Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Homophobic?

Do you consider yourself to be homophobic?

• Total voters

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
No. I'm gay and live with my boyfriend and it f***ing winds us up hearing homophobic songs and nothing is ever done about it, it's just laughed off as banter. If i was to call black players niggers or dirty paki scum id be nicked. Can someone please explain what's the difference please?

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm aracnaphobic. I don't mind spiders but if I saw one in my bath or bedroom i'd probably scream

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I definitely have homophobic thoughts in the same way as I have thoughts that are racist, sexist and fearful of people with disabilities. I may not want to be this way, but I am a product of the society I am a part of. At the same time, I'm often able to catch myself and not let such thoughts guide my actions.

Jan 30, 2008
No. I'm gay and live with my boyfriend and it f***ing winds us up hearing homophobic songs and nothing is ever done about it, it's just laughed off as banter. If i was to call black players niggers or dirty paki scum id be nicked. Can someone please explain what's the difference please?
just goes to show it doesn't really bother most people ................... just a thought

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth

Fair comment... Can't B argued... I will again b pointing this out to Plod at StMarys, who will no doubt, probably again shrug his shoulders... they do a lot of that u know... ¿

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Can anyone tell me, why if I repeatedly attacked by dogs, or perhaps run over by cars, or shat on by birds, I would not be labelled as dog-ophobic, car-ophobic or bird-ophobic and condemned by society, but when I lose jobs, ansd potential girlfriends because all women tolerate male homosexuality because it doesn't threaten them whereas men often consider lesbians a threat, and I get sidelined from society merely because I believe the homosexual act among men is an offence against God..

And I'm not even Islamic or fundamental Christian..just trying to understand why behaviour which has always been a hallmark of a society lapsing into decadence has now become a job qualification rather than a suitable case for treatment...

If you're losing jobs due to that, I'd suggest you try not to break discrimination laws in future and you might keep that.

As goes losing "potential" girlfriends, dream on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here