Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you starting to think sacking Wendy might have been the right thing to do?

Do you think sacking Wendy was the right move by the club

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why the change of heart Icy ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Argus special last year had Wilkins doing his bit saying his target was to win the league. I said at the time what drugs was he taking. It was a ridiculous and niave thing to say. Adams has been far more savvy giving nothing away. Adams is just far more astute and worldly wise with more nous and players are more likely to join a team with Adams than Wilkins in charge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why the change of heart Icy ?.

I've been impressed with Adams so far this time around is the short answer. He talks like a football manager who knows what he's doing, he's upbeat and we've signed players that I think are exactly what this young team needed.

I also believe there is no smoke without fire on the player unrest rumours that have been going around this summer.

He just better not f*** off at the 1st opportunity if we have a bit of success :angry::glare:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think there is a distinction that needs to be made here. Very few Brighton fans thought that Dean Wilkins should have been sacked at the end of the season. That's fact as demonstrated by that old poll I dug out the other night that showed that after the Port Vale game 85% of NSC wanted Wilkins "in". Therefore, how come 50% thought his sacking was correct at the time? The reason is that Adams was the replacement. I think the sacking of Wilkins without Adams would have been very poorly received.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What exactly would be wrong with that?

He didn't say we would WIN the League.

The target should be to win everything you enter.

Anyone with any savvy would not have said it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on even Big al who was a staunch Wilkins supporter has seen there were bigger issues we are not privy to and fair play to him for that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Adams has far more personality and I am sure he will not put up with some of the shambloic perormances we saw under Wilkins for 2 years and I am pretty sure he will not be skulking in the stands during the first half.

D

Deleted member 2719

The bottom line is Adams is a far better manager than Wilkins will ever be. Clubs haven't been exactly knocing each over to Wilkins door offering him a managers job have they. Wilkins has an important role to play as reserve manager as i wonder if he will live to regret turning it down. The person I feel more sorry for is Ian Chapman who is a man of honour and turning down a fantastic opportunity working alongside Adams must have been very tough.

You first statement is Bolloxs as you can not compare the two they are very different managers Adams is a man motivator and one of the best may i add and Wilkins was an up and coming Manager (Coach style).
If people have the balls to give Wilkins another Managers job i have no doubt he will prove DK he f*cked up.

Ian Chapman is a great Albion man who stuck by his beliefs on how Wilkins was stabbed in the back and was man enough to stick his fingers up to knight top geezer i agree.

I hope you never get sacked when you are overachieving and working in a job you have wanted all you life.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not to the extent Wilkins did and I think that probably got up Knight's nose.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think they both are/were capable of getting us promoted this season so in a lot of respects it has'nt made much difference to me, I just did'nt like the way things were done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here