Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere in the West Stand

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I haven't read through all 6 pages, so someone's probably already said this:

I'm in WSU every game and today was absolutely dead. I recognised about 25% of the people around me, and the other 75% had clearly never been to the Amex before (or not watched a game in the Poyet era) as they were just getting impatient and telling the players to hoof it. I wasn't exactly impressed.

In League games or big Cup games, the atmosphere up there is normally great! I might move down to the North stand if we have another home cup game this season though, haven't been in there yet...

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Agree 100%. I did the same thing today. Sterile atmosphere, never ever again. Back in the North for Brizzle

Yeah mate it was a game against Wrexham..... Apparently the north stand was dead too... Try a league game if you want to compare ..... Jesus !!!

Paddington Bear

Aug 3, 2011
Sat in the west stand for todays game to see what it was like and its a f***ing joke. I was asking the stewards if i could move back to the north at half time. No noise, no standing, no swearing - pathetic.

Just sit down, shut up and eat your prawn sandwiches.

Never going in there again.

Sounds like you still live at home with Mummy & Daddy and want to vent some frustration.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Read the post dick. I sat there TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE.

And now i know its shit. Atmosphere is what makes the game. If you want to watch it and talk shit to your dad, watch the f***ing highlights instead.

As a WSU regular I'd just like to say that you got a totally abnormal impression if today is the only time you've sat there. Give it another go on a league day when the regulars are there and reserve your judgement until then. It's normally MUCH MUCH noisier than today, though the singing is never as constant as in the North. Today was completely dead as most of the ST holders were missing.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think so many tried different stands, or were total newcomers, the atmosphere certainly suffered. WSU seemed poor today but we'll all be back in situ for Saturday.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Although he has worded it like a tit, i have to agree with "chinman3000" as i tried the west stand for the first time today instead of my beloved north seat and the atmosphere was pretty dire.everytime someone tried to start songs they were looked at as if they had two heads and no one joined in!but i do understand that it was not the usual WSU. But tried it loved the view just probably wont again because im so used to the north and i prefer to stand at a football match. Also i know the new ESU is due to be complete in the summer but it is an eyesore from up there, u dnt notice it from the north!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If I go with mates or shock horror on my own, will stick to North

But EVERY time I take my dad, will we WSU as he much prefered it and could chat about the game and footie in general in a different very pleasant atmosphere. One not better overall than the other, just better for diff things.

Agree though it probably not a truely fair reflection of a 'standard league game'

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I sat in the north today for the first time. Never again. Maybe I was just unlucky but I had 2 absolute goons behind me who sang on their own, out of tune for 90mins and with the f or c word pretty non stop. On the other side a couple who had just thought up the term 'sheepshaggers' for Welshmen. How we laughed and this the day I take someone for their first ever visit to the Albion.
Longest afternoon supporting the Albion for years.
Thank god I`m back in my proper seat in the WSU from now on.
I`ll never venture into the north again.

You were just unlucky. Those people around you aren't regulars. You were only about 10 seats away from us and our regular crowd are great.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sounds like the West Stand was subdued today because it was full of the fans who would normally sit in the North and East stands as they were trying out a new stand so no wonder it was fairly quiet, as well as it being against a non league side with a lot of the regular WSU ST holders elsewhere go so its hardly a suprise. I wonder whether the OP was singing today or just there to judge everyone elses efforts?

I wonder how many of the normal WS fans sat in the North today and were making a noise in that stand rather than from their usual seats?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here