Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We haven't even bowled yet, not sure why Aggers and others are so hung up on the omission of Broad and Anderson, it's the batting that collapsed.

Now we can get hung up on the omission of Broad in particular!!

When this England team gets backed into a corner, it starts whimpering ‘please not the face’, rather than coming out swinging.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For the worst county in England it's odd that today the best batsmen and best bowler are both Sussex players

Jul 20, 2003
In summary:

A player who had an average of 13.4 in the county championship before his final knock of 49* earlier in the year.

Just scored the 3rd fastest century in Ashes history

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
At what point is someone in authority going to realise that Silverwood is utterly useless.

That top 3 wouldn’t scare a village team 3rd XI. I simply do not believe that of all the cricketing talent we have, those are the best 11 test cricketers in the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
At what point is someone in authority going to realise that Silverwood is utterly useless.

That top 3 wouldn’t scare a village team 3rd XI. I simply do not believe that of all the cricketing talent we have, those are the best 11 test cricketers in the country.

Silverwood is a disgrace, all the planning for the last year was solely focused on this series, we threw series in India and had our worst home summer for over 30 years but all because we were using them as prep for this series....and this series looks like it's all over in 3 days. Pathetic, if he had any moral fibre he'll resign tomorrow after we've lost by an innings.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

They have tried every other opener in the country and they were equally useless.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
They have tried every other opener in the country and they were equally useless.

I get your point.

Nonetheless, I reckon there are plenty of hungry young county players who reckon they could make a better fist of it. Let’s face it, could the likes of Phil Salt be any worse? I’m using him as an example but you you have risk it to find the next Trescothick.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I woke up from a dream that we had bowled them out for 75 and were 150 for 2.

Then i saw the scorecard and read the report.

It seems that, once again, we have not supported our bowlers and have dropped catches and missed run outs.

Australia didn't and along with our pathetic batting performance is why we will lose this by an innings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Things that were more predictable than Travis Head basically scoring more runs in his first innings than he managed all summer for Sussex:

1) Jack Leach would be absolutely shit. I don't know why England bother playing spinners, ours are nearly always absolute gash.
2) Rory Burns would cement his position as useless opener by following up his first ball duck with dropping an absolute dolly

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All the seamers bowled very well but you cant defend a total of 149 and your spinner goes for nearly 9 an over. Doesn't help easy dropped catch, missed run out and Stokes bowling Warner off a no ball

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Now we can get hung up on the omission of Broad in particular!!

When this England team gets backed into a corner, it starts whimpering ‘please not the face’, rather than coming out swinging.

You can’t say that about the seam attack today. They battled very hard. Typical Robinson.
It’s a fair call on our batters though :(
Broad obviously should have played but I don’t think that would change the result.
We have an Inferior team and for whatever reason they’re not prepared at all

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Things that were more predictable than Travis Head basically scoring more runs in his first innings than he managed all summer for Sussex:

1) Jack Leach would be absolutely shit. I don't know why England bother playing spinners, ours are nearly always absolute gash.
2) Rory Burns would cement his position as useless opener by following up his first ball duck with dropping an absolute dolly

Jack Leach's test figures are as good as if not better much of a pace attack. I think the issue is not playing him and spinners regularly and destroying what confidence he and other spinners get

Jul 20, 2003
England managed to get a draw from this sort of position at Brisbane a few years back.

Mind you that was with Cook, Strauss and Trott as the top 3. ... I think I've spotted a problem.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't know if it gets said often enough but I really, really hate the Australian cricket team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here