Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have issues with the food at half time

I think today was a bit of a one off with it being at such a time many people thought they might have their dinner at the football when previously they would not.

Really? Not to come accross as being rude, but I thought the job of the caterers was to ensure that there is sufficient food to feed the customers that are/were requiring food. As a Chef that now teaches and has a number of former students that are working at the AMEX, my understanding is that they are under-staffed with staff that are un-qualified and unable to cope with the requirements of the job which is leading to continious problems.

[MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] - unless this was late after the match itself, I doubt very much that pies had sold out and there were none left. The problem seems to be more of a case of having some available continuously.

I'd be amazed if pies didn't arrive a few minutes later but I agree with the general sentiment - that's still not good enough. When you queue for a decent amount of time you don't expect the cupboard to be bare when you reach the promised land of being served.

They did have mobile hot dog vendors today which, like the bottled Fosters sellers, appeases the "I just want something but I don't want to queue" crowd.

Bozza, one of my former students told me that the pies were being made by 3 different companies now as the original contracter could not fulfil the deal and that after the first few games an enormous ammount of pies had been thrown away and that now Azzure were trying to get the ammounts right but this meant running out rather than having too many left over. But, to be honest there is f*** all left at the beginning of half time in the North. I am also available to sort it out for the right ammount of cash I assure you!!

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
No chicken pies in north stand 25mins before game, what a joke

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
You are not pregnant are you?!! I only thought Mary & Joseph were with child?

This sounds poor given Elliott's promises on The Albion Roar last week with regard to Azure upping their game starting today.

Being with child today, I found myself purchasing a bottle of Pepsi and a packet of crisps pre-match. The queue moved impressively quickly and I did not have to wait too long. However, whilst my packet of cheese and onion were being retrieved, I couldn't help notice that most of the pie racks were empty so it looked as though those who did want some pastry goodness were going to be going hungry.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Absolute f***ing disgrace. Left seat before the end of first half, took until five minutes into second half to get served. That is a TWENTY MINUTE QUEUE. After the game, gormless staff didnt know difference between harveys and lager, was served a cold burger, took it back and was offered a replacement as the catering staff were "not sure if the burgers were hot or cold". Teething problems are one thing, general incompetence is another entirely. Especially let down after the positive comments on albion roar this week

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I do not want to go Albion bashing but I was pretty annoyed today with the food arrangements. I joined a que in the WSU about 10mins before half-time and when I got to the counter I was told there were no pies left. I told them to forget it so I mooched off to another kiosk and qued once again but once more I was told there was no pie's when I was finally served. I eventually settled for a sodding burger.

Like I said, I do not want to be complaining to much about the stadium (other than travel arrangements) but to run out of food at a state of art stadium that has designs on being in the Premier League is poor in my opinion.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Another that doesn't really want to pissing and moaning but I am getting pretty wound up with the pie situation. They ran out of them at the Liverpool game and last night as well, although to be honest the queuing wasn't that bad and the burgers are pretty decent. But please, just buy in enough sodding pies!!!

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Was gonna have my first pie at the Amex today, as KO was over tea time, but no steak or chicken & ham pies left, only veggie, at half-time
in WSU....disappointed!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
No Harvey's (WSU, nearest bar to C Block) well before kick-off. This is happening a lot. Why don't they order more? It's not rocket science 😡

kip

Aug 2, 2011
We have these threads after every home game and it's really boring now. Why can't they just sort it out. I used to own a hot dog trailer that I took to markets and events. I could clear a queue like they get at the amex within minutes. I think the draft beer slows things down and think they should have more bottled beers but there really is no excuse for not having any stock. When was the last time burger king ran out of whoppers ffs

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I never venture out at half time, I have a pie before the game, but a load of people round me came back saying there were no pies and no hot dogs. Surely by now they should have an idea of quantities that are needed.

Have you seen the hot dogs, they look disgusting

matt

Mar 19, 2007
WSL (north end) had run out of chicken pies before half-time. Ridiculous queues during half-time with loads of people still returning to their seats ten mins into the start of the second half. Amateurish shambles.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Tried to buy a meat pie to be told only veg left two minutes before the end of the first half in the wsnu.
Before the game started I was in a queue for the Harveys and it ran out as I got to the front this has happened to me three times.
(up the ale drinkers )

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
With the much improved ‘football ‘special buses, we arrived early the ground, with no queues we managed to get served quickly at the WSL kiosks. Unfortunately the ‘hot dog’ sausage must have been left over from the Palarse game, and had been reheated. It was defiantly not freshly cooked and still no onions., most disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here