Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere in the West Stand

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
No. If I go to a match by myself, I'll sit in the North Stand and make some noise. But what exactly is wrong if you don't want that? It's a 22,000 seater stadium, there's plenty of room for people who want to make noise and people who don't to sit happily. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But no, there are people who like to make everything into a competition. People who want to prove they sit in the best stand and that they're a better fan than anyone else and I think it's pathetic. I mean, members of the 1901 Club give a bunch more money than someone who's bought a season ticket in the cheapest stand. Does that make them better fans? They're putting more into the club.

I mean, I've never actually sat in the West Stand, only the North Stand, I just think this inter-club bitchiness is pathetic.

All im saying is the atmosphere was shit in the west. and you said you havnt even been there so why are you even posting in this thread? Go and have you high horse somewhere else

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Swapped wsu for north and was not impressed with view or atmosphere . Wsu much louder and more singing

i didnt go to game today,wsu usually,my son wanted to try north stand age 15,he said itwas crap,and the view shocking

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
North Stand amazing today? If that was amazing then you can keep it.

Thought I would swap my WSU seat for a spot not far from the NSK today. Mate of mine said that I would regret sitting with the 'm***s', my god he was right! Idiots whose every other word was f**k or c**t, parents who allowed their kids to stand on the seats all game long, and some of the most disjointed singing ever. I can swear like a trooper, but at least I can interspace these with other words.

I respect those who want a more lively atmosphere at the footy, but piss up and brewery spring to mind.

West Stand was very quiet today, but that is not surprising really. I liked being closer to the pitch today so this has confirmed my plan to move to WSL next season, but still up near the away end to enjoy a little banter, rather than the banal diatribe from the North Stand.

So overall each to his own, but the North Stand was not amazing today.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

North stand was rubbish today because there were very few regulars in there. Those who you describe may have been close to us, and they are not normallly there

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sat in the North stand instead of WSU. Pretty disappointing atmosphere. What atmosphere there was, was spolied by 1 drunk/stoned/mentally slow (delete where appropriate) bloke near the back of the North stand singing the same song over and over on his own for half an hour.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
How can people be moaning about the West stand when the North weren't participially loud? It was a game against a conference team and we were not thrashing them so you can't expect it to be too loud.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sat in the North stand instead of WSU. Pretty disappointing atmosphere. What atmosphere there was, was spolied by 1 drunk/stoned/mentally slow (delete where appropriate) bloke near the back of the North stand singing the same song over and over on his own for half an hour.

I would rather sit in silence than listen this man scream for half an hour. At least if it's quiet then it gives other fans a chance to get a chant or two going, but if this douche if screaming "Gus Poyet's blue white army" for 20 minutes it kills any atmosphere.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Gimp? Hahaha. Another WSU venting his own frustrations about the poor atmosphere on thoses that call it into question.

f***ing tard

hold on wait, you're calling someone else a JCL when you yourself are one.

you talk like you are 15.

wouldn't surprise me if you were pestering the locals on the southampton away trip, because let me tell you, if that was you, you're a disgrace to football fans everywhere.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A lot of newies around me and believe some very challenged ones to boot

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I would rather sit in silence than listen this man scream for half an hour. At least if it's quiet then it gives other fans a chance to get a chant or two going, but if this douche if screaming "Gus Poyet's blue white army" for 20 minutes it kills any atmosphere.
Yep this bloke is a f***ing retard, I believe he's on here and goes by the name "The Judge".
He has been in the east recently and I saw him away at Brum, utter spastic.
Im at the back of the North stand and am well up for singing and getting the noise going but the blokes a dick !

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

N1B by any chance

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
N1B by any chance

Just about in C I think. I was just behind the goal and to the left.

Shame really, as I was hoping for a half decent atmosphere in the North. Perhaps next time...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Read the post dick. I sat there TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE.

And now i know its shit. Atmosphere is what makes the game. If you want to watch it and talk shit to your dad, watch the f***ing highlights instead.
:flounce:

Own Goals Galore

Sep 28, 2011
We swapped the East for WSU today. The atmos was not what I was not as good as I was expecting, but I think that was the same around the whole ground witch the exception of the away end. Lots of people trying the place for the first time and people trying different seats.... Like the "Gus Poyet's blue and white army" fella.... normally sits along from us in the East and does not stop with that song. Makes me laugh every time.

Maybe it was the crowd today or the fact we have all got used to our seats and the crowd around us. I know I am happy going back to my normal seat next sat. I might even join in with the crazy mans song

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Gimp? Hahaha. Another WSU venting his own frustrations about the poor atmosphere on thoses that call it into question.

f***ing tard

Nope, west stand lower, northern corner (very front) calling out a welp that slates his own teams supporters more than a f***ing palarse fan

"f***ing tard" you're obviously a boy now give it rest lad you're full of hot air & everyone can see you for what you are

Last edited:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I was in my usual seat in WSL south end and it was very quiet today: alot of empty seats around me and of the seats that were full very few faces I recognised, I know from some of the chat there were quite a few people there who were new to the stadium. However any singing that might have been done was definetly not going to happen after the 3 idiots behind me (young lads who apparently are normally north stand apparently) spent the first 40 mins moaning about people not standing up and singing, now it might not have mattered except they were being really aggressive about it. That intimidated my sister and I who are normally people who join in with any singing going on and when the idiots left the stand at half time I heard several people saying the same thing. We were all hoping they wouldn't return for the second half but unfortunatly they appeared after 50mins. There was also a constant stream of very unneeded insults/gestures being hurled at Wrexham fans: for their information Wrexham is no where near Bristol, Liverpool would at least have been accurate. When they weren't behaving like that they were planning their night out and not even watching the game. At the end they were moaning about people leaving early and normally I would agree with them but this coming from 3 people who were 5 mins late back from half time!
This is truely the nastiest football experience I have ever had and the only time when I have felt truely intimidated to the point I even considered leaving early.
It was such a shame as I would normally have enjoyed watching the youngsters and seeing how they are developing.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Yep this bloke is a f***ing retard, I believe he's on here and goes by the name "The Judge".
He has been in the east recently and I saw him away at Brum, utter spastic.
Im at the back of the North stand and am well up for singing and getting the noise going but the blokes a dick !

so in stead of abusing him on here,why didnt you show yourself to him,instead you give it the large on here.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
How can people be moaning about the West stand when the North weren't participially loud? It was a game against a conference team and we were not thrashing them so you can't expect it to be too loud.

Exactly mate, think a lot of league regulars didn't go either (myself included)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I was in my usual seat in WSL south end and it was very quiet today: alot of empty seats around me and of the seats that were full very few faces I recognised, I know from some of the chat there were quite a few people there who were new to the stadium. However any singing that might have been done was definetly not going to happen after the 3 idiots behind me (young lads who apparently are normally north stand apparently) spent the first 40 mins moaning about people not standing up and singing, now it might not have mattered except they were being really aggressive about it. That intimidated my sister and I who are normally people who join in with any singing going on and when the idiots left the stand at half time I heard several people saying the same thing. We were all hoping they wouldn't return for the second half but unfortunatly they appeared after 50mins. There was also a constant stream of very unneeded insults/gestures being hurled at Wrexham fans: for their information Wrexham is no where near Bristol, Liverpool would at least have been accurate. When they weren't behaving like that they were planning their night out and not even watching the game. At the end they were moaning about people leaving early and normally I would agree with them but this coming from 3 people who were 5 mins late back from half time!
This is truely the nastiest football experience I have ever had and the only time when I have felt truely intimidated to the point I even considered leaving early.
It was such a shame as I would normally have enjoyed watching the youngsters and seeing how they are developing.

Play em at their own game mate, call these little fuckers out & watch em melt away in front of you.... Little footy factory wannabes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here