick off time) would have meant they’d have sold their full allocation of 3000.
Good to see the Mirror mention the anti Sky Tv chants in their report (although it was hardly deafening) but that 8pm kick off knocked around 18k off the actual attendance.
Sky Tv really is ****ing shit.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They sold the tickets. I am sure Barber would have liked more bums in seats, but he is more interested in the pretend figure for attendance and the Sky money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They sold the tickets. I am sure Barber would have liked more bums in seats, but he is more interested in the pretend figure for attendance and the Sky money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you really blame him though? he is a businessman and doing his best to improve the club coffers after all. We already know that financially speaking the club can do without the paltry amount of cash that we fans generate at the turnstiles.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Can you really blame him though? he is a businessman and doing his best to improve the club coffers after all. We already know that financially speaking the club can do without the paltry amount of cash that we fans generate at the turnstiles.

He and the PL ought to be interested in making sure the stadiums are full too. It looked poor last night. And it wasn't just the Amex.

Hopefully we can get back to something closer to normal next Month.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He and the PL ought to be interested in making sure the stadiums are full too. It looked poor last night. And it wasn't just the Amex.

Hopefully we can get back to something closer to normal next Month.

My fear is that it may very soon get even worse, and we will be back to playing in front of one man and his dog. the risk of stadiums being closed to fans still hangs large. I just hope that last night's game won't be the last that l will be allowed to watch for a while.

Moral grandstanding about fans turning up or not turning up or attendance being good or bad is inappropriate when Omicron is ripping through Britain. I did go but time will tell whether those that didn't made the wiser choice, let's await the pings and the home tests. Yes, the bereft East Stand where I was happened by chance to be more socially distanced than the two Amex managed games of a year ago I went to. Those that didn't go made it safer for those that did.

Wasn't really so convinced about the away end, London a huge epicentre of Omicron and their fans packed in tightly. I know people are making those free choices with vaccines but there's still something about that which doesn't completely convince me during times like this.

Last edited:

They are, and the number was 12k ‘something’ …I can’t recall the exact figure, as I have said above. As you say, good luck getting an official quote, and I obv expect my disclosure to be scrutinised as I don’t reveal a great deal on a consistent basis by choice, because it’s often not appropriate to do so but in this instance I feel it’s pretty harmless and I think it’s a believable number. I guessed ‘less than 15k’ when asked.

Sounds about right from what I saw. That figure for me reflects well on Brighton fans - it's by some collective common sense creating a safer environment, almost a ballot that the club no longer want to hold but Brighton fans collectively did

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sounds about right from what I saw. That figure for me reflects well on Brighton fans - it's by some collective common sense creating a safer environment, almost a ballot that the club no longer want to hold but Brighton fans collectively did

Nope, much more to do with the terrible timing and awful travel arrangements.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

I think TB and PB will have been seriously concerned that for the second match running the actual attendance was less than half what it should have been, based on the reported attendances. It does not reflect well on the club or the ‘best league in the world’ brand.

Oh well, he now has the headache of overseeing a palace league game scheduled for a Friday evening. Lol.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't think this is quite the case, I doubt many of the 18,000(?) season tickets sold before the first game at the amex were sold to people that had never been to a Brighton game before.

I know and I think I have made that point above.

The part of the post you highlighted is what many Palace fans say, in that sentence that was the point I was making.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Moral grandstanding about fans turning up or not turning up or attendance being good or bad is inappropriate when Omicron is ripping through Britain. I did go but time will tell whether those that didn't made the wiser choice, let's await the pings and the home tests. Yes, the bereft East Stand where I was happened by chance to be more socially distanced than the two Amex managed games of a year ago I went to. Those that didn't go made it safer for those that did.

Wasn't really so convinced about the away end, London a huge epicentre of Omicron and their fans packed in tightly. I know people are making those free choices with vaccines but there's still something about that which doesn't completely convince me during times like this.

Agree completely with all of this.

Nope, much more to do with the terrible timing and awful travel arrangements.

Impossible to tell how much was either factor but all 3 were obviously in play. I was surprised that the one woman ST holder not far away from me who always leaves on the 80th minute was there last night

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
And I quote...

Brentford fans: "Is this a library?"
North Stand fans: "This is a library" :lolol:

Indeed, it was refreshing that the token amount of noise from the Norff seemed more 'as one' and less of the three section competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here