Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm trying to temper my optimism with the reality that it is actually far more likely that we will lose a wicket before the new ball is taken, then be bowled out before tea and end up leaving Australia a token target of about 60 which they'll take the extra half hour to knock off at the end of day four.

I refuse to do an all nighter purely because two batsmen are showing some guts when it's been sorely missing for the rest of the match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm trying to temper my optimism with the reality that it is actually far more likely that we will lose a wicket before the new ball is taken, then be bowled out before tea and end up leaving Australia a token target of about 60 which they'll take the extra half hour to knock off at the end of day four.

I refuse to do an all nighter purely because two batsmen are showing some guts when it's been sorely missing for the rest of the match.

Deep down you’re clearly an optimist still though, because lose an early wicket I’m thinking this is over by lunch!! :lolol:

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
It'll be like starting their innings again tomorrow morning but hopefully at least one of them will stick around plus a couple of supporting 50+ efforts and we could set them a challenging target. Interesting - didn't think I'd be saying that after Day 1.

Actually, having thought about it some more.... it's going to take quite some batting performance to add another 250+ and set a target of 200+. Would need one daddy hundred plus a couple of big fifties/another hundred. Unlikely.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It still feels massively odds on we lose but it will hurt more than it would have done if we had lost over night. Weirdly it is easier to take when you get hammered than fight back and still lose!

Brilliant from root and Malan. Wouldn’t it be remarkable if we could bat the day and then leach won us the match. I would be eating my hat!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't know much about cricket but it's a pretty astonishing coincidence that there are two Aussies called Travis Head, one who is awful playing for Sussex and the other who scores a 100 in the Ashes :)

Typical of Sussex to get the wrong one.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I think it’s a lot more than just guts we failed on.

I'm probably being dim, but here goes.

The days are long gone where I stay up all night to watch cricket so I watch the Ashes highlights on BT Sport at 0845 each morning. Their schedule shows this is 90 minutes, 0845 - 1015 but for the last two days it only ran for 30 minutes.

Am I being dim?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1469268427151794176[/tweet]

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
At least we showed some spirit and fight out there yesterday. Bowling was desperately lacking and some shocking fielding too which got us into this position. Very poor again from Burns, but there are so few options. Zak Crawley isn't the answer either.

Really hinges on those two wickets (Captain obvious)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
1/3 Aussie win. 8/1 for us.

Sunny day tomorrow. Nearly even score with 8 wickets down when new ball comes. We bat through the beautiful sunny forecast day and Australia pray for heavier rain on Day 5’s uneven pitch than the 30% forecast.

Whack your money on and cover the stake with 3/1 on a draw.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I'm probably being dim, but here goes.

The days are long gone where I stay up all night to watch cricket so I watch the Ashes highlights on BT Sport at 0845 each morning. Their schedule shows this is 90 minutes, 0845 - 1015 but for the last two days it only ran for 30 minutes.

Am I being dim?

That IS weird!

I recorded and watched on Wed morning(I thought it was 60 mins) and was because there was only two sessions play.
On Thursday morning I thought it was 1.5 hours.
Admittedly I whizzed through a few sequences but am reasonably sure the timings were as I’ve stated??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
220 for 2 becomes 250 all out.

You heard it here first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here