Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP rascist remark

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, it was very common, I often got called a ****** lover in those days, and my mother got awful abuse, because people thought the asian kids were hers. We, as a family never had to dramatize how bad it was, but we did used to laugh at the ignorance of people who could barely form a coherrent sentence togehther calling my siblings, monkeys. And just to clarify, my Brother and two sisters were all born in St Johns Wood London, so there was no fear of moving to a foriegn country, they are British.

Yes, that was racism. Also ignorance. I'm sorry that it happened - it shouldn't have, but, as I said, ignorance was involved too (not an excuse, but partially an explanation, perhaps). What is being talked about on here is PC trying to give itself credibility by aligning itself with (anti) racism....."This is PC. If you question it, you are a racist" sort of attitude. Not acceptable - any more so than abusing you or your siblings was.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
None of us on here would use language like that because we are not racists, and that's the part these silly people who get uptight about UKIP don't get. All most of us want is a proper handle on immigration, the numbers coming here for economic reasons, secondly we don't need children being taught an alternative religion that makes them eventually hate the country they live in and the people.

and 'and we have Bar who is er.. a ting tong from somewhere' from an elected UKIP MEP is the way forward... its not the last time one of these clowns have done or said something extremely inappropriate or laughable...and we all know it wont be the last.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Carry on son, one day hopefully you will realise what a moron you are

Come on now, use your new found education. Surely you have better arguments with more eloquent a vocabulary than that. Your supposed to be the new super enlightened generation with every answer at your fingertips.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I have absolutely no idea what goes on in Bali. Never been there. Won't be going. I have even less interest in what you are banging on about.
T
Bali is a lovely place. Just stay out of the touristy areas like most places you visit. This isn't exclusive to westerners. Same could be said for the locals of Hong kong who think they are better than the mainland Chinese, or the Singaporeans that are superior to the mainland Malaysian.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
None of us on here would use language like that because we are not racists, and that's the part these silly people who get uptight about UKIP don't get. All most of us want is a proper handle on immigration, the numbers coming here for economic reasons, secondly we don't need children being taught an alternative religion that makes them eventually hate the country they live in and the people.

But what you say and get upset about seems normally to be in complete disregard to the truth or the realities if the situation, particularly here in the second part, where all Muslims seem to be tarred with the same brush.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
and 'and we have Bar who is er.. a ting tong from somewhere' from an elected UKIP MEP is the way forward... its not the last time one of these clowns have done or said something extremely inappropriate or laughable...and we all know it wont be the last.

It's not the first time someone said something inappropriate, that's agreed without really needing it to be said. Now, what did Clegg say about losing 3m jobs if we exit our agreement with the EU?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come on now, use your new found education. Surely you have better arguments with more eloquent a vocabulary than that. Your supposed to be the new super enlightened generation with every answer at your fingertips.

Don't worry, mate - I think he's gone to bed now. He'll probably grow up to be alright..........eventually

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It's not the first time someone said something inappropriate, that's agreed without really needing it to be said. Now, what did Clegg say about losing 3m jobs if we exit our agreement with the EU?

Yeah, that will be in the same ball park as ..lets say homosexuals affecting the weather.

They are a bunch of ****ups, and I for one enjoy watching them ****up...repeatedly....and watching the defence in such places as NSC.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The funny thing is I'm actually more right wing then left wing in most of my views, the reason I feel strongly about these terms is that my entire friendship group would never use these terms because we know they have been known to offend people, its not hard to say let's get a Chinese tonight instead of chinky

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
T
Bali is a lovely place. Just stay out of the touristy areas like most places you visit. This isn't exclusive to westerners. Same could be said for the locals of Hong kong who think they are better than the mainland Chinese, or the Singaporeans that are superior to the mainland Malaysian.
Gosh - you're not saying that other people who are not English are racist, are you? Wow! Prepare to be flamed by the PC brigade!

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah, that will be in the same ball park as ..lets say homosexuals affecting the weather.

They are a bunch of ****ups, and I for one enjoy watching them ****up...repeatedly....and watching the defence in such places as NSC.

Thing is Dave for all the wrong things UKIP are supposedly saying, there is a real issue with the economy in the EU, there is a real issue with the numbers of people that are arriving in the EU and the UK, there is a real issue with the way some and I say some people integrate in the UK, and there is a real issue about certain religions, all the time these real problems exist and none of the main parties really want to address this because of political correctness, UKIP are not going dissapear not matter how much you hate them. I wouldn't support UKIP either, if these problems didn't exist, but they do.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
the wikipedia isnt very conclusive is it, slang isnt derogatory. the reference to the "iron chink" is interesting as its an assertive, positive usage. i dont know what to make of the nwsasian peice, its too recent (my point is the word has become offensive, when previously it was benign), and american. whats offensive in their sub-langauge shouldnt automaticall be considered offensive here. i suppose we can say that it is a "racial" term at least.

While it's another american example (and I think that may be because there was a large population of chinese people in America sooner than in Britain*) is from Pekin, Illinois, a town named after Peking, because it was halfway round the world, or something. Their high school took on the nickname in 1930, some Chinese-American groups tried to change it in the 70s, it was eventually changed in 1980.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekin,_Illinois#High_school

*Just had a look on wiki about chinese immigration to britain. There are a lot of early examples, particularly when boats started to use steam engines in the 19th century, but mentions that the Chinese community is the fastest growing ethnic group in the UK, so perhaps as the population increases the awareness of what is offensive to them is increasing, too?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The funny thing is I'm actually more right wing then left wing in most of my views, the reason I feel strongly about these terms is that my entire friendship group would never use these terms because we know they have been known to offend people, its not hard to say let's get a Chinese tonight instead of chinky

Lets agree that using derogatory remarks is awful. Trouble is we have all ages that define 'derogatory' in different ways. This thread has got to this point because the media jump on UKIP at every opportunity to try to discredit them but, all parties have numpties that make stupid comments. The 'person' should be pulled up for it not the whole party. Multiculturalism and immigration are concerns for a lot of people and for the political parties too, that should be debateable without mud slinging. I apologise if I have been too personal in this thread towards you. By the way I am not necessarily a UKIP supporter but I do think the issues need addressing concerning the way forward for this country. Additionally all political parties have a duty to be straightforward and refrain from using spin.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thing is Dave for all the wrong things UKIP are supposedly saying, there is a real issue with the economy in the EU, there is a real issue with the numbers of people that are arriving in the EU and the UK, there is a real issue with the way some and I say some people integrate in the UK, and there is a real issue about certain religions, all the time these real problems exist and none of the main parties really want to address this because of political correctness, UKIP are not going dissapear not matter how much you hate them. I wouldn't support UKIP either, if these problems didn't exist, but they do.

Fighting that with a bunch of clowns isnt going to lead anywhere, but I admire your dedication, and I dont mean that sarcastically.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Seeing as i am from a different generation.....i'll whisper this though..shhh......when i was younger my entire friendship group never actually stated "Let's go for a Chinky" in front of, or to, or even in earshot of anybody resembling a Chinese person......they were Chinese, we were going for a Chinky.
Nowadays my entire friendship group tend to go for a Ruby, although i still ring up the local Chinese, order a Chinky.....i normally have a "Sad Ba###ards Meal"......that's a "Meal For One" to you and your friendship group :wink:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Gosh - you're not saying that other people who are not English are racist, are you? Wow! Prepare to be flamed by the PC brigade!

Now you are being silly, the caste system in India is based on the colour of a person skin basically, the darker your ancestors were, the lower caste, you end up now, and the lighter skinned you were the higher the caste you could achieve. Thats a bit simplistic, but roughly how it worked. My siblings real father was an Indian of the old school, and had thrown in his lot with the British rajh, when we got out in 47, he had no choice but to come here, as he had burnt his bridges in India. When his son was born ,he was a much darker colour than either his Mum or Dad, and subsequently was shunned by his parents. Now that is real colour prejudice

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lets agree that using derogatory remarks is awful. Trouble is we have all ages that define 'derogatory' in different ways. This thread has got to this point because the media jump on UKIP at every opportunity to try to discredit them but, all parties have numpties that make stupid comments. The 'person' should be pulled up for it not the whole party. Multiculturalism and immigration are concerns for a lot of people and for the political parties too, that should be debateable without mud slinging. I apologise if I have been too personal in this thread towards you. By the way I am not necessarily a UKIP supporter but I do think the issues need addressing concerning the way forward for this country. Additionally all political parties have a duty to be straightforward and refrain from using spin.
Yeah I'm with ya on that [emoji481] - I don't trust any of the parties and believe they're all a bunch of money grabbing lying bas£@&s.. But let's leave politics for another day.. All I care about is beating Leeds 3-2 tomorrow night!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not trying to be rude here but after reading this thread you come across as someone who is a sanctimonious prat. People of all ages live in this country and they all have an opinion but I guess your attitude derives from the education you have had. That education being somewhat diluted by liberal loons who shout down opposing views and brainwash the young into accepting without question that this country should automatically accept uncontrolled multiculturalism and immigration. You are told that anyone who disagrees with that are racist and it seems you firmly believe that. Fair enough keep on being so closed minded, no problem, I guess the young will inherit the country and at least you'll be happy with it huh? Oh and by the way, it's hugely ignorant to just spout mantra instead of listening too!

Brilliantly articulated good old fashioned common SENSE!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Were you around in the 60's and 70's? I only ask because you don't seem to know what you're talking about. Paki bashing existed then - and it was racist. Paki shops also existed - and they weren't. Different meanings and usage of the same word. Same as gay meaning cheerful and fun, or meaning homosexual.

I also know that the use of that word is NOW highly offensive to Asian people, the same as the c word was in common usage in the middle ages, and even used in street names, but is NOW highly offensive in decent society. Usage and meaning of words changes in a modern evolving language like English, and what was once acceptable language, can become offensive through mis use, or ignorance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here