Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another UKIP rascist remark

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its not racist though....its short for Pakistani and nothing else...If they don't like it that's not my problem!!
I don't like being called a brit,but that's life and you could go round in circles and think of dozens of abbreviations that may offend others.

People like you are whats wrong with society...get offended by anything to be frank.

Paki shouldn't be offensive and yes, it should just be an abbreviation. BUT it is generally offensive because of the way it has been used over the years.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, she didnt say it to mean she was 'mental or stupid'....thats what the outraged husband of the woman explained the term meant in Asia....
Im very confident thats not the usage of the term in this case....if it was, its in a very strange context, describing your support as mental or stupid.

The woman showed herself and her party of clowns up.......but its ok...apparently, its not her fault....its everybody elses...
OK, so what the hell DID she mean then? It's time that information was shared with the rest of the world who weren't even aware the phrase existed, never having heard it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
OK, so what the hell DID she mean then? It's time that information was shared with the rest of the world who weren't even aware the phrase existed, never having heard it.

Oh, I doubt if she 'intended' to be offensive, but thats the best way to figure these sort of people out.
It was an outrageous, and offensive comment, from an elected politician, associated with a party that has an extremely long
record of outrageous, and offensive comments.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-28853031#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A Brit has never been used in a derogatory way though, how can you not understand what people are saying?!
Im off to the Aussie shop
Im of to the paki shop
Im off to the chinky shop
Don't see any diffrence pal

Its called the british culture of abbreviations,nothing less,nothing more!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

She meant to demean her based upon her ethnicity. Not the behaviour one expects from an elected official.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Im off to the Aussie shop
Im of to the paki shop
Im off to the chinky shop
Don't see any diffrence pal

Its called the british culture of abbreviations,nothing less,nothing more!!
You don't see the difference because you're stuck in time and don't realise society has moved on!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So you'll call a Sri Lankan a 'Paki', because there is no obvious short-form of Sri Lankan?

Brilliant.
Stop trying drum up bull shite...Yes they may all look the same in colour etc,but you're just trying to turn it into a massive racist binfest,which its not.

Fact is most of us as kids used the word"paki shop"and its still widely used,its not actually being used to offend the shop owners as its an abbreviations between friends etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stop trying drum up bull shite...Yes they may all look the same in colour etc,but you're just trying to turn it into a massive racist binfest,which its not.

Fact is most of us as kids used the word"paki shop"and its still widely used,its not actually being used to offend the shop owners as its an abbreviations between friends etc.

Whatever. I'm off home now. Your choice of terms is offensive to many. That fact that YOU don't find it such, is an utter irrelevance. If you're fine with it, you crack on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I know you don't mean to offend but you do, as I said your era grew up thinking it was the norm and obviously a lot of you still do but the majority of the generations below you have stopped using these terms

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You don't see the difference because you're stuck in time and don't realise society has moved on!
You're nothing but a leftie prude....Christ you're cracking me up,all my mates say chinky shop etc...That's never changed and maybe it will one day.

I bet hundreds of people on here say "i fancy a chinky"..."im off to the chinky shop":lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I don't believe it is widely used. I think most people find it offensive. I'd avoid making friends with people that felt it was the norm.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I know you don't mean to offend but you do, as I said your era grew up thinking it was the norm and obviously a lot of you still do but the majority of the generations below you have stopped using these terms
Yes you're right as its a lower class thing naturally,mind you im sure many middle class people use the term.
Its just very very common to hear,just don't get why some people are so touchy over certain abbreviations mmm.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You're nothing but a leftie prude....Christ you're cracking me up,all my mates say chinky shop etc...That's never changed and maybe it will one day.

I bet hundreds of people on here say "i fancy a chinky"..."im off to the chinky shop":lolol:
I'm not leftie at all, as I've said I'm more right wing in most of my views but you're obviously such an idiot you can't understand what people are telling ya on this point

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't believe it is widely used. I think most people find it offensive. I'd avoid making friends with people that felt it was the norm.
Why you some sort of snob then?
I don't wanna be fwiends with you as you said"im off to the chinky" lol...seriously some people:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why you some sort of snob then?
I don't wanna be fwiends with you as you said"im off to the chinky" lol...seriously some people:lolol:
Its funny that you think its funny to use terms that are nowadays offence, pathetic

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Whether she is racist or not, It's not a very respectful way to refer to someone IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here