Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I watched the Leonard v Hagler fight again a few weeks ago. You just don't get scraps of that quality these days.

I'm far from convinced that AJ can regain the titles but I really hope he does. If AJ wins, no hiding place for Fury then (or has Fury really retired just in case AJ wins?)

Leonard/Hagler isn’t even that greater fight. You clearly don’t watch boxing these days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched the Leonard v Hagler fight again a few weeks ago. You just don't get scraps of that quality these days.

I'm far from convinced that AJ can regain the titles but I really hope he does. If AJ wins, no hiding place for Fury then (or has Fury really retired just in case AJ wins?)

I stayed up the night to listen to Leonard v Hagler on the old Radio 2. The grouping (I know they didn't all meet) of Hearns, Hagler, SRL, Benitez and Duran was astonishing. Add Bruce and Don Curry, Bramble, Mancini, Arguello, the list goes on.

ITV used to show the fights in full a few days later on Saturday lunchtimes.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was following up on the story [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] mentioned that Ali (without the Vietnam ostracization) would've in effect fought until early 74, then retired.

In which case he would've missed circa 100 rounds against Holmes, Norton 3, Shavers, L.Spinks x 2, Lyle, with prime Ali settling the Frazier thing earlier.

The Greatest took a huge number of shots in those fights.

I'm not saying he'd still be alive today, and he definitely wouldn't have got Parkinson's, but retiring relatively fit at 32, he would have gone on the be a giant of the civil rights movement in the US probably on a par with Martin Luther King.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

watch the Ray Mancini v Livingstone Bramble trilogy from the early 90's ........AJ is a mincer mate Usyk will probably school him again even tough it's AJ 's last chance and he's got about 30 kg's on Usyk.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
watch the Ray Mancini v Livingstone Bramble trilogy from the early 90's ........AJ is a mincer mate Usyk will probably school him again even tough it's AJ 's last chance and he's got about 30 kg's on Usyk.

“AJ is a mincer mate”. Good god. You are an idiot.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

he's a mincer in the fact that he is built like a brick out house , is obviously super fit and is powerful but he has issues that stop him cutting lose on his opponent , i've watched most of his fights , he's definitely lost his animal instincts with regard to battering his opponent......scared of getting hit maybe ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

he's a mincer in the fact that he is built like a brick out house , is obviously super fit and is powerful but he has issues that stop him cutting lose on his opponent , i've watched most of his fights , he's definitely lost his animal instincts with regard to battering his opponent......scared of getting hit maybe ?

i'm obviously not using the word mincer in the context that you are taking it.

for the record , these guys are boxers

https://youtu.be/3qJVNGfiId0

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hope everyone has paid their £27.95 before the prices go up. This time next week Saudi will be absolutely ROCKING as AJ prepared to bring his belts back home.

:clap:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A slightly better version of Frank Bruno, I think he has been found out.

There is a reason that the strongest man in the world does not beat an elite skilful boxer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll definitely be watching out of morbid interest. But I certainly won't be paying for it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A slightly better version of Frank Bruno, I think he has been found out.

There is a reason that the strongest man in the world does not beat an elite skilful boxer.

If he had even half the heart of Frank Bruno, he might actually have been a serious contender. But he doesn't. So he's not.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
AJ making his long awaited comeback on Saturday night, the peoples champion taking on the extremely dangerous Jermaine Franklin on what is being dubbed as 'Showdown Saturday'. This will be Joshua's first non PPV bout for 7 years, as he is eager to give something back to his legions of followers.

I think it will be a tough fight but back AJ to come through in 6 and call out Tyson Fury immediately afterwards, as we head towards a pre-xmas showdown for the two British heavyweight greats of their generation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Non PPV 🤣

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don't you have to pay £9.99 pm for 12 months?

Might not strictly be PPV but it ain't for free is it?!

Not for me. I wouldn't pay a quid to watch Joshua again after his disrespectful outburst when beaten up by Usyk. He has had his time and his time is over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here