Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have issues with the food at half time

D

Deleted member 18477

Shut up you prat, the idea of spending a £100m on a stadium is that at some point it pays for itself or have you not grasped that???? It's all about the experience, people are pissed off because they are not geting what was promised!!

this.

although to be fair i'd rather they served me chicken and pasta, tuna and jacket potato or a protein shake lol!

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa buddyyyyyyyyyy!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I didn't have any food on Saturday but I did arrive in the WSU concourse 30 minutes before kick-off to be greeted by NO QUEUE at the Harveys stall. What kind of tin-pot catering is this? Queueing is an important part of my match day experience so I made sure I stood there for 30 seconds before placing my order just to make a point. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.

I indeed had the same experiance of getting an instant pints of Harveys with NO queue! Had a few beers in the Open House by London road station and then the Swan pre-game. The Open House is an excellent pub and not that busy (was there from 1.30pm to 3.30pm), the Swan however was heaving (mainly with Hull fans) but still served pretty quickly! As I said served instantly on arriving into the WSU and no problems after the game in the WSL bar apart from the white wine had run out (not my drink I add).

Looks like its a bit hit and miss re drinks and food and reading the response from somebody working there, the club ARE trying to improve the service.

Mr Blobby

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
why do people "need" to buy food at a footy stadium?

a) its only a couple of hours of your life.
b) its cheaper to buy something elsewhere before.
c) hot dogs, burgers, crisps, coke, are all shit and better off not eating anyway.

people queue for this shit? then moan at the queues? and actually miss parts of the game? very weird behaviour.

Dead right. And we wonder why obesity, diabetes rates are going through the roof.

FFS, why do people need to eat and drink every few minutes of their lives. It's just habit, zombified by advertising and peer pressure. I'm all for having a pint before or after the game as a social thing, but if you don't like queuing at half time or the stuff is cold there is a simple solution, DO WITHOUT. You are unlikely to die of starvation or thirst.

PG

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Generally I dislike queueing - so if I'm hungry and there isn't a queue, I'll buy a pie (the beef ones are OK). I got there on Saturday 20 minutes before kick off and there was hardly a soul waiting to be served in the East.
One problem of having a pie before KO was that I wanted a crap before half time and lost 5 minutes of the first half. However, the queues just before half time in the East were quite small.
The moral of the story is - don't eat pies before the game in case you want a crap. If you do, get a ticket in the East. I am convinced that the catering in the East is better than the North and West, judging by people's comments on here.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Azure where given the contract along time ago and should have had a proper strategy for recruitment rather than waiting for University term to start.

Stock problems have nothing to do with University staff just starting. The chefs for the 1901 and corporate areas are certainly not students but given the quality they quite possibly could be!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think today was a bit of a one off with it being at such a time many people thought they might have their dinner at the football when previously they would not.

Dear oh dear, yet another 'one off' problem, they seem to have one of those in a different place for virtually every home game so far this season. Sorry but this doesnt wash with me. Whatever time of day that the match takes place, the club, (or Azure to be specific), should see all these thousands of people as revenue, mouths to be fed and watered, money to be made. l'm sure thats what the club would expect them to do. Nearly a quarter of the way through the season, these problems shouldnt exist any more.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I've now given up trying to have a drink at Half time, as unless you leave before the half time whistle, it's an impossibility to get served and drink it before the start of the second half.(especially if you need the toilet as well.)

IMO, a more pressing issue, especially if you've had a few drinks before the game, are the toilets.

Why (and the question has been on ATC but without a reply) isn't there an 'IN' and an 'OUT' to all the toilets. Would make the flow of people so much easier. And seeing as around 80% of those attending games are men, why are there the same number of toilets for women as men?

I understand the obesity police have contacted the club and said too many calories are being consumed by fans which will cause health problems in the future and the NHS cannot afford it. Hence the limit on the number of pies,hot dogs and burgers available at each game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why (and the question has been on ATC but without a reply) isn't there an 'IN' and an 'OUT' to all the toilets. Would make the flow of people so much easier. And seeing as around 80% of those attending games are men, why are there the same number of toilets for women as men?

'In' and 'Out' would make the people flow a lot better in the WSU for sure, but it won't actually speed things up at all as at peak periods, ie half time, the urinals are all being used 100% of the time, with each one having a mini queue of 4 or 5 people.

Also, if there was only a single 'In' queue for the Gents near WSU G Block, that queue would be so long it would be even more obstructive than it is right now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Speaking for my team and the other teams around the stadium, I just want to apologise for these teething issues we're having. I can guarantee personally that you'll see amazing improvements over the coming matches and by the end of the season. Thank you very much to all of the customers who are understanding and polite when these issues come up. We can only do our best with what we have.

Fair play for that. The belated recruitment of intelligent English-speaking students is a good start. Make sure you pay them above the going rate to retain them, your company's reputation and lucrative contract is at stake here. Seriously, it IS. You seem to have stumbled upon the only forum that will give you genuine instant customer feedback from the Amex. Please continue to monitor NSC after every home game to see how well your promised improvements are being perceived by the paying punters (especially the would-be punters who are currently stuck in a half-time queue to nowhere). Stick a poll on here after every home game for addition valuable feedback :thumbsup:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Now we are a few months into the season, I have to say the catering arrangements are piss poor. Really bored of the choice of food or lack of. Get rid of Azure and get more variety.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One problem of having a pie before KO was that I wanted a crap before half time

I'm no biologist, but I think its HIGHLY unlikely that a pie chowed down just before kickoff would've made its way to your bowels, been fully digested, travelled along your pooper pipe and and find itself pushing insistantly at your inner-rectum all before the end of the first half.

Even a dodgy curry would take an hour or two minumum before splatterage, and thats if its coming out of your rusty sheriffs badge like a very wrong chocolate milkshake.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm no biologist, but I think its HIGHLY unlikely that a pie chowed down just before kickoff would've made its way to your bowels, been fully digested, travelled along your pooper pipe and and find itself pushing insistantly at your inner-rectum all before the end of the first half.

Even a dodgy curry would take an hour or two minumum before splatterage, and thats if its coming out of your rusty sheriffs badge like a very wrong chocolate milkshake.

I second that motion :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That would explain the different look to the pies then. TLO was one of the few lucky enough to get a pre-match steak and ale pie in Dicks, and we took an opportunity to examine it before he gorged. The design of the pastry was different. Gone was the "wavy" crust round the perimeter, and also gone was the herbs on top. There was a bit more gravy inside (so presumably a bit less meat). TLO's verdict was that whilst it was still a pretty good pie, it wasn't as good as the originals - I think he gave it a little over 6 out of 10.

So less pies, and they're not as nice any more. Brill.

This. ...oh.

I saw later in the WSU that the pies were Piglet's Pantry pies (or at least PP pie-shaped), so gawd knows what was going at Dick's Bar.

For all the moaning, I did notice that the queues were moving pretty sharpish, and that the service bods had upped their game - no complaints on that score from me. Just the pie (or lack thereof) issue.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn't work. People will still go 'in' the 'out' door and 'out' of the 'in' door.

They just would.

Not if they installed one-way TURNSTILES. Be one or two Clever Trevors jumping over for sure, but most too pissed and lardy to even try. Our good selves excluded. Obviously.

Last edited:

Beg to differ!
I once enjoyed a packet if dry roasted in a Patcham hostelry,the barman inadvertently poured me a pint that was 2/3 pipe cleaner,the peanuts exited my nippsy 4 minutes later,unfortunately trousers were still being removed at the time!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beg to differ!
I once enjoyed a packet if dry roasted in a Patcham hostelry,the barman inadvertently poured me a pint that was 2/3 pipe cleaner,the peanuts exited my nippsy 4 minutes later,unfortunately trousers were still being removed at the time!

Which is undeniably an impressive feat - but as you yourself point out, this was as a direct result of having consumed a "dodgy pint".

Dejavatbtn seemed to be alluding that a pie scoffed just before kickoff would routinely be "knocking at the door" before half time had even arrived, with food poisoning / illness not even in the equation. Either he has a constitution that runs at a Sky+ FF x30 speed, or he has an open channel freeway from gullet to chuff that you could easily drop a tennis ball straight through without it even touching the sides.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beg to differ!

No way did aforesaid peanuts circumnavigate some thirty feet of intestines in four minutes. Very much doubt the pint made it that far that quick. Even in Patcham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here