Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else hate the England band?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I bloody hate that band. The worst thing is that they play that song (can't remember the name - the one that goes "der der derrr der der der der derrr ENGLAND!") in the bloody minor key instead of major so it sounds SHITHOUSE. They constantly cock up the national anthem and the drummer seems to try to sing the melody with his bloody drum instead of keeping time. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Everyone in that band should recieve lifetime ban from all sports grounds. Almost as bad as a vuvuzela

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Agree , I have resorted to watching with the sound turned off. Two bob repertoire of the worst kind . I have a Sheffield Wednesday supporting colleague who despises them as well.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Exterminate , exterminate !!!!!!!!!!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Yes they suck - sat v near them in Osaka once. Bunch of arse with no good tunes.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One of the many reasons to give the new 'wembley experience' a swerve.

Find myself pining for the old stadium some fantastic atmospheres there without the need for a band for everyone to happy clap along to

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bunch of tossers. Not only are they awful, they also seem so disillusioned that they actually think they are some kind of vital part of the England team.
If any of you utter bellends are reading this, you're not special or important. In fact, I'm sure most people just wish you would f*** OFF and support Scotland.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I wouldn't mind of they played a few interesting different songs now and again... they have absolutely no imagination.... none

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Did it all start in the early 1990's, and did it comprise Sheff Weds fans originally?

I didn't mind it, but home and away, those tunes seemed to have replaced singing thesedays!

The 70's and 80's (and before probably) had England games with an electric atmosphere e.g. as a kid going to Wembley with the schools, and 90,000 to 100,000 singing England songs. Seems to have died, whereas Club football often still passionate.

Don't know what England games you went to , but the ones I went to, particulalrly in the 80s, has a SHOCKING lack of atmosphere, especially at Wembley . And if you went away it was a horrible xenophoboc/racist hatred of all things foreign that was peculiar to England fans at internationals.

International football has died because the clubs now can take players from a global market place based on money rather than one limited by physical boundaries

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Agree , I have resorted to watching with the sound turned off. Two bob repertoire of the worst kind . I have a Sheffield Wednesday supporting colleague who despises them as well.

Most right thinking Wednesday fans would agree with him. When there's nothing else going on on the various forums (relegation/promotion/going bust/sacking managers etc) it's the topic that gets us most agitated. On the whole, we'd rather they f***ed off up the M1 and watched Leeds Rhinos permanently, which is one of their other regulars gigs. The fact that John Hemmingham was on the board of the OwlsTrust that wanted to get into bed with Ken Bates before he turned to Leeds just adds fuel to the fire.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Just seen a sky sports news report on these wankers. They have actually been sponsored by Pukka Pies to travel to Polkraine.

I'm going to be penning a strongly worded letter to the FA complaining about them. That will give me something to do over the weekend.

Jan 30, 2008
just seen a sky sports news report on these wankers. They have actually been sponsored by pukka pies to travel to polkraine.

I'm going to be penning a strongly worded letter to the fa complaining about them. That will give me something to do over the weekend.
f***ing disgrace !!!!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
They've totally ruined the England 'atmosphere' in my opinion. There's no spontaneity anymore, everyone just sits there and waits for the band to start playing the Great Escape over and over again before joining in. Please, you've had your time, now just fcuk off and let the crowd spend the next 5 years repairing the damage you've done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here