Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are people getting a little too touchy on here??

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I would strike Hamburg off your list of cities to visit then!
Ahh,.. but there is the thing,... spent a very wild Rugby Tour in Hamburg in the early nineties, Reeperbahn included,... though I have claimed I dont remember anything of that trip, nor the following year in Antwerp..... just dont ask.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
What are your views on the "she licks the wrong side of the stamp" comment with regards to Jessie J? Or is it ok when it's aimed at a female? How do you know my "bats for the other side" wasn't aimed at lezzers?

You just dont get it do you ... What you said is wrong.. it doesnt matter whether its aimed at men or women. Its horrid,its homophobic and and you obviously dont understand because you are asking me if its ok to be aimed at 'lezzers". THAT is, in itself, a derogatory comment . We dont need it, or you putting this sort of stuff here.
Go away and learn about human beings...quite frankly , i know who i would rather be around...and its not you !

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
You just dont get it do you ... What you said is wrong.. it doesnt matter whether its aimed at men or women. Its horrid,its homophobic and and you obviously dont understand because you are asking me if its ok to be aimed at 'lezzers". THAT is, in itself, a derogatory comment . We dont need it, or you putting this sort of stuff here.
Go away and learn about human beings...quite frankly , i know who i would rather be around...and its not you !

This thread was made for you :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now you know where to draw the line.
I think most of us know where to draw the line. NSC occasionally has its bumpy periods, but - once you get it - it's fine.
To be honest, I don't think we do. When someone was critical of John Terry for going to Auschwitz (which I thought was ridiculous) I said f off, which I thought it was a fair comment - others were equally as rude to the OP, who apologised for being silly, but I got an infraction, presumably because the OP reported my post. I don't mind if the rule is no swearing on the site, I have no problem sticking to the rules, but with all that goes on here it's difficult to know where the line is (obviously some things are clearly over the line).

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is decency and respect not encouraged here then?

Generally no, when you consider as an example one of the mods often starts thread about wanking, pissing and any other fluid based bodily functions.

To a lesser degree, respect is slightly encouraged, but certainly not decency.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Before i say anything else, yes i am aware that something went on with Bozza and the Police yesterday and i am not suggesting for one minuite that anything that could become further problems should be classed as what i am about to say.

However, what is going on with some people on here at the moment??

Yesterday i made an ironic comment that included the words 'Bat for the other side' in it. I have seen FAR worse go unpunished on here in the past. Someone took offense to it and i recieved some sort of infringment points (whatever the fcuk that means!).

In the thread about the Olympic closing ceremony last night, more than one person made joke about Jessie J being a lesbien, some of the comments included 'she licks the other side of the stamp' Explain how that is less naughty than what i said yesterday? It, and the other comments, went un-punished.

Someone has just made a comment in the Dog Lovers thread that they obviously thought was amusing. It really wasnt and they soon apologised. Now unless someone has actually had their dog put in the oven before, surely it shouldnt cause that much offence????? The comment was removed by a Mod after the person that said it apologised. Bad taste in jokes but surely nobody took it seriously enough to piss their pants and report it to a moderator???

Are some people having major sense of humour failures and reporting these type comments, or are the Mods getting power crazy and getting kicks out of controlling other peoples speech??

Maybe people deal with offence differently, some people ignore it, some report it, where as, when you got offended in the horse dancing thread, you got aggressive and sweary.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hey [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION] - tons of hypocrisy on here and just have to put up with it. I had an infraction for something which on reflection was "distasteful" but no more so than much on here, and a lot of it I find really amusing and a positive feature .... (who can forget the @smokegrenade dating threads?)

Just take the infraction and move on. I guess those sensitive types either don't go to football matches or somehow are able to rationalise how it's acceptable to verbally abuse every official, away fan and even some of our own players .... but that's playful banter and OK!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't post or participate on here anywhere near as much as I used to and have done for 12 years because I can guarantee as sure as Black is Black and White is White that any thread I do will have one of the trolls make a comment trying to get a bite and start a binfest, normally within a couple of pages and sure enough it happened again on my Dog Lovers thread. I did not report it. It was a low rating on the scale of offensiveness as to some of the shit I have seen over the years. I have however invented a game for myself called " NSC Troll Bingo " and I have a card with the 7 or so main Trolls and mark them off as they come on one by one trying to wind up and offend. I try and get a full house within 100 replies and most times I do.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Generally no, when you consider as an example one of the mods often starts thread about wanking, pissing and any other fluid based bodily functions.

I'm trying to think of other fluid based bodily functions, but the only one I can come up with is crying.

Can't we turn all this hate and loathing in one common direction - Crystal Palace.
Whoops sorry I forgot some people don't like that either.:ffsparr:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Different people find different things offensive and funny. There is a thread on here which is a caption competition for a picture of Brian may and Jessie J at the Closing ceremony. I thought it might be worth a look, but soon realised that it was full of unfunny sexual innuendo. I didn't object to it because of the sexual innuendo, but there just wasn't any wittiness in evidence. It just wasn't funny.

I have a close member of my family who is gay. I would not complain on here about the use of expressions like "licking the other side of the stamp", but I don't like them. One just realises that some people who post on here are fairly pathetic in their understanding and treatment of other people. Part of the gist of this thread seems to be that to be a football fan you have to be a totally insensitive and offensive clod. I know plenty of people - some of them even Southampton fans - who would give the lie to that.

I would also realise it is possible to upset people unthinkingly. I didn't say anything about it at the time, but I was in a gathering before a meeting about five years ago when someone was bemoaning how depressing something she had been doing at work had been. She use the expression "I could have slit my wrists". A week before a cousin of mine had decided to take his own life by jumping over a cliff (not beachy head). I didn't burst in to tears or anything, but it meant I did not concentrate properly on the proceedings for about the next two hours. If the woman who had said it had known, she would have been mortified.... which just goes to show that perfectly reasonable people can give offence fairly innocently.

But a lot of what goes on here is way, way beyond that and is offensive for the sake of being offensive. People trying to be funny but , in the eyes of many others, failing miserably.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Well I've obviously upset someone by making a comment towards the traveller community. If it was for swearing, which there was one word then fair enough. But other than that I'm clueless. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here