Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you starting to think sacking Wendy might have been the right thing to do?

Do you think sacking Wendy was the right move by the club

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You first statement is Bolloxs as you can not compare the two they are very different managers Adams is a man motivator and one of the best may i add and Wilkins was an up and coming Manager (Coach style).
If people have the balls to give Wilkins another Managers job i have no doubt he will prove DK he f*cked up.

Ian Chapman is a great Albion man who stuck by his beliefs on how Wilkins was stabbed in the back and was man enough to stick his fingers up to knight top geezer i agree.

I hope you never get sacked when you are overachieving and working in a job you have wanted all you life.

He did not over achieve though did he.

League games 86

Won 31
Drew22
Lost 33

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Not to the extent Wilkins did and I think that probably got up Knight's nose.

Why would it get up Dick Knight' nose?

Surely as long as the team were doing well it should be up to Wilkins what he does.

That said, this argument could rage all night.

I think, as I said before, once the questions are asked and answered tonight we should all draw a line up this ready for the new season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope the doubters and people like Richie Morris come around as we need all the supporters we can get. Come on united front, we beat off those LDC and Lewes bastards don't let this divide us.

BHAFC the greatest club in the World, onwards and upwards.

D

Deleted member 2719

He did not over achieve though did he.

League games 86

Won 31
Drew22
Lost 33

The bookies had us to finish 19th last season so i would suggest that we massively over achieved i thought you are a betting man.

Wilkins was building his own squad like Mickey had to first time around?

Given another season i would have expect that win total to be much higher and us back in the championship.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We were not fancied as the season with Wilkins before was woeful finishing 18th. thank God he over chieved from that low base or we would have been playing in Division 4.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were not fancied as the season with Wilkins before was woeful finishing 18th. thank God he over chieved from that low base or we would have been playing in Division 4.

Given that allegedly the players had problems with him and the board had problems with him can I suggest, that under the circumstances, he did fecking amazing job last season to get us to 7th and flirting with the playoffs for a month?

I get the impression from this thread that 50%+ wanted him out and I just don't believe that, some people are telling Porkies :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Given that allegedly the players had problems with him and the board had problems with him can I suggest he did fecking amazing job last season to get us to 7th and flirting with the playoffs for a month?

If you must.

D

Deleted member 2719

He was still trying to get some sort of squad together after your mate McGhee left us up the creek.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was still trying to get some sort of squad together after your mate McGhee left us up the creek.

I am tempted to get into two arguments about two managers on the same thread.....:D

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
1st class coach but just hasn't got it to be a manager....there hasn't exactly been a mass stampede to take him on has there ???

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It is almost amusing that some of you are saying Wilkins shouldn't have been fired because he got us to 7th. Believe it or not, there is much more to being a good manager than the short term results.

I never doubted that the sacking was right - simply because DK decided it was right. It might surprise some of you to know that, yes, Dick was aware we finished 7th. Thing is, he saw EVERYTHING that was happening at the club, a luxury none of us had. It is about time some of you showed a little more faith in DK. He has earned it, in my book.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It is almost amusing that some of you are saying Wilkins shouldn't have been fired because he got us to 7th. Believe it or not, there is much more to being a good manager than the short term results.

I never doubted that the sacking was right - simply because DK decided it was right. It might surprise some of you to know that, yes, Dick was aware we finished 7th. Thing is, he saw EVERYTHING that was happening at the club, a luxury none of us had. It is about time some of you showed a little more faith in DK. He has earned it, in my book.

Is 46 games short term?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am just looking forward to looking at our dugout this season and seeing a manager in the techincal area directing the team rather than two people with clipboards struggling to get a reception on mobiles in order to make key changes to the team.

I respect what Wilkins achieved and wish him all the best in the future but can't shake the feeling we have the look and feel of a much more professional setup this season

Time will tell though

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I get the impression from this thread that 50%+ wanted him out and I just don't believe that, some people are telling Porkies :lol:

Why would people lie? You have to face the fact that Wilkins had not won the majority of fans over, 7th place or not. This poll backs that up rather.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here