Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he had even half the heart of Frank Bruno, he might actually have been a serious contender. But he doesn't. So he's not.
Joshua just never comes across as a naturally aggressive fighter, in the same way that Lennox Lewis never did, despite all the wins against mainly carefully-selected opponents

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't you have to pay £9.99 pm for 12 months?

Might not strictly be PPV but it ain't for free is it?!

Not for me. I wouldn't pay a quid to watch Joshua again after his disrespectful outburst when beaten up by Usyk. He has had his time and his time is over.
Or £20 for the flexible right to cancel with 30 days notice.. Of course Crodo knows this, but still thought it funny!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Joshua just never comes across as a naturally aggressive fighter, in the same way that Lennox Lewis never did, despite all the wins against mainly carefully-selected opponents
Not so sure re your comments on Lewis, he was a titan who faced up and beat FAR better fighters than the ones of this era.. But agree re Joshua. Clearly thought he just had to turn up to beat up that tub of lard Ruiz, who went on to put him on his arse. The rematch win over him meant nothing, as Ruiz had clearly spent the intervening months on the Vegas slots and cramming more cheeseburgers, he'd already had his moment and made his fortune.

Usyk dominated Joshua, and he certainly ain't that great. This is AJ drinking his tequila's at the last chance saloon. He doesn't just need to beat Franklin, he needs to absolutely SPANNER him in order to be credible again IMO. Apparently I know nothing though, so feel free to disregard.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
He was a very aggressive up until the Ruiz loss then he seems to be a lot more defensive. Lewis wasn’t always aggressive, even his trainer Emmanuel steward would get annoyed at him for being too passive.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Or £20 for the flexible right to cancel with 30 days notice.. Of course Crodo knows this, but still thought it funny!
No, the point I made was the fight is not PPV, it's in DAZN's regular offering not dissimilar to Sky, you wouldn't describe any Sky televised game as PPV but you still have to pay the subscription to watch it. It means AJ will be taking a big financial hit on this fight as he would have made plenty on PPV.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, the point I made was the fight is not PPV, it's in DAZN's regular offering not dissimilar to Sky, you wouldn't describe any Sky televised game as PPV but you still have to pay the subscription to watch it. It means AJ will be taking a big financial hit on this fight as he would have made plenty on PPV.
Yes technically you’re right - but it’s not really is it. It’s done to get subscribers paying £120 a year for a few fights - sky sports offers loads more - I reckon he’ll be getting paid a similar amount.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes technically you’re right - but it’s not really is it. It’s done to get subscribers paying £120 a year for a few fights - sky sports offers loads more - I reckon he’ll be getting paid a similar amount.
Its £99 for the year in one payment which If your a mad boxing fan then its pretty good value to be honest, with Joshua, Canelo and probably Davis vs Garcia etc.

DAZN is not meant to be a boxing only channel though, in other countries like Germany they have a broad range of sports and I think they are trying to build this up in the UK gradually. I know they tried to buy BT sports recently and are currently in negotiations for EFL games including to broadcast the 3pm Saturday ones.

I don't think the platform will be successful in this country unless they get the rights to some more sports to attract the more casual fans.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There's no finer sound in all of sport than White Stripes Seven Nation Army 'wooooah Anthony Joshua!'

:clap:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Any running water recommendations?..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Has he lost yet?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stream?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Commentary team highlighting everything Joshua does, failing to mention he is losing this fight so far.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Commentary team highlighting everything Joshua does, failing to mention he is losing this fight so far.
Ohhhh - not buying it need a stream

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Joshua sounds like he is fighting scared, not letting his hands go.

Needs to loosen up and let his hands go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here