Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was really really good cheers. I've posted about it on a couple of other threads. Oh, and sent an email to Seagull Travel telling them so. And posted a very positive Google review also. So, yeah, you could say it was good :smile:

Get off the fence Tom.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I asked Toyah Wilcox about the attendance last night and she said It's a Mystery.

Big up to the staff though at the Amex, who were great before and after the match, especially directing people to park and ride etc.

Less of a big up to the bellend who tried to drive through me and some others in his Mercedes at the pedestrian crossing leaving the ground as we were on it. I'm sure though that he's a very important person will a very small penis.

Most Mercedes drivers are, aren't they???

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Not really. 1700, wasn’t it? It’s a fairly easy away trip from London!

It really isn't an easy away trip from London or anywhere else for that matter is it with the "no trains situation"? Otherwise there would have been a load more home fans in attendance.:shrug:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yep, great 3 points! Brentford seemed to have a reduced allocation compared to all the other away fans this season - much wider gap of seats than normally between them and the Albion fans in the South Stand - at a guess around 1,000 fewer than Leeds. Definitely made a lot of noise though - shows the benefit of a load of singing fans all compressed in one space together!

Maybe at the start of the game and during a brief period in the second half when they rallied a little, other than that the few silenced the many.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
When Palace finish their super new main stand, which surely can't be very long now, they'll be able to put is to shame with their 40,000m crowds every week.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Maybe some fans also gave up when they got near the ground as the car parks at the University were all full.

Big queues around kick off on the University ring road, were the places over sold?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Problems with 1 of the park and rides, they were dropping off on A27, at the station, then police turned up waving them on. They were told not to stop there.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Screenshot_20211227-122038_Chrome.jpg

???

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Maybe some fans also gave up when they got near the ground as the car parks at the University were all full.

Big queues around kick off on the University ring road, were the places over sold?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The uni car park wasn’t full. We were in the multi storey and there were at least 2 floors above (maybe more) unused that could have taken more cars.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They always lazily repeat that nonsense. It works both ways, I know a Liverpool fan who is a Scouser (he's a steward at Anfield) and has come along to Brighton games with me and others and now has Brighton as a second club. Palace were getting gates of 14,000 in their promotion season. Where did the extra 10,000 fans come from? There are also 'fans' of palace online who have a 'first' club. I once pointed this out to one of the muppets on here who said pretty much what the palace bloke was saying to you in the pub and found examples online of palace as a 'second' team.

Palace are my second team :shrug:

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Didn't hear them announce it in the stadium last night. I'd hazard a guess of 15,000. (That's based on going to that Palace cup match a few years ago where there only 12,000 Brighton fans. There were more people there than that last night.)

It was 12k

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Anyone else notice how the SW corner was packed, blocks S1F & S1G. By coincidence, these were the away seats returned by Brentford (or not taken) and sold at full price by the club. Surely this showed there were fans who wanted to attend but couldn't get tickets together in the East or West.

Yes - I did. And these were exactly my thoughts.

Swathes of empty presold seats to season ticket holders but the general sale seats were pretty full. It was no more than half full where I sit.

Combination of factors but all points to the club maxing out on potential revenue and fans not being able to get better seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I asked Toyah Wilcox about the attendance last night and she said It's a Mystery.

Big up to the staff though at the Amex, who were great before and after the match, especially directing people to park and ride etc.

Less of a big up to the bellend who tried to drive through me and some others in his Mercedes at the pedestrian crossing leaving the ground as we were on it. I'm sure though that he's a very important person will a very small penis.

I wonder if Matthew Benham drives a Merc? :wink:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Oops!

Better take my Boxster to the next game [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
spurs announced theirs as actual fans ( sorry customers ) that turned up 40,539

we won't want to do the same as will concerned it is seen as admission that previously insisting tickets sold measure is only way might be wrong approach

no doubt in will appear in next home programme as say 30,796

But Paul Barber has said we only do it that way as the PL or FA or some other godlike authority says we have to, doesn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here