Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you starting to think sacking Wendy might have been the right thing to do?

Do you think sacking Wendy was the right move by the club

• Total voters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Boothroyd is not Wilkins though

2 seperate people and has been said before maybe we got to 7th despite Wilkins not because of him

I believe quite a few of our better players would have gone if Wilkins stayed

I can categorically state that Hart and Mayo would have gone if Wilkins was still here.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Ah yes, this fresh nugget of information which seems to have been gleaned from a "read between the lines" comment from our esteemed chairman tonight. Hardly a "from the horses mouth" categorical panning of Wilkins is it?

Is Glen Murray the most talented striker we've had at the club since Zamora? In my opinion, no. Leon Knight and a certain Nicky Forster take that accolade. Is he a better and more manageable prospect when you take age into account? Yes.

So, what may have caused this hinted at disharmony? Well, if you trust NSC (which largely, I don't), Murray was Lloyd and Knight's signing not Wilkins. That's something akin to the Schevchenko and Ballack situation at Chelsea and I seem to remember that going down like a ton of shit with Mourhinio and no doubt contributing to his departure. The decision appears to be made well ahead of Murray joining anyway. Wilkins wanted to keep Hammond on higher wages. They were not made available and the club promptly went and spent £300,000 on a player that the manager (in theory) had little to do with. No source of tension there then.

Should one player be bigger and more important at a club than a manager? Absolutely not. I think Murray has bugger all to do with the equation. It's got everything to do with the Adams/Knight/Wilkins love triangle.

So you dismiss one point of view on the fact that it's based on hearsay, and then make your own point based on hearsay. How does that work?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Ah yes, this fresh nugget of information which seems to have been gleaned from a "read between the lines" comment from our esteemed chairman tonight. Hardly a "from the horses mouth" categorical panning of Wilkins is it?

Is Glen Murray the most talented striker we've had at the club since Zamora? In my opinion, no. Leon Knight and a certain Nicky Forster take that accolade. Is he a better and more manageable prospect when you take age into account? Yes.

So, what may have caused this hinted at disharmony? Well, if you trust NSC (which largely, I don't), Murray was Lloyd and Knight's signing not Wilkins. That's something akin to the Schevchenko and Ballack situation at Chelsea and I seem to remember that going down like a ton of shit with Mourhinio and no doubt contributing to his departure. The decision appears to be made well ahead of Murray joining anyway. Wilkins wanted to keep Hammond on higher wages. They were not made available and the club promptly went and spent £300,000 on a player that the manager (in theory) had little to do with. No source of tension there then.

Should one player be bigger and more important at a club than a manager? Absolutely not. I think Murray has bugger all to do with the equation. It's got everything to do with the Adams/Knight/Wilkins love triangle.

You still didn't answer my question, and my source regarding Murray is about as reliable it can get.

1066gull

I think it wouldn't have done us any harm if we stayed with Wilkins, because I had faith he would get us promoted but nevertheless I was excited when Adams signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here