Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP rascist remark

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I also know that the use of that word is NOW highly offensive to Asian people, the same as the c word was in common usage in the middle ages, and even used in street names, but is NOW highly offensive in decent society. Usage and meaning of words changes in a modern evolving language like English, and what was once acceptable language, can become offensive through mis use, or ignorance

The word 'paki' is a *******isation of the word Pakistani. Or a shortening in slang terms now deemed offensive by the majority of people. The word 'Gay' however can still be used as a term for 'happy and carefree'. As you say society changes, however we cant rewrite history about our past use of words. We can only adapt when the majority accept the new terminology, according to those that want to set the new agenda, for the use of said words! At least I can say out loud, 'now there's a gay homosexual' can't I?

Look at that, now I can't even use the word Bastar*isation without some crazy computer system filtering it! The world's gone mad I say!

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
MEP for Kent calls a lady constituent "a ting tong", they really are thick arent they?:ffsparr:

Actually, from my time spent in south east Asia, 'ting tong' is a term for someone being 'crazy' or a 'nutter'. Nothing racist about it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anybody who bellieves this idiot UKIP MEP has a deep understanding of Asian language, and culture, has used the word in a non offensive manner is frankly, clutching a large bunch of straws.
The range of excuses for this 'politician' are impressive.

D

Deleted member 22389

Anybody who bellieves this idiot UKIP MEP has a deep understanding of Asian language, and culture, has used the word in a non offensive manner is frankly, clutching a large bunch of straws.
The range of excuses for this 'politician' are impressive.

For me Dave there is a lot worse going on in this country and this world. For me this story isn't newsworthy. It's just another failed attempt to try and make UKIP look stupid, and it actually does the reverse and makes them more popular. UKIP don't need to pay for publicity because the press do it for them. And when people go around accusing UKIP of being racist, calling people stupid for supporting them, people will dig their heels in.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Best get used to sad acts trawling to glean any little thing to diss Ukip. Meanwhile important issues fly by. I expect the sad desperados to pull a few more lame stories out in the run up to the election.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The word 'paki' is a *******isation of the word Pakistani. Or a shortening in slang terms now deemed offensive by the majority of people. The word 'Gay' however can still be used as a term for 'happy and carefree'. As you say society changes, however we cant rewrite history about our past use of words. We can only adapt when the majority accept the new terminology, according to those that want to set the new agenda, for the use of said words! At least I can say out loud, 'now there's a gay homosexual' can't I?

Look at that, now I can't even use the word Bastar*isation without some crazy computer system filtering it! The world's gone mad I say!

Just for the record, the term Paki has long since been used in a derogatory sense. Skinheads in the late '60s/early '70s used to go Paki bashing...... And no, I wasn't one.

Edit: wasn't one meaning either a skinhead or a Pakistani.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just for the record, the term Paki has long since been used in a derogatory sense. Skinheads in the late '60s/early '70s used to go Paki bashing...... And no, I wasn't one.

Edit: wasn't one meaning either a skinhead or a Pakistani.

Did skinheads from well to do areas go Pakistani bashing?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You earlier stated that UKIP supporters were waxxers, doe that include the Thai lady and her husband?

I consider all UKIP supporters as wankers. Its the only possible thing to consider following the ridiculous statements, comments, racism, mysoginy, xenophobia and homophobia from their leadership, MEPs, councillers, and supporters.....

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Actually, from my time spent in south east Asia, 'ting tong' is a term for someone being 'crazy' or a 'nutter'. Nothing racist about it.

Brilliant. She made what would be understood as a racist remark in this country, while the lady concerned understood the insult in a completely different way. That must make it ok then.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Best get used to sad acts trawling to glean any little thing to diss Ukip. Meanwhile important issues fly by. I expect the sad desperados to pull a few more lame stories out in the run up to the election.

Because important issues need to be dealt with by racist, homophobic, xenophobic, mysoginistic nitwits.

...along with the traditional UKIP supporters excuses for that behaviour.

Again, nobody needs to diss UKIP...they manage that quite well on their own. Remember, we have regular discussions here after their ****ups, where people go to amazing lengths to lessen their embarrassment at supporting these numpties.

Last edited:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Hey ho - another phrase that many people have never heard of, and somebody jumps up and shouts, 'Racist'. Never heard the phrase before - what does it mean?

I might as well invent and use a word of my own - someone is sure to find it offensive - or imagine it to be offensive - to some group or other. I'll start with 'Glubbo'.......

I am from Glub and I find that offensive and racist

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Because important issues need to be dealt with by racist, homophobic, xenophobic, mysoginistic nitwits.

Are all UKIP candidates,MEP`s and supporters racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic nitwits or just the individual nitwits?

I only ask as i read a while back how some Rastafarians are racist,supremacist,homophobic,misogynistic nitwits.

Now do i label the whole cult as such or just the nitwits?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Are all UKIP candidates,MEP`s and supporters racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic nitwits or just the individual nitwits?

I only ask as i read a while back how some Rastafarians are racist,supremacist,homophobic,misogynistic nitwits.

Now do i label the whole cult as such or just the nitwits?

Ive no idea..They are certainly giving me that impression. ...do they represent you politically?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here