Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Homophobic?

Do you consider yourself to be homophobic?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you need to define what you mean by homophobia, its a loaded term that means different things to different people.

Agree, I'd never suck a cock but if that is another males preference, go for it!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well surely people should have the courage of their convictions either way? No point holding a view if you're ashamed to admit that you hold it.

You are right, but in poll terms I'm not sure your professional pollster (and there are a couple on here) would agree. Looking at likely respondents' behaviour, because of the negative connurtations of the term in the question, a lot of people will either be tempted to a) say they're not when they are, or b) not reply at all. Either way, you won't get a true result.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have no problem with people having relationships and falling in love with members of the same sex, even getting married. Although I must admit I would think I would feel rather uncomfortable if two men decided to start snogging right in front of me in a pub or somewhere so I guess that makes me partly homophobic? Although I'd feel uncomfortable if a man and a woman did it too. Two women on the other hand.......

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure you should have made it public, I can't think anyone would vote yes even if they were. (Not counting the spoof accounts).

I can't see how people voted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit I would think I would feel rather uncomfortable if two men decided to start snogging right in front of me in a pub or somewhere so I guess that makes me partly homophobic? Although I'd feel uncomfortable if a man and a woman did it too. Two women on the other hand.......

Good point, well made.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I don't have a problem with people being gay,

I don't see how anyone who chooses to live in Brighton can be. I personally don't like "camp", the Julian Clary and Alan Carrs of the world I have problems with, but that's more a personality dislike than homophobia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shit poll. Pointless, ambiguous, and public polls are a crap idea on contentious subjects.

And like nearly everyone, it's a no from me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What is it about gays that you're not keen on?

THis thread not really about that but

Their promiscuous nature in inapropriate places. The attention seeking and full of self importance would be the main things that get a bit tiresome. Doesnt eat me up inside you just see it far to often .

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
THis thread not really about that but

Their promiscuous nature in inapropriate places. The attention seeking and full of self importance would be the main things that get a bit tiresome. Doesnt eat me up inside you just see it far to often .

No offence like, but every post you make about gayers is negative. If someone asked me to compile a list of homophobes from NSC based on what they'd written here, you and HB&B and NMH and Looney would be the first names that sprung to mind.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No offence like, but every post you make about gayers is negative. If someone asked me to compile a list of homophobes from NSC based on what they'd written here, you and HB&B and NMH and Looney would be the first names that sprung to mind.

Thanks for the nod.
Can you really know a person by their posts. Might suprise you to know I have a good friend that is gay . Doesnt mean I have to agree with certain things. A homophobe wouldnt even talk to Gays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here