Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apology to Bars Mar

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ignore list is not very practical I suspect - it does make the threads read in a very curious manner.

The answer might be to use the "Report Post" link (Red triangle link under the posters name and details) more often.

If everyone does this when they come across an unacceptable comment, then we might stamp it out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have been posting for about 8 years and the last year has seen the board deteriorate very badly. I can guarantee that EVERY thread I post I will be met by someone telling me I am a Wanker. My rule is I do not get personal I do not but if someone is personal to me first I will fight back. But its very draining. I left the board a year ago for 4 weeks due to the DO thread but again this thread was a load of people deliberately going out of their way to be unpleasant and got more pleasure the more upset I got.

There are a lot of new posters who derive pleasure in their lives by upsetting people. I am no angel and post a lot of shit and play devils advocate but the abuse is very bad. I know for a fact when I see a certain posters no come up on my thread it will be abusive, when I check I am right everytime. Still I love this board and will not let these thunderc*nts win.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have been posting for about 8 years and the last year has seen the board deteriorate very badly. I can guarantee that EVERY thread I post I will be met by someone telling me I am a Wanker. My rule is I do not get personal I do not but if someone is personal to me first I will fight back. But its very draining. I left the board a year ago for 4 weeks due to the DO thread but again this thread was a load of people deliberately going out of their way to be unpleasant and got more pleasure the more upset I got.

There are a lot of new posters who derive pleasure in their lives by upsetting people. I am no angel and post a lot of shit and play devils advocate but the abuse is very bad. I know for a fact when I see a certain posters no come up on my thread it will be abusive, when I check I am right everytime. Still I love this board and will not let these thunderc*nts win.

:tosser:

:jester:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:bigwave:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
There does appear to be a 'crew' of posters who will argue and abuse for the sake of it and will 'gang' together to bully other posters.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bars Mar is witty and clever in his postings and is a fresh addition to the board imo.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bars Mar does seem to get picked on.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think the basic problem lies with the moderators. I am not calling for a Nazi regime but if more people were banned more quickly then the problem would subside.

We can all be abusive if called upon, but its easy for most of us to see the real culprits.

Let me suggest a rising scale of bans

1st offence 1 week
2nd offence 2 weeks
etc.

Also being banned is too emotive to the freedom fighters on here, so lets call it a sin bin.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The abuse aid gets is scandalous. He is a young lad finding his way in life and his postings are niave sometimes to say the least but middle aged men coming on heere telling him to kill himself etc is deplorable imo and should be banned outright for life..

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Bars Mar is witty and clever in his postings and is a fresh addition to the board imo.

This is not getting at you, but why not do a little search of his postings to see just how witty and funny he is. Imagine also that your hyperthetical 9 year old daughter was reading it

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Use the triangle - let the Mods know that a post is unacceptable. If enough people are upset by it, they will act.

If you just get dragged into the abuse, then you will propagate it. These idiots thrive on the attention.

Mods - do you want people to use the triangle or is it not the correct means of drawing this kind of stuff to your attention?

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Quite interesting this piece written on the Crawley Town website, ctfc.net, and thought it was quite appropriate for whats going on here:

"I stepped back and had a look at what is taking place on the forum and actually it is flippin obvious...

Have a look yourself and you will see that there are one or two posters just being provocative for the sake of it, prolonging threads to ensure they become tetchy, petty and targetting certain individuals... in a word attritional... the net result is it becomes a bit of a boring humourless place.

Next time someone namechecks you for no apparent reason, or prolongs an argument, or tries to marginalise certain viewwpoints, or claims you have said something you quite clearly haven't.. in fact just drags it on without humour or apparent purpose... have a quiet think... maybe just maybe... there is an agenda here..? maybe all is not quite what it seems..?

I've no problem with it, I just don't get people to go there as a result of people deliberately removing the sense of joy and belonging from this site! ...

And remember this forum is still the only place for independent expression, for years it was the only place where the truth about the Majeeds could be expressed. It is not a club marketing or promotional tool.

And still the only place where you can experience the highs and lows of being a CTFC fan... they have silenced the past.. please don't let anyone drive you away and silence the future..!

Anyway, have a look, i'm sure you can work it all out for yourselves... eh..?

cue: abuse"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the basic problem lies with the moderators. I am not calling for a Nazi regime but if more people were banned more quickly then the problem would subside.

We can all be abusive if called upon, but its easy for most of us to see the real culprits.

Let me suggest a rising scale of bans

1st offence 1 week
2nd offence 2 weeks
etc.

Also being banned is too emotive to the freedom fighters on here, so lets call it a sin bin.

I've no idea what is going on, but "problem with the moderators" is something I take offence with. Reason being, as I've said 3 billion times, is that NSC is largely self-policing. See something that you think is out of order - use the 'report post' function to let the mods know. Don't assume that either:

a) A moderator has read the message and thinks it is ok.
b) Others have already reported it.

On average, less than 1 post is reported a day and even the most offensive stuff only receives 2 or 3 reports. It's easy to reach the conclusion that people are largely happy with NSC content.

However, what I think I need to do is draw up a list of infractions - what they are and what the 'punishment' is. This version of vBulletin allows points to be given for infractions - this is completely customisable including differing points for differing offences, differing time periods for the points to last for and automatic 'punishments' (ie posting restrictions) after a certain number of points have been accrued. Basically, think a messageboard version of driving licence points.

Additionally I'd still really like to give NSC a try with separate forums. This could be as simple as 2...

- Sport (including all BHA, SCCC chat)
- Everything else

...or we could go a bit more granular...

- BHA
- SCCC
- The wide world of sport
- Everything else

...as it would keep the binfestry largely away from the Albion stuff. However whenever we have a poll, people vote to keep it as it is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am personally glad Bars is banned. She has occasionally come up with some witty repostes but mainly trolls the board looking for people to insult. She took great delight in my banning and has been abusive to people that are just having a normal debate. I don't mind that I got banned, probably deserved it but the rows I get into are with people who are up for it not innocents that Bars likes to stalk and be foul to. Stalking wench.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If only, everyone was as mature and sensible as Me and Trigger on this forum, then this would defiantly be a nicer atmosphere, agreed?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am personally glad Bars is banned. She has occasionally come up with some witty repostes but mainly trolls the board looking for people to insult. She took great delight in my banning and has been abusive to people that are just having a normal debate. I don't mind that I got banned, probably deserved it but the rows I get into are with people who are up for it not innocents that Bars likes to stalk and be foul to. Stalking wench.

Nibble I think it wa 50% of one and half a dozen of the other. The Kate/Peter thread you must admit that thread turned into a binfest becaase of you and no one else mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here