Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP rascist remark

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It just seems to be non Asian anti UKIP folk that are offended by her remarks. I've run this by a few of my Asian friends and they all think its a crock of shit, and they are not offended one little bit.

Just for the record, I am not a UKIP voter before anybody asks!

We're all entitled to our own opinions, and if some want to waste there lives away about a non story when we quite frankly should be slating our own government for the crimes they commit abroad then that's up to them!

That's my stance. I wont change it, if you don't like it, then feel free to block my comments or report me for being a racist!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's use here, is very much in the same vein as 'paki' and other terms of casual racism.

its just a daft name from a comedy. its basically like calling anyone from Kazakhstan "Borat" because that's your only reference to the country, hardly the same vein.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It just seems to be non Asian anti UKIP folk that are offended by her remarks. I've run this by a few of my Asian friends and they all think its a crock of shit, and they are not offended one little bit.

Just for the record, I am not a UKIP voter before anybody asks!

We're all entitled to our own opinions, and if some want to waste there lives away about a non story when we quite frankly should be slating our own government for the crimes they commit abroad then that's up to them!

That's my stance. I wont change it, if you don't like it, then feel free to block my comments or report me for being a racist!

The woman was less than thrilled, and her husband found the comments offensive. They are both UKIP supporters, and whilst they do not think the police
should be involved, they do believe she should be sacked. Remember, they are UKIP supporters.
I dont think to many anti UKIP people here are offended particularly, but they ARE enjoying the discomfort felt by this idiot, and the UKIP support here.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No - you're wrong.

It's only because of your personal knowledge of the far east that you see the alternative connotation.

It's )incorrect apostrophe, by the way!) use here, is very much in the same vein as 'paki' and other terms of casual racism.

No, you're wrong. Its use here (whatever its use is) is not known to a great many people, and it's therefore not in common use.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Whatever its use is?

Thats a new one...tell me what you THINK the woman was using the term for?
Im loving the excuses for this behaviour, from an elected MEP, towards her own supporters.

How would you understand 'er she is a ting tong from somewhere'

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whatever its use is?

Im loving the excuses for this behaviour, from an elected MEP, towards her own supporters.

How would you understand 'er she is a ting tong from somewhere'

Amazing how disingenious people can be, when they are trying to delude themselves, isn't it?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Did skinheads from well to do areas go Pakistani bashing?

I do not have an encyclopaedic knowledge of what was going on at the time, but probably not. All mouth and trousers.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
jackson-im-just-here-to-read-the-comments-00.jpg

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
It's funny, I know some Sri Lankans that run restaurants , they get called all sorts by the likes of some on this board, all passed off as jolly British humour. The guys smile and nod and welcome them. They hate you, they make you feel like you're back in The Raj for a couple of drunken hours on Saturday night safe in the knowledge your money is going straight into their till. 3 of them were Tamil Tigers, they can poke up with your crap for an hour or so. BUT, and here's the thing, they may not be offended but they do think you are bunch of pricks.

My sister in law is Chinese, shed floor anyone that called her Chinky. It's not taking offence it's putting you in your place.

If these sri lankans don't like their customers then why not take the option of p*ssing off back to sri lanka ? No one forced them here ,dont fancy going back ? Shut the fk up then , and your sister in law might floor someone like you , not most blokes she wouldnt.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whatever its use is?

I hadn't a clue - I would've had to ask her. Somebody on here earlier said it meant mental or stupid - I don't know if that's right or not (though how calling someone stupid can be racist I'm at a loss to understand).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You are really thick if you can't see that in modern society this expression is racist to most people of asian descent, because of the historical use of it as a term of abuse by white racist gangs in the sixties and seventies. Also, beleive it or not, most non Pakistanis dont like it cos they're not pakis (your word, not mine)
Its not racist though....its short for Pakistani and nothing else...If they don't like it that's not my problem!!
I don't like being called a brit,but that's life and you could go round in circles and think of dozens of abbreviations that may offend others.

People like you are whats wrong with society...get offended by anything to be frank.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I hadn't a clue - I would've had to ask her. Somebody on here earlier said it meant mental or stupid - I don't know if that's right or not (though how calling someone stupid can be racist I'm at a loss to understand).

No, she didnt say it to mean she was 'mental or stupid'....thats what the outraged husband of the woman explained the term meant in Asia....
Im very confident thats not the usage of the term in this case....if it was, its in a very strange context, describing your support as mental or stupid.

The woman showed herself and her party of clowns up.......but its ok...apparently, its not her fault....its everybody elses...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its not racist though....its short for Pakistani and nothing else...If they don't like it that's not my problem!!

If it is simply short for Pakistani, why do you use it to describe Indians, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans (or anyone else with dark skin running a corner shop)?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't like being called a brit,but that's life and you could go round in circles and think of dozens of abbreviations that may offend others.

People like you are whats wrong with society...get offended by anything to be frank.
A Brit has never been used in a derogatory way though, how can you not understand what people are saying?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here