Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
spurs announced theirs as actual fans ( sorry customers ) that turned up 40,539

we won't want to do the same as will concerned it is seen as admission that previously insisting tickets sold measure is only way might be wrong approach

no doubt in will appear in next home programme as say 30,796

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Less than half full. Brentford fans didn’t seem to have any issues traveling from London though. Once we scored the atmosphere seemed to liven up a bit (through the tele screen) which is par for the course. In theory we were down to the hardcore support undiluted by tourists.

It’s their first season for 74 years, I’m not surprised they can find 3k fans to attend every away game regardless of KO time, distance and date - and fair play to them. Away travel on supporters coaches isn’t too bad when it’s 3k.

As for hardcore support, I don’t think last night was any indication of who supports the club more or less, just who perhaps doesn’t have the same commitments, travel issues, health concerns as others I would think.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Less than half full. Brentford fans didn’t seem to have any issues traveling from London though. Once we scored the atmosphere seemed to liven up a bit (through the tele screen) which is par for the course. In theory we were down to the hardcore support undiluted by tourists.

What I would note is that Brentford weren’t sold out. Could this be the only time in the EPL that a London side hasn’t sold out?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Selective?

Aside from the post lockdown games I couldn’t get tickets for and 2 I missed when I went to Australia I’ve missed less than 10 league games in 13 seasons…. Clearly not an Uber fan but not exactly selective [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I undertook a highly scientific assessment of the crowd at the game last night. I decided there were 17,296 in attendance.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone else notice how the SW corner was packed, blocks S1F & S1G. By coincidence, these were the away seats returned by Brentford (or not taken) and sold at full price by the club. Surely this showed there were fans who wanted to attend but couldn't get tickets together in the East or West.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Instead of being at the ground I watched the game in a pub (bad fan). There was a Palace supporter there who spent ten minutes moaning about how empty the ground looked, after which the banter got a bit more positive. He wouldn’t listen to any of the arguments as to why there were so few there, so I asked him for his view. I was expecting a tirade about how their fans are more loyal and would never miss a game, but he was full of “Well, Brighton fans are really Chelsea fans with a second team”. I’ve never met such a fan but it does seem to be a trope. Anyone out there admit to being a big-six supporter in disguise, or know of one?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whatever it was it was certainly louder than when it's full, which I can't quite figure out but thems the facts.

Well largely because l think, as others have intimated, that we were down to our hardcore support last night, certainly in the library that the West Lower often is, where l had a row to myself in the first half, half a dozen rowdy North Stand types moved in, and immediately upped the atmosphere, chanting, singing, and generally encouraging the players.

It felt great! best atmosphers of the season l'd say, despite the ground probably being little more than half full. It's not the numbers of fans that make for a good atmosphere, more the type of fan.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s their first season for 74 years, I’m not surprised they can find 3k fans to attend every away game regardless of KO time, distance and date - and fair play to them. Away travel on supporters coaches isn’t too bad when it’s 3k.

As for hardcore support, I don’t think last night was any indication of who supports the club more or less, just who perhaps doesn’t have the same commitments, travel issues, health concerns as others I would think.

Well let's face it, were us Albion fans any different in our first season back in the top flight in 2017/18? we were an excited wide eyed bunch back then, all agog to have reached the bright lights of the Premier League, and travelled in numbers to virtually every away game.

Bless!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Watching MotD it is clear that most grounds had a very reduced attendance, even those that were during the day and/or with easy public transport. Huge numbers of empty seats, so nothing exceptional about the Amex.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Instead of being at the ground I watched the game in a pub (bad fan). There was a Palace supporter there who spent ten minutes moaning about how empty the ground looked, after which the banter got a bit more positive. He wouldn’t listen to any of the arguments as to why there were so few there, so I asked him for his view. I was expecting a tirade about how their fans are more loyal and would never miss a game, but he was full of “Well, Brighton fans are really Chelsea fans with a second team”. I’ve never met such a fan but it does seem to be a trope. Anyone out there admit to being a big-six supporter in disguise, or know of one?

They always lazily repeat that nonsense. It works both ways, I know a Liverpool fan who is a Scouser (he's a steward at Anfield) and has come along to Brighton games with me and others and now has Brighton as a second club. Palace were getting gates of 14,000 in their promotion season. Where did the extra 10,000 fans come from? There are also 'fans' of palace online who have a 'first' club. I once pointed this out to one of the muppets on here who said pretty much what the palace bloke was saying to you in the pub and found examples online of palace as a 'second' team.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I asked Toyah Wilcox about the attendance last night and she said It's a Mystery.

Big up to the staff though at the Amex, who were great before and after the match, especially directing people to park and ride etc.

Less of a big up to the bellend who tried to drive through me and some others in his Mercedes at the pedestrian crossing leaving the ground as we were on it. I'm sure though that he's a very important person will a very small penis.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I asked Toyah Wilcox about the attendance last night and she said It's a Mystery.

Big up to the staff though at the Amex, who were great before and after the match, especially directing people to park and ride etc.

Less of a big up to the bellend who tried to drive through me and some others in his Mercedes at the pedestrian crossing leaving the ground as we were on it. I'm sure though that he's a very important person will a very small penis.

Did she have you round for Sunday Supper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here