Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anna Swallow's Argus Column

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty at last the voice of sense and reason. I am afraid the comments made about Fozzie totally unjustified and unfounded imho was like lighting the touch paper.

Anyway its all done & dusted now and I will go back to Holby City.

Cheerio friends :wave: .

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
eiregull said:
Hart ( right wing self opinoinated drivel monger)
Whether that is serious or I belive in that statement, it has just made me piss myself !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Harty said:
All getting a bit out of hand on here, Anna is a very good friend of mine and I think she is a very good writer.
Be it on NSC, the Argus or the BBC you won't please everyone but just because she's a 'fit bird' doesn't mean she isn't allowed to have an opinion on the Albion.
By the way Anna Fozzie is still my hero and although he lived like Oliver Reed off the pitch he never let the Albion down on it.

Ahh at last, the voice of reason. Harty when are they going to give you Manndy's job ?

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
I remember the two cup games at Old Trafford in the 92/93 season, when Giggs, Kanchelskis, Sharp et all used to really break at speed. Foster had to marshall the defence to prevent a potential landslide, and remember Foster was never blessed with too much pace.

He did a great job, we lost both games 1-0 and they were both Giggs free kicks if I remember rightly.

Definitely an Albion legend, and although full of himself he never gave less than his all on the pitch for us.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
any one who does not like fozzie has Harty to deal with. BTW your Gammar is awful Harty for someone who writes for a paper. Me I'm just an undukated oik.

Attachments

• fozzie.jpg
    fozzie.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 317

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Harty, you are entitled to your opinion, and on most things I would agree with you, its just that the groundswell of opinion from the 'fan on the street' is that Anna Swallow's column is pretty out of touch, and difficult to relate to for the majority of fans on a Saturday night.

Unless of course you are lunching in the Ivy, or sitting on top of the Hove co-op roof, for some reason.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
AS a youngster watching the Albion Steve Foster was someone who always looked like he was trying his heart out (in his latter days) and from what i heard a great player before for us too.

Chappers says legend.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
ps What are you lot doing reading the Argus anyway (apart from Harty's column which i naturally rip out in the shop).

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
For me Chappers, it something I grew up with and still cant give up, a bit like Farleys Rusks and Calpol.

Only ever buy the Sports Argus tho

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
For me Chappers, it something I grew up with and still cant give up, a bit like Farleys Rusks and Calpol.

Only ever buy the Sports Argus tho

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gareth Glover said:
Roz's column was much more readable and she knows her football. Anna should really be doing the cooking & washing up imho.

Sexist ? moi ? never.

Gareth mate, the only reason "the girls" get involved is because you insist on making jokey comments like this.

If you'd kept your comments to the content of Anna's columns it wouldn't have become a sexist issue. You made it one. You can hardly blame "the girls" for wading in.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Says the women who asked me if offside is when, and i quote, 'the ball goes off the side'.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
Harty said:
Eire Gull: Twat

concise and to the point 10/10 for journalistic approach, i didnt say which bit was serious. But your witty insightful and intelligent response has me reeling, and forces me to concede that your position as the voice of all things albion is undoubtedly fully deserved.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How long have you followed the Albion as a matter of pure interest Eire ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eire, the way I see it, you abused harty so he abused you back. I wouldn't say you hold the high ground on this one.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Cant we get back to the more valid topic of slagging off the Sports Argus ??!!

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
pure interest ??

since i was four, allthough i was six when attending my first game. I was a season ticket holder at gillingham, and still am despite living over 500 miles away in ireland ( allthough only now attend 10/15 games a season due to cost.) is that okay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here