Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't believe how low Rory's hands are. It's no wonder he doesn't drive drive off the front foot so much. You wouldn't have mid-off too straight.

I think the commentary is good from Fox.

Jul 20, 2003
I know it's dull and repetitive BUT

Sussex's captain for next summer just scored more runs in 24 hrs than he did in 3 months for us. (probably)

Jul 20, 2003
At this point Burns has the same average in this Ashes series as Head had last season in the Country Championship (before his majestic 49*) for Sussex.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why are England so consistently and spectacularly shit when they play in Australia. It seems to me that the games are rarely even close. Does every country get a pasting there or just us?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why are England so consistently and spectacularly shit when they play in Australia. It seems to me that the games are rarely even close. Does every country get a pasting there or just us?

Didn’t India win their series there a year ago?

That was the one Paine was heard sledging and said ‘wait till we get you to the Gabba mate’…which Australia lost for the first time in 30 years or something.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprised and pleased by today's fightback but, have to temper this score by reminding ourselves the last 8 wickets could easily go for 40-50 runs. England are always a wicket or two away from total collapse.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surprised and pleased by today's fightback but, have to temper this score by reminding ourselves the last 8 wickets could easily go for 40-50 runs. England are always a wicket or two away from total collapse.

You’d have to have been completely oblivious to England in test cricket over the last 5 or so years to tune in and need reminding of that possibility! :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I take it all back about Malan - that's a super knock.

We're back in this: set the Aussies 200 on a fifth day pitch and they'll be a bit jumpy, Even Prince Andrew would be sweating about that

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well that's a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning. Didn't bother watching last night at all.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe it was 319* for 2nd wicket Cook and Trott.
Edit: Oops that wasn’t the Third I’m ��.

When they mentioned that stat Adelaide was after that partnership above. Definitely said something about England’s first 150 partnership v Aus since Adelaide 2010…they’ve bowled us a doosra with this one!

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
It'll be like starting their innings again tomorrow morning but hopefully at least one of them will stick around plus a couple of supporting 50+ efforts and we could set them a challenging target. Interesting - didn't think I'd be saying that after Day 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here