Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Falmer Forum at Hove Town Hall on Tuesday?

Will you be at the Falmer Forum on Tuesday

• Yes

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Hang on ........just off to the other thread to get some info!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry you have lost me there.

If I want to go to watch BHA there is nothing and nobody that would stop me perhaps I am different.

Before arranging any family gatherings i.e weddings etc my family always ask me who Brighton are playing that day in order that I may attend. Even my holidays are booked around not missing games at home.

Perhaps I am a sad case but that is the way I am.

I used to be like that!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Of course none of those questions will be answered tonight.

The building contractors haven't been chosen yet.

But surely just because the Contractors haven't been chosen yet there should still be some idea as to when Buiding will start, how the funding issues are coming along etc.

What's the point in having a Roadshow unless there are some answers to give?

It's all very well saying we want a supporters bar/pub in the ground, what are the stands going to be called blah blah but personally I just want to know a date when work will start and that the money is in place to pay for it, and are we still on schedule for 2 more seasons only at Shitdean.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
anyone know the details of this being streamed online yet? will it be live today or done tomorrow?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Are you a lawyer, so you know this? Or is it just more shite?

Doesn't need to be a lawyer to work that out!!

Look at the limitations imposed on us at Withdean, look how far we've had to bend over backwards because one ONE bloke was getting upset with league football at the bottom of his garden. Look how long the Falmer debacle has dragged on and continues to do so because of Dorris and Joan's cake club objected to it.

The club have become a laughing stock and as Timbo quite correctly points out people are voting with their feet.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Look at the limitations imposed on us at Withdean, look how far we've had to bend over backwards because one ONE bloke was getting upset with league football at the bottom of his garden. Look how long the Falmer debacle has dragged on and continues to do so because of Dorris and Joan's cake club objected to it.

The club have become a laughing stock and as Timbo quite correctly points out people are voting with their feet.

See - you're revising history again. The club haven't had to do anything as a result of John Catt's challenges, aside from spend a fortune defending them.

You might want to laugh at it - the rest of us are pissed off with it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But surely just because the Contractors haven't been chosen yet there should still be some idea as to when Buiding will start, how the funding issues are coming along etc.

What's the point in having a Roadshow unless there are some answers to give?

It's all very well saying we want a supporters bar/pub in the ground, what are the stands going to be called blah blah but personally I just want to know a date when work will start and that the money is in place to pay for it, and are we still on schedule for 2 more seasons only at Shitdean.

The funding issues are going to be resolved until after the contractor has been chosen.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Perhaps its just an opinion that differs from yours? Doesn't necessarily mean there is an agenda.

Folk on here tend to be died in the wool Albion fans for whom the club can do no wrong. Sadly people who disagree get shot down in flames as liars and fantasists while the attendences slip down to the 4000 mark. There are some real problems that aren't being dealt with.

Personally I think that this has dragged on far too long, whoevers fault it is. LDC's seem to be a convenient doorstep to dump all our faults. I think a more agressive legal team could have had a lot of the delays sorted far quicker. To be honest wild horses couldn't drag me along to Withdean anymore. Local football has far more interest nowadays (look at the rising fortunes/attendences of Boro & Lewes, those new fans have to come from somewhere).

Ok, i'll bite.

Perhaps people might take your opinions a little more seriously if you jacked in watching 'local football' and came and supported the team.

Perhaps it's shitty attitudes like yours that are dragging the attendences down.

Perhaps, instead of revelling in getting 'shot down in flames'. you could actually employ a more positive attitude to the people who have done a million times more for this club than you ever could.

But you won't, will you, because that's just a 'convenient (way)...to dump all our faults' on others, isn't it!?

Opinion now ignored, along with all those who whinge that the club is going down the drain, but don't actually come up with anything proactive & positive to help matters...or even go to the games, when they have ample opportunity to do so.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
See - you're revising history again. The club haven't had to do anything as a result of John Catt's challenges, aside from spend a fortune defending them.

You might want to laugh at it - the rest of us are pissed off with it.

Yes I'm revising history to make my point! The club has become a laughing stock and quite allot of people really can't be bothered any more hence the 4k crowds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes I'm revising history to make my point! The club has become a laughing stock and quite allot of people really can't be bothered any more hence the 4k crowds.

Arthur, you're a joke. You conveniently ignore everything you havn't got an answer to, and just carry on spouting your half-baked bullshit. Do you actually expect to be taken seriously ? Perhaps you'd be better off on the Argus messageboards, that seems to be where the majority of ill-informed bumpkins hang out.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Just stand back and try and understand why you believe what you've written to be correct.

John Catt moved in after we got to withdean. Your statement is factually incorrect. The conditions were imposed because nobody wants a football stadium (exceprt for hardcore fans) in their locality. It was to buy off the residents and mitigate our time there and also demonstrate it was temporary. Many of the 31 conditions have been relaxed since being imposed.

The falmer debacle was because a whole planning authority objected. That episode is over>

As for many people.... some in fact a lot dont attend because of argumentative, ill informed hotheads like you. I say like you as I dont know if you attend currently or indeed if you are allowed to.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

I don't think so, I'm sure the club would have mentioned a live stream in the update on the website.

Insider said there will be a video on the official website tomorrow though, I seem to recall.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Shame they couldn't broadcast at least the Q & A on the radio or something like that.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
cheers.........shame they cant stream the audio live like they do the fans fourm, but nice to have the video tomorrow

instead I will rely on the reporters of NSC for all the new details, and maybe someone can take pictures of the new designs!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Arthur, you're a joke. You conveniently ignore everything you havn't got an answer to, and just carry on spouting your half-baked bullshit. Do you actually expect to be taken seriously ? Perhaps you'd be better off on the Argus messageboards, that seems to be where the majority of ill-informed bumpkins hang out.

I thought I'd answered most points, but you are obviously precious about people not speaking to you (do you suffer with insecurity issues?), so tell me what do you want me to answer?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just stand back and try and understand why you believe what you've written to be correct.

John Catt moved in after we got to withdean. Your statement is factually incorrect. The conditions were imposed because nobody wants a football stadium (exceprt for hardcore fans) in their locality. It was to buy off the residents and mitigate our time there and also demonstrate it was temporary. Many of the 31 conditions have been relaxed since being imposed.

The falmer debacle was because a whole planning authority objected. That episode is over>

As for many people.... some in fact a lot dont attend because of argumentative, ill informed hotheads like you. I say like you as I dont know if you attend currently or indeed if you are allowed to.

You've highlighted several of my points perfectly. Thank you!

The planning aspect of Falmer may well be over, but ultimately all we want is the ground to be built, that I'm telling you is miles off!

And for the record, I can attend, I choose not too.....why? Ironically because the place is full of clowns who know nothing about the game (funnily enough I don't deem someone who knows every sub-paragraph in a planning process to be an expert on the beautiful game)!

Argue all you like, tell me I'm in the minority with my opinions, but the attendances speak for themselves.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No, actually I'm now utterly convinced by "Arthur" and his equally entirely-constructive, if potty-mouthed, little sidekick/alter-ego Timbo. We should all either start campaigning to STAY at wonderful Withdean and eventually just give up on the Albion all together, just as LDC wanted.

That'd be much better all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here