Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Can't believe Bamford doesn't even feature in the best 33 fit and available English players.

Clearly one of the season's form players. Joint 4th highest PL scorer this season - 2nd highest English scorer behind Kane.

17 goals, 5 assists. 180 mins per goal.

DCL - 16 goals, 0 assists. 180 mins per goal.
Watkins - 14 goals, 5 assists. 238 mins per goal.
Ings - 12 goals, 4 assists. 182 mins per goal.
Rashford - 11 goals, 9 assists. 266 mins per goal.
Sterling - 10 goals, 7 assists. 254 mins per goal.

He's performed better this season than all of the above.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Here’s another comparison.

Mings or Dunk?
Mings or Webster?
Mings or Ben White?
And… Mings or Dan Burn?

Sincerely, Mings loses every match up for me. Especially Dan Burn.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great news for Ben and a reward for a season that has seen him improve month on month. I suspect his marshalling of Foden at the Amex will have caught the eye and sealed the deal re his selection.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"It's been a really good season for the team and for me personally; I have benefitted so much from playing for Graham Potter and alongside the players at the club in the Premier League.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can't believe Bamford doesn't even feature in the best 33 fit and available English players.

Clearly one of the season's form players. Joint 4th highest PL scorer this season - 2nd highest English scorer behind Kane.

17 goals, 5 assists. 180 mins per goal.

DCL - 16 goals, 0 assists. 180 mins per goal.
Watkins - 14 goals, 5 assists. 238 mins per goal.
Ings - 12 goals, 4 assists. 182 mins per goal.
Rashford - 11 goals, 9 assists. 266 mins per goal.
Sterling - 10 goals, 7 assists. 254 mins per goal.

He's performed better this season than all of the above.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

So you'd pick him above all those you've listed?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He doesn't know - that's the problem.

Southgate is NOT a good manager - he got lucky at the WC (with the group/draw)

I really hope we do well this summer, but I'm not holding my breath.

It was 3 at the back in the last world cup, but has been 4 at the back with two holding midfielders in qualifying.

I'd be surprised if our default formation wasn't 4-2-3-1 in this tournament.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Congratulations Ben White. A wonderful achievement.

I'll echo what others have said. Lewis Dunk is head and shoulders above Ben White at the moment and is very likely still to be international standard by the Qatar world cup and possibly the Euros after that.

Absolutely no justification at all in not selecting Lewis

What maybe in White's favour is his ability playing a defensive midfielder role this season, and the recent injuries to Rice and Henderson. At a tournament having a player like White gives you a bit of versatility to cover certain areas. Taking Henderson is a risk, so perhaps White gives Southgate a few more options than say a Coady, Dunk or Mings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What maybe in White's favour is his ability playing a defensive midfielder role this season, and the recent injuries to Rice and Henderson. At a tournament having a player like White gives you a bit of versatility to cover certain areas.

Southgate has just said exactly that, naming Ben White, in his press conference.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So you'd pick him above all those you've listed?

Purely looking at his form this season and backed up by the stats provided, I'd have picked him in the 33.

He's outperformed the others and deserves a chance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reckon Dunk works best as part of a bonded partnership. Not much chance of forming such a thing at international level. Tends to be more stupid selection than club level. Remember BZ's first Cap? Played him out on the wing, with Defoe as main man in the centre.

Seems to me that national team selection is pretty much AKIN to Fantasy Football selection. As likely to go wrong as it is to go right :shrug:

Indeed. Andrew Johnson had a bit of form a a centre forward, so Sven gave him one cap, playing out on the wing. Ludicrous.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Great news for Ben and a reward for a season that has seen him improve month on month. I suspect his marshalling of Foden at the Amex will have caught the eye and sealed the deal re his selection.

Absolutely, and White also learnt that one moment of indecision causes you massive problems against world class talent. I hope Dunk tells him to put Rashford in row Z if he tries to take the piss in training!!:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here