Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Homophobic?

Do you consider yourself to be homophobic?

• Total voters

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
What a loaded question!

Does it make me homophobic if I'm not offended by people singing "Does your boyfriend know your here" etc?

Exactly, and as a openly gay Albion fan neither am I. These complaints are Brighton's Jason Donovan moment. One can't help thinking the complaints are more about the assault on the fans masculinity...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Exactly, and as a openly gay Albion fan neither am I. These complaints are Brighton's Jason Donovan moment. One can't help thinking the complaints are more about the assault on the fans masculinity...

Not sure if I agree with that to be honest. I think most people really don't care about said chants and the people who are offended by them are probably your run of the mill "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" types and have nothing better to do than complain about something.

Either that or they are trying to get one back up on the buffoon who complained about the whole Bellamy nothingness.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Now that makes sense to me. I do think that some people are offended at opposing fans singing those songs, not on behalf of gay people, but as a slur on their own sexuality. But whatever the reason, I can't see it being stopped any time soon. Although it is extremely boring to hear these chants every bloody game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you really expect people to admit to it (ignoring those who do it as a joke)? No, I don't believe I am But if I was, I'm not likely to brag about it, am I.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now that makes sense to me. I do think that some people are offended at opposing fans singing those songs, not on behalf of gay people, but as a slur on their own sexuality. But whatever the reason, I can't see it being stopped any time soon. Although it is extremely boring to hear these chants every bloody game.

I disagree, personally I'm not offended by the chants, they are tedious and meaningless. But I do object to homosexuality being used a term of abuse on a point of principle. Whether I or others are offended is not the point, it is that homophobia seems to be regarded as a lesser prejudice than others. If it's wrong it's wrong.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Not at all. Further more, I can understand why some might not see any appeal behind it, but to think it's unnatural or they should have alternative rights is dreadful.

If it's the old fashioned 'does your boyfriend know your here' or 'we can see you holding hands', that doesn't really bother me, nor does it bother many from the LGBT community as far as I can tell. As it's sung en masse, it pretty much looses and offence it could carry. However, just one or a small number of fans shouting homophobic abuse is the real problem, which I would personally take offence to.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Nope - in this crazy mixed up World how can anyone really judge anyone on choices made?

('cept Palace fans obviously - we REALLY need to sort that problem out before it starts spreading :p)

Problem? Third in the Championship and in the last eight of the League Cup is a problem?

I think the "Saint Fash" movement is yours...thank God he never played for us at all.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Can anyone tell me, why if I repeatedly attacked by dogs, or perhaps run over by cars, or shat on by birds, I would not be labelled as dog-ophobic, car-ophobic or bird-ophobic and condemned by society, but when I lose jobs, ansd potential girlfriends because all women tolerate male homosexuality because it doesn't threaten them whereas men often consider lesbians a threat, and I get sidelined from society merely because I believe the homosexual act among men is an offence against God..

And I'm not even Islamic or fundamental Christian..just trying to understand why behaviour which has always been a hallmark of a society lapsing into decadence has now become a job qualification rather than a suitable case for treatment...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can anyone tell me, why if I repeatedly attacked by dogs, or perhaps run over by cars, or shat on by birds, I would not be labelled as dog-ophobic, car-ophobic or bird-ophobic and condemned by society, but when I lose jobs, ansd potential girlfriends because all women tolerate male homosexuality because it doesn't threaten them whereas men often consider lesbians a threat, and I get sidelined from society merely because I believe the homosexual act among men is an offence against God..

And I'm not even Islamic or fundamental Christian..just trying to understand why behaviour which has always been a hallmark of a society lapsing into decadence has now become a job qualification rather than a suitable case for treatment...

You lose potential girlfriends because they tolerate male homosexuality? When you say 'potential' girlfriends, i.e. they're not yet your girlfriend, are you actually asking them if they tolerate homosexuality within your chat up lines? Ha ha that is brilliant. I bet you've seen a few swinging doors in your time...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am Homo sapians. Not sure about the rest.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

You lose jobs and girlfriends because of gay men ? Wow. Where to start.

And the reason you get sidelined is everything to do with your inability to equate homosexual behaviour with God. You are right on that one.
Reading that claptrap though there may be other reasons as well I suspect.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

IQ less than 45 .....next.!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here