Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interesting listening to Harmison on the radio earlier…..
-prep completely ruined by the weather, leading to players not being fully acclimatised or ready
-earlier rain delay extended the morning session, which meant the bowlers were tired (see above) and the Aussies attacked Leach. ……so 2 an over to that point became 7 an over, momentum lost
-Aussies took every catch, we didn’t
-England bowlers drew far more false shots in the first session than the Aussies, but we lost far more wickets (small margins)

Anyway, huge innings defeat incoming I fear. 400-450 on the board then we’ll be lucky to take the game into day 4. Hope I’m wrong.
You won't be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am working, so I've got the cricket up on my computer. I can't bear to put the volume on, of course. I'll just dip in and out of it to survey the damage as it unfolds. Three day defeat nailed on, and that's after Australia declare before lunch.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Seeing Cook talking about his 235* 10 years ago, I was there and then flew to Adelaide for the next one. The England team were on the same flight and I had a chat with several, including Alastair Cook in the queue for the toilet. He just said that was the first time he felt he’d played a major important innings for England but was so modest with me the day afterwards.

But more than that I was there in Perth in 2006 during the Flintoff 5-0 series when Cook got his first test century and he won’t ever know this but there’s another story there. The day before, Rudy Koetzen gave a shocking LBW to give Strauss out in the final session when the ball was going about a foot over the stumps, before DRS. That season I was actually a member at the WACA and at the end of play I found myself outside the umpires room in the pavilion with Koetzen in there. I stared at him in my England shirt, shook my head a couple of times and indicated to him how far over the stumps it was going - he did a shrug back at me, I shook my head again, but he got the message. The next day Koetzen gave absolutely nothing to their bowlers, he rejected every decision gave no LBWs, no catches despite the usual Aussie appealing and Cook went on the get his maiden test hundred. I like to think I helped in a small way at least!

I was also in Melbourne when he scored his double hundred in 2017!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am working, so I've got the cricket up on my computer. I can't bear to put the volume on, of course. I'll just dip in and out of it to survey the damage as it unfolds. Three day defeat nailed on, and that's after Australia declare before lunch.

It’s just inevitable isn’t it ?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It’s just inevitable isn’t it ?

I was also at the Headingley test in the last Ashes, watched us get skittled on day 1, very tempting to give up and do something else but hung in there to see Stokes win the game for us. I doubt that is going to happen in this test though!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Really need a wicket soon.

Jul 20, 2003
Can't be arsed to check on my bets

Pretty sure I didn't have anything on Travis Head to score more that 20.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here