Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Random email before Wolves game, there was a thread on here, certain percentage of tickets were cancelled those picked had to queue at one of two ticket windows behind NS had to prove they had covid pass with ID to get ticket reactivated. Big queue I heard.

I think it was quoted 20% of tickets but can't remember now.

If you didn't get the email you would know, wife came around 2pm I think.
this is rather worrying 6,000 ppl in a queue having to show evidence then get ticket reactivated. I did notice more than usual late arrivals and wonder if it was that more than the fewer trains i.e. cancellation due to driver shortage. This seems absolutely bizare way of doing it and yet still checking randomly at the turnstiles. So possibly the same ticket holder is stopped twice! When does the email get sent out please? Its one more thing to check and really means everyone needs to arrive so much earlier. 20% is a large number to be taking a chance on a drink at the Swan and stroll across half hr before ko

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
this is rather worrying 6,000 ppl in a queue having to show evidence then get ticket reactivated. I did notice more than usual late arrivals and wonder if it was that more than the fewer trains i.e. cancellation due to driver shortage. This seems absolutely bizare way of doing it and yet still checking randomly at the turnstiles. So possibly the same ticket holder is stopped twice! When does the email get sent out please? Its one more thing to check and really means everyone needs to arrive so much earlier. 20% is a large number to be taking a chance on a drink at the Swan and stroll across half hr before ko

As I understand it 20% was the total number of checks at the Wolves game.
Not may of these would have been by this method.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Doubt the Wolves and Brentford attendances combined came to that :shrug:

It’s so subjective what the figure quoted should be.

I would always say it should be those physically there, so for Sunday around 15,000.
Albion quote tickets sold, as far as I know, but that is not always the same as seats sold - so for a game where the ticket exchange kicks in they will actually sell more tickets than capacity. So would they quote, say, 35,000 for those?

Which of the 3 is correct?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m pretty sure I read that only around 100 people have to queue for checks. Don’t know where the 20% figure comes from.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Barber can print as many pages as he wants saying it not his fault, doesn't make it true, there were a lot of supporters that wanted to go but couldn't because of his restrictive practices.

Had my boy and his better half over from the states for xmas who wanted to go.
I don't normally speak out but getting fed up with the Barber love in.
publicly speaks that he want the fans to be happy, but the reality is we are a nuisance to him and his plans.
He makes to very difficult for supporters but pretend otherwise of which is is very good at, But at @25k a week he should be.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The club have to do 20% checks as per guidance - this is total spot checks across a crowd in queues.

They did 49% for Wolves exceeding their target

They also did face to face checks at the ticket office for a handful of fans - picked at random - who had their tickets deactivated until they could show their vaccine/test proof

Of all the checks the club did - 92% used the nhs Covid digital pass as their proof of vaccination/ test etc

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think attendance figures should now be modernised to “tickets sold”. However much some ridicule the club for announcing 30,141 for Brentford, when we all know the stadium was half full at best, this ultimately counts towards FFP and turnover and so allows us more funds for transfers!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I think attendance figures should now be modernised to “tickets sold”. However much some ridicule the club for announcing 30,141 for Brentford, when we all know the stadium was half full at best, this ultimately counts towards FFP and turnover and so allows us more funds for transfers!

So as tickets sold can exceed capacity for some games, are we happy with quoting a a figure that exceeds capacity?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Barber can print as many pages as he wants saying it not his fault, doesn't make it true, there were a lot of supporters that wanted to go but couldn't because of his restrictive practices.

Had my boy and his better half over from the states for xmas who wanted to go.
I don't normally speak out but getting fed up with the Barber love in.
publicly speaks that he want the fans to be happy, but the reality is we are a nuisance to him and his plans.
He makes to very difficult for supporters but pretend otherwise of which is is very good at, But at @25k a week he should be.

Can I ask why they couldn't go?
Could they not get tickets or because you couldn't sit with them or Covid reasons (showing pass)?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

They should just quote both.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
They should just quote both.

But then they would have to quote three, not two, figures:

Actual number of people in attendance (call me old fashioned ….)
Number of seats sold (can never exceed capacity)
Number of tickets sold (as the same seat can be sold more than once via Ticket Exchange, this can be more than capacity)

Take your pick!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

Attendance announced or pretendance has nothing to do with income received by the Club or FFP!!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The club have to do 20% checks as per guidance - this is total spot checks across a crowd in queues.

They did 49% for Wolves exceeding their target

They also did face to face checks at the ticket office for a handful of fans - picked at random - who had their tickets deactivated until they could show their vaccine/test proof

Of all the checks the club did - 92% used the nhs Covid digital pass as their proof of vaccination/ test etc
I strongly oppose deactivating tickets until covid status is proven and yet others dont have tickets deactivated but have to prove status at the turnstile. Its hardly a fan friendly approach. I see no problem with checks at the turnstile but surely what's happening now is outright wrong a sort of inequality approach. As for nearly 50% checked PMSL its totally down to whether the steward can be bothered to check the club have no idea what percentage are checked, completely exaggerated.

Imagine buying a concert ticket, plane ticket, theatre ticket then having it taken away after purchase until you can evidence you are covid free. How would you feel?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Imagine buying a concert ticket, plane ticket, theatre ticket then having it taken away after purchase until you can evidence you are covid free. How would you feel?

Safer knowing they are taking public (fans) welfare seriously in the midst of a global pandemic

We are all warned in advance that covid checks could be carried out and to prepare proof ready to be checked before being admitted

If there were never any checks, then why would anyone comply with the restrictions if they knew they could get away with out having to adhere to them (ie prove they were negative if not double jabbed via LFT?) risking spreading the virus widely as there are significant numbers in attendance

Checks make it less likely someone would take the chance and risk trying to get in without meeting the covid requirements for entry

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
IAs for nearly 50% checked PMSL its totally down to whether the steward can be bothered to check the club have no idea what percentage are checked, completely exaggerated.

?

The club count the checks they do via the various methods/stewards. And that’s how many they say they did in post match interviews etc. Not sure why you think they’re lying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here