Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apology to Bars Mar

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble I think it wa 50% of one and half a dozen of the other. The Kate/Peter thread you must admit that thread turned into a binfest becaase of you and no one else mate.

Well, that's debatable but over so lets not go back there. I wasn't referring to that thread anyway and I probably did deserve to get banned. However what is laughable is that Bars can then get away with starting a thread to abuse me and other people can make disabled jokes five minuites after I was banned, on the same subject without any recourse from the trigger happy Hitony.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Cheers Bozza, the points thing would be a good start.

As for the forum topics, I think they are fine as they are, it is fun having pretty mch everything in one main forum.

I think that perhaps the use of the red triangle has been less than it should be. So long as the Mods don't get fed up, I will use it whenever I feel it necessary, and I suggest the rest of us who want to make NSC better, more like it was before, do the same. Don't worry, I am not going to go mad about it, but I will report every one that deserves it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From the mighty and long suffering Bozza:

use the 'report post' function to let the mods know

That will sort it out in a few days.

PS Bozza - I don't think he was complaining about the Mods per se. I think he was saying that there isn't a framework within which they can operate. I'm not a fan of over-policing, but if the users all decide (by hitting the triangle) that a poster is behaving badly, then it becomes self regulating.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble I think it wa 50% of one and half a dozen of the other. The Kate/Peter thread you must admit that thread turned into a binfest becaase of you and no one else mate.

I think the phrase is either 50/50 0r six of one and half a dozen of the other!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Cheers Bozza, the points thing would be a good start.

As for the forum topics, I think they are fine as they are, it is fun having pretty mch everything in one main forum.

I think that perhaps the use of the red triangle has been less than it should be. So long as the Mods don't get fed up, I will use it whenever I feel it necessary, and I suggest the rest of us who want to make NSC better, more like it was before, do the same. Don't worry, I am not going to go mad about it, but I will report every one that deserves it.

I pretty much agree with that Phil :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem with the red triangle system is that it is open to abuse. As we have some on here that like to hunt and bully in packs all they have to do if they are losing a debate or want to get back at the person they are all bullying is triangle him again and again until the mods have to ban them.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The problem with the red triangle system is that it is open to abuse. As we have some on here that like to hunt and bully in packs all they have to do if they are losing a debate or want to get back at the person they are all bullying is triangle him again and again until the mods have to ban them.

But that will not work if that person dosen't post anything offensive

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Makes me laugh that some have said on this very thread that it is aimed against one poster, who I would suggest most people detest. The thread has been carried out mostly with decorum and now is yielding some positive action.

Also, there are a few posters who should perhaps look at their Avatars and their Signatures, some are really not pleasant.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Makes me laugh that some have said on this very thread that it is aimed against one poster, who I would suggest most people detest. The thread has been carried out mostly with decorum and now is yielding some positive action.

Also, there are a few posters who should perhaps look at their Avatars and their Signatures, some are really not pleasant.

But then with the avatars, switch them off.

The trouble is if the MODS start looking at that as well, you are getting into a heavily censored board, although with the ban handed out, I think that might appeal to some.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Your avatar offends me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i wanted that shirt :down::lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Put ya handbags down lads.

"We're all friends here"

;)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not at all - we apply a bit of reasoning to such things. If the reported posts are not offensive, they remain.

I have sigs and avatars permanently turned off as it pollutes what I actually want to look at. However we do act on reports of offensive sigs and avatars although it's been many months since we've had a report of one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But that will not work if that person dosen't post anything offensive

Well that is one way of looking at it but you can say something offensive, get reported and banned but then the people who want you banned say just as offensive stuff. I don't really care and I can see why people want the board cleaned up although it would be a little dull without the odd row or two!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Well that is one way of looking at it but you can say something offensive, get reported and banned but then the people who want you banned say just as offensive stuff. I don't really care and I can see why people want the board cleaned up although it would be a little dull without the odd row or two!

We all like a good row but all the offensive personal stuff should have been left in the middle school playgrounds!!

Life is all about personal opinions but there is no need to go over the top see HKFC's post ripped from the other thread and there were several who were doing it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
whats the betting this thread turns into a binfest :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here