Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As mentioned, what are these pundits on? Bamford not even in the 33 but White would be an England shoe-in if he'd stayed at Leeds?! Mills is a total ****.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry Vaga, but I guess I'm on an island of one but I don't actually think he IS a terrific defender, in fact third best at BHA currently.

Yes, he does really good things, but every game there is a cock up which has the opposition bearing down on us. Or a tackle that isn't made, or a player he hasn't tracked. Yes, his ability is very good, but to say he is a Rolls Royce defender (ie England quality right now) is wrong in my humble opinion.

But good luck to the lad, be great for him and the club (but he KNOWS Dunk and Webster are better DEFENDERS :) )

Fourth.

Joel Veltman is comfortably in the top two.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm not quite sure how Coady gets in ahead of Tarkowski (or Dunk, for that matter). And Mings must be one of the most over-rated England players of recent years. But great to see Ben's name, even if he's not in the final squad.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not quite sure how Coady gets in ahead of Tarkowski (or Dunk, for that matter). And Mings must be one of the most over-rated England players of recent years. But great to see Ben's name, even if he's not in the final squad.
Or Mee IMHO who is also left footed and a genuine leader.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So; Ben White age 23
Rob Sanchez age 23
Jakob Moder age 22
Leo Trossard age 26
Possibly Swiss Andi at age 21.
Joel Veltman age 29.

That’s some potential. More than half a team there.

Outside of the Euros there’s AliMac, full Argentinian international at 22.
Moises Caicedo, full Ecuadorean international at 19 and Stephen Alzate, full Colombian international at 22.
Let’s not forget Aaron Connolly who is a full Irish International at just 21.

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
As mentioned, what are these pundits on? Bamford not even in the 33 but White would be an England shoe-in if he'd stayed at Leeds?! Mills is a total ****.

i think they said his opportunities would have come earlier if he moved to Leeds. Maybe around the same time that Philips got his his call up?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sorry Vaga, but I guess I'm on an island of one but I don't actually think he IS a terrific defender, in fact third best at BHA currently.

Yes, he does really good things, but every game there is a cock up which has the opposition bearing down on us. Or a tackle that isn't made, or a player he hasn't tracked. Yes, his ability is very good, but to say he is a Rolls Royce defender (ie England quality right now) is wrong in my humble opinion.

But good luck to the lad, be great for him and the club (but he KNOWS Dunk and Webster are better DEFENDERS :) )

Oh, don’t get me wrong, Dunk is certainly our best defender. Not even close! Agree there.

Ben doesn’t make technical errors. But his decision making has been questionable a few times (I always think to his last punt at home to Palace that led to their goal). Surely this is reasonably expected for a young player making the step up to the PL for the first time though. Thinking about it Webster made a lot more mistakes in his first season I’d say.

All that considered I think Ben’s first season in the PL has been a success and largely impressive.

Yoda

English & European
cant argue with that

But you can with their reasoning, they scored and won more.

Couldn't make that shit up. I thought a defenders job was to stop you conceding goals and losing the match? Our defence has been better than Leeds in terms on goals conceded (we've lost the same).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surprised Bamford has been left out, maybe he needs to join a Team like Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's true though. Leeds were the media darling and we're unfashionable which seems to be a key factor in the Palace twats selection criteria.

In fairness to the Palace ****, I can see the decsion, to include players from struggling teams, is problematic.
If we were getting the results are performances deserved, it might be a different situation.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
But you can with their reasoning, they scored and won more.

Couldn't make that shit up. I thought a defenders job was to stop you conceding goals and losing the match? Our defence has been better than Leeds in terms on goals conceded (we've lost the same).

But if you score more and win more you get the attention at a club level and the people start talking about individuals. It's really simple really.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Still baffled by why Southgate thinks he's better than Dunk or Webster....

I think it’s age as well now. Sadly Dunky is no longer a young player.

Someone like Ben White, if goes well could be playing in many more international tournaments. Not saying it’s right or I agree.. but I’m starting to think that must be a consideration.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'd put Mings behind Dunk, Webster, White, Tarkowski, Mee and even Konza
Seriously rate Tarkowski and of course Dunk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here