Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have issues with the food at half time

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I have always bought a pie pre-match and post-match but they were out after the game in the East today. I asked the guy if they had sold more than usual, he said no, they just didn't have as many to start with. Very strange.

(sent due to boredom from samsung galaxy s)

You have two pies every game? Is there something wrong with you? How much weight have you put on since august?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bozza, one of my former students told me that the pies were being made by 3 different companies now as the original contracter could not fulfil the deal

That would explain the different look to the pies then. TLO was one of the few lucky enough to get a pre-match steak and ale pie in Dicks, and we took an opportunity to examine it before he gorged. The design of the pastry was different. Gone was the "wavy" crust round the perimeter, and also gone was the herbs on top. There was a bit more gravy inside (so presumably a bit less meat). TLO's verdict was that whilst it was still a pretty good pie, it wasn't as good as the originals - I think he gave it a little over 6 out of 10.

So less pies, and they're not as nice any more. Brill.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
İbrahim Tatlıses;4453329 said:
I miss the Withdean burger vans. In comparison to Amex burgers they were rather tasty in retrospect (and warm)

Still don't get this. I had burgers at withdean twice, and had food poisoning twice. The burgers at the Amex are really tasty with loads of cheese, kos lettice and cherry tomatoes. They're not always that hot and they're not that big but apart from that they're great. I still think they'd do better with a bagelman though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I use the bar in WSU at the entrance to d block, the fosters pumps broke again pre match, that's twice in 3 games. Piss poor, and we had a virtually new set of staff as well so service was once again painfully slow.

It was still knackered at half time, they were having to ship pints in from the main bar.

They had all of the first half to sort it. Felt sorry for the poor girl who was on her own behind the jump especially as she only had veggie pies. Yet they had two (at half time as well) come round to cash out the till rendering it out of action for about 30 seconds. Granted 30 seconds isn't very long but why not wait until the queue had gone?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Don't bother trying to get food at half time - the queues are ridicuklous and I'd rather be in the ground than in the concourses for as long as I can. Certainly can't understand why people would miss even one second of the game in order to try to get food at half time.

Beer and a pie before the game - never had an issue in WSL - sometimes a beer afterwards, and again never had an issue getting a Harveys.

Worst by-product of the half time queues for me is the 20 minutes (35 to 35 mins and 45-55 mins of the game) of people pushing past me to get out. Getting very tiresome.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The East Stand ran out of all hot food at half time and the queue was worse than ever. There just seems to be a complete lack of cohesion in the service. Lots of kids taking time to choose what they wanted at the front of the queue instead of making up their minds beforehand added to the chaos.

Maybe time to have a couple of separate bars without food for those who just want a pint which might help ease it a bit.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
No point bothering with half time refreshments and I am not interested in leaving the action just go get a drink. Good interview with Neil Smillie at half time - what has happened to his curly hair!?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
WSL ran out of steak pies even before the match. Azure are just not up to it. If they were working for me they would have been sacked by now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me there's absolutely no reason why the club couldn't fill the massive unused area of tarmac in front of the stadium with all manner of independent food-selling stalls, from burgers and chips to noodles to curries to waffles to whatever. At the moment its just wasted space and there's too many would-be punters stuck in an Albanian-style food queue to nowhere on the concourse.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Seems to me there's absolutely no reason why the club couldn't fill the massive unused area of tarmac in front of the stadium with all manner of independent food-selling stalls, from burgers and chips to noodles to curries to waffles to whatever. At the moment its just wasted space and there's too many would-be punters stuck in an Albanian-style food queue to nowhere on the concourse.

Absolutely agree with this, it would ease the burden on the concourse outlets...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
That would explain the different look to the pies then. TLO was one of the few lucky enough to get a pre-match steak and ale pie in Dicks, and we took an opportunity to examine it before he gorged. The design of the pastry was different. Gone was the "wavy" crust round the perimeter, and also gone was the herbs on top. There was a bit more gravy inside (so presumably a bit less meat). TLO's verdict was that whilst it was still a pretty good pie, it wasn't as good as the originals - I think he gave it a little over 6 out of 10.

So less pies, and they're not as nice any more. Brill.

After reading that,i suspect that they have gone from handmade(they promised this at the start),to being mass produced.
Tbh,i tried one pie at the spurs game,then gave them one other chance,at the donny game,both were shite,and have since decided not to bother with any catering.
Getting a beer isnt a problem in upper west.
Im suprised how they have struggled,but volume seems to be a big problem,perhaps bha have more fat fuckers than other stadiums,and i wouls suggest,instead of wasting your money,make alternative arrangements,shirley its not that hard to eat before hand,or after.......and get a grip

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area

I agree,this seems an answer. Why does anyone know,this is not being done.?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

if that happened,i would love to have a kiosk ,my catering company applied to supply the amex(have supplied glasto,reading,weymouth steam fair),with homemade pastys,but would take one.(didnt even get any response from bha at the time).
Iwonder how much azure pay for the pies,judging by the mark up,there profits must be obscene.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
why do people "need" to buy food at a footy stadium?

a) its only a couple of hours of your life.
b) its cheaper to buy something elsewhere before.
c) hot dogs, burgers, crisps, coke, are all shit and better off not eating anyway.

people queue for this shit? then moan at the queues? and actually miss parts of the game? very weird behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here