Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else hate the England band?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It was lovely to hear the crowd. I hate that f***ing band. I hope there is a groundswell of support for banning them, as they
are in it for their own publicity

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It was lovely to hear the crowd. I hate that f***ing band. I hope there is a groundswell of support for banning them, as they
are in it for their own publicity
couldn't agree more

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
They were on SkySportsNews this afternoon around 2ish, never realised they were all mainly in their late 40s/early 50s

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sponsors Pukka Pies are to make an official protest to UEFA after the England band was refused entry into Monday night's Euro 2012 encounter with France in Donetsk.

The band have travelled 2,500 miles by road to get to Ukraine for the game.

But, despite assurances from the Football Association and UEFA, the band were not allowed to bring their instruments into the Donbass Arena.

The England band have been a feature of Three Lions games for the past two decades and estimate they have been present for over 300 consecutive matches.

This was the first time they have been refused entry to a game and no reason was given for the decision.

The band were allowed entry once their instruments had been confiscated and the authorities said they will be returned after the final whistle.

"We are going to make an official protest about this matter," said a spokesman for Pukka Pies, who are sponsors of the band.

"There were no grounds for taking this disgraceful action, which is over-zealous in the extreme.

"Needless to say, we intend the band to be back in its rightful place by the time we get to Kiev for the Sweden game on Friday."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fantastic, those ***** are the sole reason England have been shit for so long. They slow everything down and make us dull and predictable. #bantheband get it trending.

Jan 30, 2008
Sponsors Pukka Pies are to make an official protest to UEFA after the England band was refused entry into Monday night's Euro 2012 encounter with France in Donetsk.

The band have travelled 2,500 miles by road to get to Ukraine for the game.

But, despite assurances from the Football Association and UEFA, the band were not allowed to bring their instruments into the Donbass Arena.

The England band have been a feature of Three Lions games for the past two decades and estimate they have been present for over 300 consecutive matches.

This was the first time they have been refused entry to a game and no reason was given for the decision.

The band were allowed entry once their instruments had been confiscated and the authorities said they will be returned after the final whistle.

"We are going to make an official protest about this matter," said a spokesman for Pukka Pies, who are sponsors of the band.

"There were no grounds for taking this disgraceful action, which is over-zealous in the extreme.

"Needless to say, we intend the band to be back in its rightful place by the time we get to Kiev for the Sweden game on Friday."
:wanker:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Who knew Pukka Pies sponsored the England band before this happened?

Perhaps Piglet's Pantry should sponsor Gully's Girls

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thought the support was great today as you could clearly hear it without a bloody drum or a trumpet !!!! Could even hear "The referee is a w*nker" a lot of times very clearly - because he actually was.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just heard them interviewed on the radio news. saying stuff like "we really get the crowd going" and "it's a disgrace".

To be fair though, when I first heard them, what was it, 20 years ago ? I thought they were amusing but after 3 or 4 games they just become an annoyance and are long past thier sell by date

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here